Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 title update #2 is available now for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users. Here are the details.

XBOX 360 AND PS3 CHANGES:

- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Numerous stability improvements

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cedrik @ 10/07/14 07:49 AM
I just simmed a couple of seasons of offline cfm and stats are on par with online cfm meaning more passing yards/tds, less picks and sacks etc.

# 2 Yukon46 @ 10/07/14 09:06 AM
Simmed a season....

Passing Yards and TD's up to normal par area... Int's seemed high across the board.

Rushing was horrible... 2 total players over 1000 yards, and TDs seemed low 11 was highest, about 10 total players over 9 Rushing TD's.

Receiving was kinda normal for Receptions and Yards.... TD's again the problem, too low... 11 was high, about a handful had 10 recv TDs.

Tackles looked normal ... Maybe low in the Sacks, 17 was highest about 10 players in double digit Sacks.

Int's was high.... leader with 15, then 13 and 11.... then about 30 guys with 7-8 Int's, too many !

Punting was horrible... like 34 yards avg..... not Net after TB and returns... 34 Avg.... 30-32 net !

Just weird how some things that have never been broken....are now broken!

And for anyone (like me) that was hoping that they opened up some editing options to players appearances with CFM with a patch....
that did not happen with this patch !!!

# 3 Steve_OS @ 10/07/14 01:08 PM
XBOX 360 AND PS3 CHANGES:
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Numerous stability improvements

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...adden-15-patch

# 4 oneamongthefence @ 10/07/14 01:36 PM
Qb signature styles worked already. And there isn't a defensive camera in last gen.

Hopefully there is a fix for user secondary coverage.

# 5 ksteward84 @ 10/07/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Simmed a season....

Passing Yards and TD's up to normal par area... Int's seemed high across the board.

Rushing was horrible... 2 total players over 1000 yards, and TDs seemed low 11 was highest, about 10 total players over 9 Rushing TD's.

Receiving was kinda normal for Receptions and Yards.... TD's again the problem, too low... 11 was high, about a handful had 10 recv TDs.

Tackles looked normal ... Maybe low in the Sacks, 17 was highest about 10 players in double digit Sacks.

Int's was high.... leader with 15, then 13 and 11.... then about 30 guys with 7-8 Int's, too many !

Punting was horrible... like 34 yards avg..... not Net after TB and returns... 34 Avg.... 30-32 net !

And for anyone (like me) that was hoping that they opened up some editing options to players appearances with CFM with a patch....
I noticed that this was c&p word for word from the current gen forums, so I don't know which gen this poster is playing on.

# 6 hanzsomehanz @ 10/07/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

Hopefully there is a fix for user secondary coverage.
Yes!

This needs to be addressed on all consoles!

It will grieve me to still see defenders suck thier thumbs at the snap and let the receiver gain five yards before they decide to finally respond which is to no avail as their reaction is nonchalant & lacks any semblance of hustle.

It will grieve me to still see defenders suck their thumbs in zone and not react to targets
in or entering their zone.

It will grieve me to see my defenders not react to their targeted receiver or the ball thrown in their targeted window or worst: completely ball on their target mid route for no logical reason and essentially giving the QB and Receiver a free pass into the endzone.

It will be all the more clear the Pass D Reaction Times and Reaction Animations were retrograded on purpose for nefarious reasons.

EA has got to patch the Pass Coverage AI: it is the #1 grievance for Online H2H experience.

H2H opponents get booted for grieving but what can we do and who can we contact when is the Gameplay that is grieving us?

Who can kick these guys butts for the asinine implementation of reprobate AI coverage?

# 7 roadman @ 10/07/14 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Yes!

This needs to be addressed on all consoles!

It will grieve me to still see defenders suck thier thumbs at the snap and let the receiver gain five yards before they decide to finally respond which is to no avail as their reaction is nonchalant & lacks any semblance of hustle.

It will grieve me to still see defenders suck their thumbs in zone and not react to targets
in or entering their zone.

It will grieve me to see my defenders not react to their targeted receiver or the ball thrown in their targeted window or worst: completely ball on their target mid route for no logical reason and essentially giving the QB and Receiver a free pass into the endzone.

It will be all the more clear the Pass D Reaction Times and Reaction Animations were retrograded on purpose for nefarious reasons.

EA has got to patch the Pass Coverage AI: it is the #1 grievance for Online H2H experience.

H2H opponents get booted for grieving but what can we do and who can we contact when is the Gameplay that is grieving us?

Who can kick these guys butts for the asinine implementation of reprobate AI coverage?
Hanz,

I played 5 minute quarters, Bears vs Packers.

You can about guess who I was.

All Pro default, sliders at 50.

There was 1 DPI on the CPU. lol, on 50. It wasn't the right call, the ball sailed over Nelson's head, but the Safety bumped and DPI was called.

Anyway, Rodgers ended with 33% passing with 2 picks. If you aren't careful, it could be pick city.

Meshes, Drives and slants are harder to pass on and I'm loving every minute of it. Before the patch, those were all money plays.

Cutler missed three passes, two while in the grasp and one Int.

Packers had 4 sacks(5 minute quarters) and I think the Bears had 2 or 3.

Coverage is definitely better after a small sample size.

# 8 Sturzinator @ 10/07/14 03:50 PM
Played three 15 minute quarters of a CFM game.

Took all of one quarter to witness my safety with deep zone responsibility come charging upfield for no reason, leaving a streaking WR on a nine route go in for a touchdown uncontested.

I don't know what this patch fixed....I know it's only three quarters but I see no difference in game play with all the same problems. Too many sacks, terrible coverage, etc.

Worse yet, it seems the running game needs patched as well. It's getting easier and easier to get 150 plus yards rushing per game. I have human run block down to 3 with no relief in sight. I think the slider is broken.

Then I remind myself we need to be careful what we ask for from EA. They finally solve the very complex programming issue of how to fix the wind arrow after umpteen years only to have the wind effects now terribly exacerbated. Don't try that 45 yarder into the wind! Raise the FGP slider to compensate and you're easily kicking 70 yarders with the wind at your back. Lose/ lose.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Every year it's the same old same old. It's not so much a game as it is a massive "fix er upper" project.

# 9 roadman @ 10/07/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Played three 15 minute quarters of a CFM game.

Took all of one quarter to witness my safety with deep zone responsibility come charging upfield for no reason, leaving a streaking WR on a nine route go in for a touchdown uncontested.

I don't know what this patch fixed....I know it's only three quarters but I see no difference in game play with all the same problems. Too many sacks, terrible coverage, etc.

Worse yet, it seems the running game needs patched as well. It's getting easier and easier to get 150 plus yards rushing per game. I have human run block down to 3 with no relief in sight. I think the slider is broken.

Then I remind myself we need to be careful what we ask for from EA. They finally solve the very complex programming issue of how to fix the wind arrow after umpteen years only to have the wind effects now terribly exacerbated. Don't try that 45 yarder into the wind! Raise the FGP slider to compensate and you're easily kicking 70 yarders with the wind at your back. Lose/ lose.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Every year it's the same old same old. It's not so much a game as it is a massive "fix er upper" project.
And I had competely diffferent results than you did, interesting. Not doubting, just two different experiences.

The run game seemed fine, too.

# 10 Sturzinator @ 10/07/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I had competely diffferent results than you did, interesting. Not doubting, just two different experiences.

The run game seemed fine, too.
There may be some merit to the idea the underneath coverage has been improved. My main beef with the coverage are the DBs bailing on deep responsibility or leaving their man assignment to charge upfield for no apparent reason. Also, the angles to the ball carrier getting pulled off and abandoned at the last moment (when near the sidelines) forgoing a TD saving tackle.

Maybe I need to burn down my slider house and start over......ugh.

# 11 roadman @ 10/07/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
There may be some merit to the idea the underneath coverage has been improved. My main beef with the coverage are the DBs bailing on deep responsibility or leaving their man assignment to charge upfield for no apparent reason. Also, the angles to the ball carrier getting pulled off and abandoned at the last moment (when near the sidelines) forgoing a TD saving tackle.

Maybe I need to burn down my slider house and start over......ugh.
I hate slider-itis.

I worked for the last week testing QBA and sacks trying to come up with the right sliders and then, the patch arrived.

So, I reset everything to All-Pro default and noticed the meshes, drives and slants were well covered. Before patch, they were all money plays.

# 12 woodjer @ 10/07/14 05:11 PM
Can anyone confirm that I can complete an offline CFM game now and get back to the menus without it freezing? I would assume this would fall under "Numerous stability improvements" but ya never know, I guess...

# 13 ksteward84 @ 10/07/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Can anyone confirm that I can complete an offline CFM game now and get back to the menus without it freezing? I would assume this would fall under "Numerous stability improvements" but ya never know, I guess...
I haven't had this issue ever, I think it's something that you're goin to have to see for yourself.

# 14 fripperiffic @ 10/07/14 07:28 PM
Post patch I started a new Offline CFM and in the first pre-season game, Brock Osweiler (sp?) went 21/23 for 250+ yards and a few scores. That was against the Seattle D. Almost nothing was tightly defended...maybe my defensive adjustments pre-snap blow......It was ALL-PRO default sliders. They did however pick me off 3 times with Tarvaris Jackson.

# 15 hanzsomehanz @ 10/07/14 10:27 PM
I see 0 (zero, zip, nada) change in gameplay for H2H

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 16 BanchamekGym @ 10/08/14 04:46 AM
Is this patch only available for xbox live gold users? I haven't wasted as much as the game cost on "gold" for the right to use my own internet.

I can download the roster updates whenever they come out on the 360 without the "gold" xbox live.

I played a game today and don't remember seeing any update download at any point.

# 17 joshopsu @ 10/08/14 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Simmed a season....

In 2013, 13 players rushed for 1,000+ yards. 2 is too low. The rushing TDs are fine though. 2013: 12 was the highest. 10 players did score at least 9 TDs.

Receving TDs might be a bit low. Receiving TDs in 2013: Jimmy Graham 16, D. Thomas 14 for WRs. 13 players IRL scored 10 or more TDs.

Sacks are okay at the top end. 17 is good for the league leader. But there need to be more with 10+ sacks. On espy.com, there were 24 plays with at least 10.

Agree with INTs being too high!

# 18 Yukon46 @ 10/08/14 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshopsu
In 2013, 13 players rushed for 1,000+ yards. 2 is too low. The rushing TDs are fine though. 2013: 12 was the highest. 10 players did score at least 9 TDs.

Receving TDs might be a bit low. Receiving TDs in 2013: Jimmy Graham 16, D. Thomas 14 for WRs. 13 players IRL scored 10 or more TDs.

Sacks are okay at the top end. 17 is good for the league leader. But there need to be more with 10+ sacks. On espy.com, there were 24 plays with at least 10.

Agree with INTs being too high!
I have noticed no one else has said much about simmed stats... I had just downloaded the patch and simmed one season yesterday and I found a few things way off.

Maybe it was a 1 season fluke...

I dunno... not much enthused with this update I feel we waited way too long for. IMO

# 19 roadman @ 10/08/14 12:16 PM
The CPU AI QB is killing this game for me.

If coverage is tight, the CPU QB holds on too long and runs into a blocker or tackler, boom sack #'s increase.

# 20 CaseIH @ 10/08/14 12:31 PM
Anyone notice in owners mode if they fixed it so you actually have money to sign players now. I had heard that was a major issue when using owner mode so I didnt ry owner mode, hoping this is fixed so I can play owner mode.

Glad to see stats get tweaked and if owner mode is fixed I will love this game/

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.