Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

GameTrailers have posted their NBA Live 15 hands-on impressions in their latest videocast. Make sure you watch it and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 swac07 @ 10/04/14 01:12 PM
Now these buzzwords like fun and responsive have been cracking me up....

# 82 Traceur @ 10/04/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Neither game has offered a "sim" experience in a long time.
There is no true "sim experience" in VIDEO GAMES. The sooner people start realizing this, the more FUN they will have with the actual game instead of being obsessed with numbers/stats.

# 83 Traceur @ 10/04/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The one thing I would strongly advise is that Live either severely tone down or just flat out remove the dunk animation where the player grabs the rim with the off hand before dunking the ball with the other hand. You can literally watch 1000's of dunks and none of the players dunk like that even with the most contested dunks.
I completely agree. Also that's an ILLEGAL play/move in the NBA. You can't grab the rim with your off-hand on a dunk or layup. Hopefully it will be addressed in a Day 1 patch.

# 84 Maxbeatzz @ 10/04/14 02:32 PM
2k14 has 2 dunks where the rim is grabbed by the off hand I think they add stuff like that for hype! It is a video game at the end of the day!!! Both games will have there positives though.

# 85 swac07 @ 10/04/14 02:46 PM
Will there be any information/impressions about defense???

# 86 RdubYa @ 10/04/14 03:00 PM
Just not that impressed. The player models didn't look that great, and a few times throughout the ball handling just seemed "off" to me.

Honestly may pass on both games this year. 2k just rubbed me the wrong way with their handling of issues, especially VC.

# 87 Earl1963 @ 10/04/14 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Wonder how long it took them to remember the key words to advertise.. locomotion, physics, passing, player movement. Come'on this preview was so controlled by EA, Ill wait for previews by people who does not have EA in the room looking at them play the game.
I really hope this isn't the case.

# 88 Formula1Racing @ 10/04/14 03:38 PM
It looks real good!...I didn't see any foot sliding from what I can tell. Looking forward to playing NBA Live15 this year!

# 89 Guard-ian @ 10/04/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceur
There is no true "sim experience" in VIDEO GAMES. The sooner people start realizing this, the more FUN they will have with the actual game instead of being obsessed with numbers/stats.
That is not completely true. I play racing videogames (Iracing for instance) with my good wheel, pedals and playseat and I can say that I have a great and incredibly realistic "sim experience", even though I got your point, I think in sports games the goal should always be to simulate reality, and in basketball (for instance) stats are a very important aspect of the game...

Back to the topic, all the impressions have been quite positive so far (we could not say the same thing last year with Live 14) so I am really looking forward to NBA Live 15 and hopefully this season we will have 2 enjoyable and sim oriented basketball videogames...

Cheers! ;-)

# 90 wdh6325 @ 10/04/14 06:00 PM
It is good to see lots of positive hands on previews. It seems like Live now has a good core from which to build on. Hopefully the community will support it with strong sales. And hopefully the development team will continue to Inovate the game and keep the community involved with its growth.

# 91 arkhamRejek @ 10/04/14 07:59 PM
can't buy it, looks to cartoonish still

# 92 GisherJohn24 @ 10/04/14 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamRejek
can't buy it, looks to cartoonish still
Cartoon? Did ypu just see a super tecmo basketball video? Not seeing cartoon at all

# 93 mlp111 @ 10/04/14 11:38 PM
One thing i noticed from all the previews from the other game being shown now is how well EA did in the arena lighting and authenticity. Going to give the game a shot. Two hoop games will be better than just having one. My only hangup is that EA isn't showing the fans what we want to see. Show us some gameplay. Thats all were asking. I'm sold on players, shoes, arena, and accessories authenticity.... Just give me some gameplay to settle my wavering attitude towards their product.

# 94 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 10/05/14 12:15 AM
Can someone post a download link for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 95 wdh6325 @ 10/05/14 05:53 AM
There was an option to download it on the gametrailers page below the video. I dl'd it from my phone and from my pc.

# 96 Vni @ 10/05/14 08:29 AM
Live 16 is a game I will definately have my eyes on. Looks promising.

# 97 yaboythecib @ 10/05/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Hey man it's really respectable of you to come here and speak your honest mind. Hearing you say that your a 2k fanboy yet you had fun with the time you had with Live 15 actually makes me looking forward to this game even more. I consider myself more of a 2k fan as well (ironically 2k3 was the game that completely sold me on the series) but I've been waiting for Live to come out with an enjoyable game for a while.

You also touch on a point that I think a lot of fans disagree on and it's the idea of Live "catching up" with 2k. I think we all want Live to have the depth, quality, and variety of modes as 2k but I don't think Live necessarily needs to "catch up" to 2k in order to gain fans and be considered a competitor. Where Live can shine and gain some popularity is with it's on court gameplay. If the game can be fun, yet realistic, offer responsive controls and be something a little different than 2k then the series will be able to make a name for itself instead of living in
2k's shadow. I think people focus so much on comparing the two games that they forget to enjoy Live for what it is instead being concerned with what it is not.
I couldn't agree more....

# 98 arkhamRejek @ 10/05/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Cartoon? Did ypu just see a super tecmo basketball video? Not seeing cartoon at all
The way the player models are shaped, every motion on the jumpshot , their Armpits you tell me what you're looking at. Live has potential but way to unrealistic for me. I've been waiting since live 08 to see if it was worth purchasing. This review itself doesn't really give you anything I need to hear the good the bad and the ugly. Skipping this years purchase as well. I've bought both live in 2k since 2003 but stopped buying live after 08

# 99 thesniper321 @ 10/05/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamRejek
The way the player models are shaped, every motion on the jumpshot , their Armpits you tell me what you're looking at. Live has potential but way to unrealistic for me. I've been waiting since live 08 to see if it was worth purchasing. This review itself doesn't really give you anything I need to hear the good the bad and the ugly. Skipping this years purchase as well. I've bought both live in 2k since 2003 but stopped buying live after 08
I see some weird moves but no cartoon, were you looking at the wrong video??

# 100 wdh6325 @ 10/05/14 05:55 PM
No cartoons here either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.