Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

While the face-scanning tech can work really really well (see our thread for some great examples of it working right) it also can create beings of a sort that will give you nightmares for weeks.

We're talking Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Left For Dead type of grotesque here. A team full of these 'things' is probably a viral video waiting to happen.

To get a proper Facescan, you have to carefully follow the on-screen instructions while ensuring you have proper lighting. A lack of either can result in some really messed up situations.

I hope you sleep well tonight.

Update: Some are asking how to scan your face properly. Here's a great video from ipodkingcarter showing you how to properly scan your face.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CujoMatty @ 10/07/14 05:17 PM
I think that the you tube video is misleading. I couldnt get the box to turn green when using 2 lamps. I used just the light on in my room (at night) I didnt use a sheet behind me and I got a fantastic result on my second try. biggest tips on that video that helped was make sure camera is eye height and fill up the green box with your face. my face in the box had my chin and half my forehead cut off and it worked great.

# 22 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/14 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadojoker
Tried again for an hour straight. .false advertising on 2k's part..i want my money back for buying this damn PS4 camera.. (but I'll try for 5-10x before i do). People on these boards trolling saying people dont follow directions obviously don't have the game.
This post made my day.

We need a thread where everyone can show their monstrosities.

# 23 shaikio @ 10/07/14 05:47 PM
I scanned mine twice and it worked both times. First time got an above average score and 5,900 reference points. Second time got a great score and just shy of 10,000 reference points (9,938 to be exact). Happy that I haven't had the issues that others have.

# 24 ClassActFan @ 10/07/14 05:50 PM
The face scan must think I'm black.

I'm pretty white. Used pretty good lighting. Sat up close. Two scans in a row and it thinks I'm black. Any way to edit this? Or do I need to rescan?

I also have a beard, and it didn't even register it.

# 25 shaikio @ 10/07/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
The face scan must think I'm black.

I'm pretty white. Used pretty good lighting. Sat up close. Two scans in a row and it thinks I'm black. Any way to edit this? Or do I need to rescan?

I also have a beard, and it didn't even register it.
You can change the skin tone after the scan is done. In terms of your beard, my scan recognized mine but I had to add facial hair in the post scan edit for it to look close to right.

# 26 stanfordfanatic5 @ 10/07/14 06:09 PM
I got high 1,800's both times. I think I am moving my head to slowly... but it does say slow!

# 27 ClassActFan @ 10/07/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikio
You can change the skin tone after the scan is done. In terms of your beard, my scan recognized mine but I had to add facial hair in the post scan edit for it to look close to right.
Where do you edit skin tone? Maybe I missed it. In vitals, profile sculpting, features, etc.? Or is it after "complete"? Sorry for being bothersome for you or anybody about this. I'm clueless.

Edit: It's under vitals. Good god, I'm blind, guys! I'm blind!

# 28 Bnyce @ 10/07/14 06:19 PM
Has anyone gotten a solid Xbox one scan!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 stanfordfanatic5 @ 10/07/14 06:19 PM
Anhyone have a suggestion to get your number of features up?

# 30 daonejmel @ 10/07/14 06:34 PM
gotta play with the skin tone a bitAttachment 84056

# 31 daonejmel @ 10/07/14 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfordfanatic5
Anhyone have a suggestion to get your number of features up?
I think its how slow you move your face and how much light your around, last night I tried the scan in my basement where the lighting is pretty bad, but tried the scan earlier upstairs and got the results in the above pic. I opened the blinds and had a lamp on the other side where shadow of my face would be. And move my face very slow while scanning , i kept it straight until they say turn, moved left first then right as they said. I moved slow enough to the point where I turned to each side once.

# 32 TheRealMrRager_ @ 10/07/14 07:19 PM
its trash, im not doing all of that man.

# 33 Sinner @ 10/07/14 07:25 PM
I've done it 3 times and can't not have 2 mouths lol

# 34 Inzombniac @ 10/07/14 07:51 PM
I've spent nearly an hour and a half trying this. The best source for the Kinect is on top of my TV and my TV is near the window facing the side wall, Meaning that my entire face comes out dark, with one side not really scanning at all.

My best result has been positioning the Kinect on one of the open blinds of my window, while sitting on a chair directly across from it. Unfortunately, I can't see the TV without turning my head and the scan starts too soon afterwards that I can't adjust myself so the facial features come out crooked. When I position it on a tray that I have for food and sit on the floor, the red window won't turn green for whatever reason. I don't understand this.

# 35 iNolaNightmare @ 10/07/14 07:55 PM
I put the sheet behind me but the red square couldn't locate me.

# 36 knick9mm @ 10/07/14 08:00 PM
My scan came out looking just like me, just have to work on my lighting. My face was too bright

# 37 YaBoySykk @ 10/07/14 08:35 PM
This Damn kinect camera won't read my face unless im far away & my shoulders end up in the box but it always ends up putting my eyes down by my nostrils & so on. Frustrating!

# 38 CujoMatty @ 10/07/14 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoySykk
This Damn kinect camera won't read my face unless im far away & my shoulders end up in the box but it always ends up putting my eyes down by my nostrils & so on. Frustrating!
that happened to me first time too. you have to make sure your camera is exactly eye height. if you took glasses off and held them straight out front of your face 6-12inches thats where the camera needs to be. I had to put my camera on a dresser and 2 tissue boxes to get it to the right height and it worked .

for those who are having problems with the camera not picking up your face (not turning green) try using less light. I did the 2 lamps method at first but it wouldnt pick up my face until I just used regular lighting in the room. my skin tone was perfect. im a white dude though so not sure if that made a difference from the guy who made the tutorial. also make sure you turn your head real slow and not farther than 30 degrees or it loses your face.

the guy in the tutorial also said if it loses your face at any point start again. On my second I got a good scan but it was only 3700 points it captured and it said average capture or whatwver so I tried again. on the next attempt every time I turned my head it lost my face. must of did this 15 times but I figured I would just see it through and not start over. it eventually finished and it captured 5800 points and turned out perfect.

not saying any of this will work for you but maybe my results will help someone having problems even if they follow the tutorial.

# 39 domwillb @ 10/07/14 09:16 PM
**** at this point I wish I could even get the god damn alien... everytime I try to scan the piece of **** red box never turns green

# 40 TCFClemson @ 10/07/14 09:23 PM
my scan wasnt awful but im still struggling with number of points should I go faster or slower wtih my head turn?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.