Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 dizzY4111 @ 10/10/14 02:17 PM
First time on here and I'm sorry if this has been solved recently but it's driving me insane.

Since launch night (when it worked fine for me) I haven't been able to access MyTeam. It's not the servers anymore because everything else works great right now. It keeps asking me to pick a starter pack even though I started a team and played a game Monday night. When I pick a pack it tells me to go to the website and gives me an error code.

I got a corrupted MyPlayer message yesterday so I reverified my info on 2K's website and still nothing.

I know it must be something to do with my profile because MyTeam works fine when I use my brother's account.

PS4 btw. Any help it appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 122 RocketTMac1 @ 10/10/14 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Isn't this a problem with the VC currency. Isn't that the reason why all these modes of the game are connected to the servers?
Pretty much lol. Greed corrupts servers apparently

# 123 jeebs9 @ 10/10/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Pretty much lol. Greed corrupts servers apparently
Yea when your trying to track everything someone does by connecting to the server that barely working. Probably cause a lot of problems. Why wouldn't they do everything in packets or something like that?

# 124 infam0us @ 10/10/14 02:46 PM
I cant play anything at all because I keep getting "Certain features require a connection to Xbox Live. Please check your network cables and configuration."

I've checked everything, and tried different games and it's not a problem on my end. I even re-installed the game and during the Heat-Spurs demo I would get that error and it would kick me out...Gonna see if I can get my money back.

# 125 Heroesandvillains @ 10/10/14 04:06 PM
I'm so confused about what's going on here. I could have swore I read an interview before launch that in the event of the network being down, online saves could be used in offline mode - meaning no one wouldn't be able to least play the game.

Obviously, this refers to MyGM/MyLeague/MyCareer only.

Could someone give me a breakdown about what the exact issue is here? Can these "online" saves not be accessed in offline mode when the network fails? If so, that's just like last year which means nothing's changed - which I thought it had.

# 126 tb24ster @ 10/10/14 04:37 PM
C'mon 2K "No head bands or eye wear for created players or existing players to add or take off! What happened to true customization ? Huh!

# 127 Kodii Rockets @ 10/10/14 04:46 PM
Anyone think we'll see any of those clever quips from Ronnie, or gifs from LD2K in this thread or nah?

Funny how that works, but I digress...

Love the offline game so far, but this online debacle is a bit more than a wart on the game at this point.

# 128 Furq @ 10/10/14 06:22 PM
Sorry if addressed but on play station is nba today working for anyone? Shows me the games from a few days ago and not updating

# 129 TheLetterZ @ 10/10/14 06:37 PM
It's really awful. Two times in a row now I played a MyTEAM Domination game, won, got the MyTEAM Points, but didn't get the packs or advance. Still stuck on the Bucks.

Terrible.

# 130 MrBigShot1 @ 10/10/14 07:45 PM
This is really disappointing to hear. I skipped on out 2k this year because I didn't feel like the improvements from last November to this October would be enough for me relative to the jump from last gen to next gen, but was hoping that the servers would be better because they did say the devs spent a large part of the development cycle addressing the network issues. If this is indicative of the future, I won't be picking up 2k16.

If they are going to continue to tie single player features like MyTeam (some parts are single player) and MyCareer so that we can't play offline more or less, while not having reliable servers...I'll be disappointed.

# 131 XenoZograscope @ 10/10/14 08:14 PM
I still haven't been able to play a single game in MyPark yet.

# 132 Brickz187 @ 10/10/14 08:53 PM
What I don't understand is Madden releases every year without a single online hiccup. I bought madden 15 this year and on release day was able to play online, ultimate team, and online leagues. 2k on the other hand, god forbid I play anything, but offline. I haven't enjoyed what I know is an amazing game because I been stuck playing the dumb CPU in random pick up games. Hopefully everything will be fixed for good.

# 133 SPRINGS03 @ 10/11/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Of course we won't. All talk and hype but when their product fails (which it always does as it's just the way software works) they literally disappear. It's absolutely shameful.

However it's our fault as consumers. We enable it by purchasing their product every single year despite knowing their track record and the overall likelihood of their current promises coming to fruition.
That's very true. It may sound harsh, but it's true. I still remember all the people complaining about nba 2k14 who turned around and got hyped and started talking about preordering nba 2k15. If you're unsatisfied with a product, it's stupid to turn around and impulse buy it and support the same company again. But this is what most people do. You gotta speak with your wallet.

# 134 DaImmaculateONe @ 10/12/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
That's very true. It may sound harsh, but it's true. I still remember all the people complaining about nba 2k14 who turned around and got hyped and started talking about preordering nba 2k15. If you're unsatisfied with a product, it's stupid to turn around and impulse buy it and support the same company again. But this is what most people do. You gotta speak with your wallet.
that why i dont buy 2k till it goes on sale during black friday. hopefully by then the online component will be 60% effective. Since 2k9, this game has never worked day one out box online. Its seems most problems dont get solved til around xmas when the nba season begins to pick up.

# 135 maltliquor23 @ 10/13/14 02:47 PM
I am starting to think that 2k and comcast have the same IT personnel.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.