Home
DriveClub News Post

While the ongoing server problems continue to plague DriveClub, the team has announced on Facebook they needed to delay the PS Plus Edition until those server issues are resolved.

Quote:
In order to help all DRIVECLUB players who have the game already, we're temporarily holding back the PS Plus Edition and the My DRIVECLUB app to ease the load and traffic to the servers. This should give players a better chance of connecting to the game servers and, once the servers are operating well, we’ll be sure to let you know when the PS Plus Edition and My DRIVECLUB app will be available to download.

To our PS Plus fans, we're sorry you're having to wait longer to play, but we want to ensure that when you come on board, you get the best experience possible. Rest assured, if you've pre-ordered the full game upgrade from the PS Plus Edition, you will still get the full version of DRIVECLUB digitally, and if you can't get online you'll be able to get started offline like everybody else with single player mode as you start your DRIVECLUB tour. You’ll still be able to earn fame, unlock cars and get to grips with all of the options for playing and creating your own events and challenges - and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online.

Game: DriveClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 4 - View All
DriveClub Videos
Member Comments
# 1 loadedlux @ 10/08/14 09:54 AM
hmmm does anyone think they are really tryin to get a few impatient people to go ahead and buy it instead of waiting on the free edition, especially with the mixed reviews coming out?

# 2 Jasong7777 @ 10/08/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
hmmm does anyone think they are really tryin to get a few impatient people to go ahead and buy it instead of waiting on the free edition, especially with the mixed reviews coming out?
Wouldn't surprise me.

# 3 Bullit @ 10/08/14 10:05 AM
Yeah I haven't played it yet but a few of my friends have. So far one likes it and two hate it. The two that hate it say the AI is horrible and just drives on rails and will actually knock you off the racing line if you are in the way. Which makes you loose points or whatever.

Anyway after reading all of the mixed reviews I will definitely stay away until the free version comes out to form my own opinion.

# 4 SVCbearcat10 @ 10/08/14 10:06 AM
This is why I can't commit to going digital, especially with Sony. Games that you can't pre-download aren't available until 6 - 7 pm on the east coast, and they reserve the right to delay without prior notice. Yeah, it's for basically a demo but it has happened for full games.

# 5 scottborasjr @ 10/08/14 10:53 AM
For all intensive purposes even if you have the full game it is still just a demo as the main component of this game is supposed to be the online competition which has been nonfunctional since the beginning.

# 6 SoMiss2000 @ 10/08/14 11:09 AM
"Intents and purposes" lmao...

Sent from my LG G3

# 7 scottborasjr @ 10/08/14 11:16 AM
Stupid auto correct ha ha

# 8 countryboy @ 10/08/14 11:20 AM
My excitement level to play this game from the day it was announced to now has dropped significantly. And now, with server issues and the game hasn't launched???

# 9 maltliquor23 @ 10/08/14 11:27 AM
When it went from day one to delayed. I went from must buy to might buy. Regardless of reviews, I was still holding out hope. However, when the release came and no one spoke up as to where it was even though the store update on the playstation website was blown up with comments and questions. (over 1000 posts in 2 hours) It showed me how concerned they were about the demo edition. I wont waste the hard drive space at this point and may venture back to PS3 for GT 6 or get my racing fixes in another game. Yes its pretty but it seems its not functional and the devs couldn't bother with a press release or anything else until 5am est.

# 10 PrettyT11 @ 10/08/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
That's not the case at all in this instance. If you have PlayStation plus you can't even buy the full game on the PlayStation store if you want to. It actually tells you that you can't buy it if you have PlayStation plus. They have dropped the ball badly with this one.

# 11 SDwinder @ 10/08/14 03:26 PM
You can buy it, but you have to go to the PS+ version for $50.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the delay in the free version helps spur a few more sales of full version for those that cant wait. I was tempted but do not want to do digital any more, unless prices drop much more to offset being stuck with a bad game. No real benefit and you are stuck with game.

# 12 BigDaddyHolmes @ 10/08/14 03:35 PM
Iwas considering buying, but one delay to many made me buy nba 2k15 yesterday instead. So glad I did, love it

# 13 DickDalewood @ 10/08/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
That's not the case at all in this instance. If you have PlayStation plus you can't even buy the full game on the PlayStation store if you want to. It actually tells you that you can't buy it if you have PlayStation plus. They have dropped the ball badly with this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
You can buy it, but you have to go to the PS+ version for $50.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the delay in the free version helps spur a few more sales of full version for those that cant wait. I was tempted but do not want to do digital any more, unless prices drop much more to offset being stuck with a bad game. No real benefit and you are stuck with game.
SDwinder is correct. You can purchase the game, you just have to buy the PS+ version which is $49.99 vs. $59.99 for non-Plus users.

# 14 PrettyT11 @ 10/08/14 08:46 PM
The only version listed in the store is the full version. If you have PlayStation plus there isn't an option to buy it has a link that says tell me more. If you click on it then it will tell you that you can't buy the game cause you have PlayStation plus.

# 15 Bullit @ 10/08/14 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
The only version listed in the store is the full version. If you have PlayStation plus there isn't an option to buy it has a link that says tell me more. If you click on it then it will tell you that you can't buy the game cause you have PlayStation plus.
You can find it under the Plus free section next to Spelunky. That gives you link to the $49.99 version.

# 16 JMD @ 10/08/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottborasjr
For all intensive purposes even if you have the full game it is still just a demo as the main component of this game is supposed to be the online competition which has been nonfunctional since the beginning.
That's really not true. I have the full game and there is a ton of stuff to do without going online. You can create single events on any of the many tracks and race the A.I. And they give some very good competition. Or you can run them by yourself in time trial mode to learn them. There is also the Tour mode in which you try and earn all 225 stars 52 events. Even if the online was working I don't think I would have even got to it yet.

Also they did not delay the free version hoping people would by the full game. That's ridiclous. The delayed it because this game automatically connects to the servers. At this time the servers can't handle it for whatever reason, so they want to get it fixed before they release the free version so the servers are not even more overloaded. Makes sense to me.

# 17 24ct @ 10/11/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Of course that's part of it.
Granted the servers may suck.
It's probably 50 % bad servers 50 % more money in

# 18 Candyman5 @ 10/11/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That's really not true. I have the full game and there is a ton of stuff to do without going online. You can create single events on any of the many tracks and race the A.I. And they give some very good competition. Or you can run them by yourself in time trial mode to learn them. There is also the Tour mode in which you try and earn all 225 stars 52 events. Even if the online was working I don't think I would have even got to it yet.

Also they did not delay the free version hoping people would by the full game. That's ridiclous. The delayed it because this game automatically connects to the servers. At this time the servers can't handle it for whatever reason, so they want to get it fixed before they release the free version so the servers are not even more overloaded. Makes sense to me.
I would agree with you on this but if that is the case why havent they taken down the "purchasable" version then? Thats the thing that sounds fishy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.