Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

GameInformer has posted their hands-on impressions of NBA Live 15 and explain the focus the developers have on the game this year.

Below are a few items of interest, but make sure to read the entire article here.
  • Moved alley oops to a face button
  • NCAA basketball quick action system for plays has been brought over
  • More than 600 new dunking and lay-up animations were added
  • Physics in the paint

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 loosey101 @ 10/03/14 10:15 AM
Good stuff, sounds like he had a positive experience for the most part and it looks to make some major strides over last years iteration. I'm even more excited to play now but EA, you have got to work out the slow reaction to loose balls. It was almost impossible to get a loose ball last year. Looking forward to hearing some more hands on previews.

# 2 shutdown10 @ 10/03/14 10:21 AM
These articles need video demonstrations on how Live has improved these aspects because the consumer base are more visual now. This is October so Live needs to be in hustle mode doing what ever they can to make sure Live is at least worth a look. The writer stated that the graphics looked improved, but I need EA to prove that because the graphics in the latest video did not look that good to me. Nothing was photo realistic, and the Visuals trailer felt misleading to me after watching that offensive improvements trailer.

# 3 tha_show256 @ 10/03/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
These articles need video demonstrations on how Live has improved these aspects because the consumer base are more visual now. This is October so Live needs to be in hustle mode doing what ever they can to make sure Live is at least worth a look. The writer stated that the graphics looked improved, but I need EA to prove that because the graphics in the latest video did not look that good to me. Nothing was photo realistic, and the Visuals trailer felt misleading to me after watching that offensive improvements trailer.
My sentiments exactly!! Couldn't have said any better myself.

# 4 El_Poopador @ 10/03/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Tapping L1 at any time on the court will enact a series of ad hoc screens and cuts to try and free up an offensive option. If you tap it while carrying the ball up the court, it also serves to initiate early offense with high screens.
This is the biggest thing I took from the article. Transition plays were largely nonexistent last year, so to be able to call a screen in transition will be a huge help to make the game feel more organic. Still looking forward to trying the demo.

# 5 wdh6325 @ 10/03/14 11:05 AM
Very encouraging preview. Good to hear the positives over the negatives from people who haven't even played the game yet. Can't wait.

# 6 da ThRONe @ 10/03/14 11:08 AM
These reviews are promising, but they aren't really giving you much in terms of new info.

Also the review has Oct. 7 as the release date.

# 7 Mintsa @ 10/03/14 11:27 AM
Honestly, I think the "other game" will have to be released first until we really start seeing the meat and potatoes of this game. I also think that was part of the reason for pushing back Live's release date.

# 8 mvb34 @ 10/03/14 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
These reviews are promising, but they aren't really giving you much in terms of new info.

The NCAA basketball quick action system for plays is something new..

# 9 swac07 @ 10/03/14 11:38 AM
Quote:
GameInformer:

"I noticed in particular that players reacted slowly to loose balls, and some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backwards "
I hope both of these issues are fixed by the 28th that loose ball issue was in 14 argh and with defenders being pushed back it could mean the offensive player over powers the defender on contact in the paint regardless of body size . Hopefully thats tuned cant have everybody getting dunked on and flailing in the paint like that Rose dunk on the offensive impressions vid..gotta have some kinda battle or stalemate going on the paint at times.

Overall ok read so far it wasnt anything that hasnt already been mentioned about live minus the button to cause players to move like on ncaa bb..I cant wait to see true gameplay vids and play the demo.

# 10 The 24th Letter @ 10/03/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backwards
Concerned about this.

"Rag doll" physics sounds great, but the defenders body should still be respected....

# 11 yaboythecib @ 10/03/14 12:04 PM
Great Read..... 600 new Dunk & Lay up animation excited me...that more then Live 10 & 14 combined. I could of sworn quick plays was in Live 10 as well. But at the end of the day this is the third straight positive hands on I've read so the a huge plus.... It's funny all the positive review are from those who'd had a hands on of Live 15 and all the negative are from those who HAVEN"T.... Very Funny..

# 12 wdh6325 @ 10/03/14 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
Great Read..... 600 new Dunk & Lay up animation excited me...that more then Live 10 & 14 combined. I could of sworn quick plays was in Live 10 as well. But at the end of the day this is the third straight positive hands on I've read so the a huge plus.... It's funny all the positive review are from those who'd had a hands on of Live 15 and all the negative are from those who HAVEN"T.... Very Funny..
My point exactly.

# 13 da ThRONe @ 10/03/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
I know you are being facetious, but I've felt like this has been EA's approach with Live 15. Get the game in peoples hands as quietly as possible. It's dangerous plan in this world of hype we live in hopefully this is why there's so little visual upgrades being shown.

# 14 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/03/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Where you see that? I'm surprised it's releasing this early

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Concerned about this.

"Rag doll" physics sounds great, but the defenders body should still be respected....
I hope he's not referring to being stuck or losing control in animation on defense

# 15 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/03/14 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly, I think the "other game" will have to be released first until we really start seeing the meat and potatoes of this game. I also think that was part of the reason for pushing back Live's release date.
I honestly expect a demo by the 14th, 1 week after the other game. I may be asking too much

# 16 loosey101 @ 10/03/14 12:37 PM
Rockie, I think you're right, I expect it to drop in a week as well.

# 17 life4eva @ 10/03/14 12:48 PM
I don't really care about all of the extra stuff, first and foremost and MOST IMPORTANTLY give me a good playing game offline/online, that's it PEROID.

Depending on reviews I will get Live or 2K this year

# 18 nuttyrich @ 10/03/14 12:49 PM
3/4 of the article was seemed like a press release, not hands on impression. It's good to see they've worked on nba live, won't be bad having two games to choose from. Hope EA doesn't pull that xbone access and only give paying customer's a chance to play, demo should drop for BOTH systems for FREE.

Here's hoping to a good game

# 19 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/03/14 12:52 PM

# 20 Rondee @ 10/03/14 12:55 PM
I agree with this comment on the article. It sounds very much like it's written to hype the game. I guess none of these "first impressions" are truly without bias, but just saying... I would have appreciated a more objective view...

"The gameplay may still have some rough edges - I noticed in particular that players reacted slowly to loose balls, and some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backward. But if the majority of these alterations prove themselves out over extended play sessions, the Live series may finally have a foundation from which to build a true competitor to NBA 2K." And this sums up the problem with video game "journalism." Clearly, the point of this article is to hype this game, not to provide a genuine critique of the experience. You focus on the positives and talk potential, while relegating the problems to a one-off in the final paragraph that is phrased in such a way as to minimize them. How is this journalism? How does this protect the consumer? Do you feel NO responsibility to us as readers? Or did EA pay you to say these things? I mean, I hate to go there because I don't think it's true in most cases--or at least not quite so direct as "here's money to say good things"--but the framing of this piece begs the question. Especially considering how poor last year's entry was, your approach should be one of skepticism, and yet here you are providing a ringing endorsement.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.