Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

While trying to play NBA 2K15 over the past two days, I've seen that error message more than I've seen my created point guard on the court.

I've shot about 30 different face scans, not because of a poorly-lit apartment, or because of any perfectionist compulsions, but because NBA 2K15 has a terrible habit of deleting your My Player profile if a store transaction fails or the game's servers go down.

And since Tuesday, Visual Concepts' network -- despite having the company's "top engineers" working on it -- has been down more than it's been up.

You won't lose any of your player's upgrades or his career progress when you encounter those errors, but you will have to re-enter all of his information again, including his face scan.

Aside from being repeatedly bugged to "fill the window with your face," or "check your internet connection and try again," here is what stands out from playing My Career in NBA 2K15...

Read More - NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sc050610 @ 10/09/14 03:27 PM
Everything you mentioned above has happened to me. Yesterday when I logged in after spending about two hours trying to scan my face on launch day (with no luck), it lost everything; so after another two hours of trying to scan my face which included multiple system freezes and game freezes I got a pretty decent one and decided to run with it. The first one my career I started, I deleted it as I was not even earning VC, I was earning points somehow it started as a offline mycareer mode.

Everything was fine playing wise last night, the store did not work at all as all i got was error codes each time I tried to login to it. Hopefully it will all work fine tonight.

# 2 champ1997 @ 10/09/14 03:29 PM
This Could be A great Mode If they ever get the servers fixed

# 3 sticks323 @ 10/09/14 03:46 PM
Everything you said was spot on. The coach meetings is terrible and the Cpu is amazing. They make every layup after grabbing the offensive rebound and your teammates miss everything. It can be frustrating. And I don't know why our players are always terrible. We should be decent players when we start, not at the bottom.

# 4 tms202 @ 10/09/14 03:53 PM
I swear it seems playing a big man is the only way to play this mode at the moment. Setting screens seems to be the key to get your team's offense going and don't even think about anybody trying to defend the rim if you're not doing it. But there is no answer to the superhuman abilities of the CPU. Its ridiculous how many shots they make.

# 5 rudeworld @ 10/09/14 03:54 PM
Love the game but thats not saying too much because I love pretty much all 2k ballers. After saying all that I almost stop playing 2 days after buying due too problems installing and when my hard work creating myself gets deleted not more then once.... Or twice or three times it becomes frustrating.... Anyway, i haven't had any problems today so lets hope we can play ball.

# 6 Semipro91 @ 10/09/14 03:56 PM
Incompetent teammates

NBA 2K15's teammate AI still struggles to support users who want to play as a pass-first guard or run set plays instead of freelancing. On offense, your teammates will often hold onto the ball, drive into traffic, or pass right back to you instead of taking wide open shots. The few field goals they do attempt usually end up being bricks, regardless of how open or how close to the rim they are.

Defensively, your big men do not defend the paint well, allowing too many backdoor cuts and easy entry passes. Despite having John Henson and Larry Sanders in the front-court, my created 5'11" 155 lb. point guard was the only player on my Milwaukee Bucks team who was boxing out, diving after loose balls, jumping to grab rebounds, and trying to swat interior shots."

I disagree with this part. I am a pass first PG, I'm averaging 7 assists off the bench. I don't call plays either, I just play free lance. If you go to the top of the three point line and wait 4-5 seconds you will see your teammates move around and make cuts. Calling screens and driving and dishing has never been more fluid with the way teammates are cutting.

# 7 Finepanther @ 10/09/14 04:04 PM
Teammate AI is the biggest disappointment for me. It feels exactly the same as 14. I don't understand how the computer AI can run intuitive plays and operate from complex sets effectively but your teammates can't figure out how to shoot an open jump shot when he has one. How can you ever feel apart of a "team" if they aren't even capable of performing basic basketball functions? No wonder all of my careers turn into hero ball...

# 8 RipCityAndy @ 10/09/14 05:01 PM
Does anyone else thing the cut scenes are really REALLY awkward?

I had a team meeting with the coach and he was lip-smackingly showing film for attacking the basket. At the end of the meeting he says, "let's get out there and do it." The room is silent (no chatter or anything) for a few seconds then my character goes, "you got it coach." More silence. It was very very awkward.

It's like they didn't polish any of the cut scenes. I had another jarring encounter with Brandon Jennings. At the end of his speech he stood there with his mouth wide open. Picture a baby bird waiting to be fed... that's what he looked like while he was waiting for my response. It's just poorly implemented in my opinion. I wish I could skip them all.

# 9 RipCityAndy @ 10/09/14 05:05 PM
On a positive note - has anyone played the companion app? I think I have enjoyed playing around with mobile MyTeam more than the actual game...

# 10 sheehy83 @ 10/09/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Bad Team AI and awesome CPU players may push me away from buying this game as MYPLAYER is the only mode I would play. thanks for the input
BOOM! My teammates cant make an open layup but the other team can score at will, ridiculous shots as well. Guess it's to do with team chemistry but other team just don't miss and always winning by more than 10 when i get subbed in. Playing on all star? The one higher than pro.

# 11 Bornindamecca @ 10/09/14 05:12 PM
The sliders for this mode must be crazy. Freelance offense is not being implemented. Ratings are irrelevant since the CPU can grab any rebound and make any contested shot at will. I actually find my individual role rather easy, but on the defensive side it looks like my teammates are all throwing the game. When they do play defense, it goes in anyway

Please make this mode play like the rest of the game.

Also servers. You owe me 2200 VC, 2k.

# 12 LakersForLife @ 10/09/14 05:13 PM
Forgot the stage not rewarding VC for winning

# 13 Atax1s @ 10/09/14 05:20 PM
Some of the mentor players really are atrocious. I feel like I'm back in grade school stuck listening to that one kid in class that couldn't read to save his life. Cousins is by far the worst.

# 14 sheenrock @ 10/09/14 05:33 PM
you can only play mycareer with an Playstation Plus account?

# 15 Gramps91 @ 10/09/14 07:09 PM
You SHOULD NOT have to connect to the internet to play this mode anyway. It's ridiculous.

# 16 TheCitizen @ 10/09/14 09:19 PM
I've had server problems, obviously, but the game is really not bad. I'm a 6'6 PG 77 overall and I'm on my second season. Setting screens aren't a problem if you set them at the right places. The one thing I do find irritating though are the excessive illegal screen calls. Other then that the game is very solid all-around. I really wish they didn't include the "2KTV" show. Instead of adding that to the game maybe polishing up some of the features would've benefited the game more.

# 17 Taer @ 10/09/14 09:26 PM
I have 2 MyCareer files (pg and sf) going and I have not experienced any brain-dead teammates or superhuman opponents. Except for James Harden. That guy was a beast against my Mavericks.

Injuries are very realistic this year -very brutal at times.

# 18 Retropyro @ 10/09/14 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1997
This Could be A great Mode If they ever get the servers fixed
Or if they made it offline. MyCareer = Offline and MyPlayer = Online. No worries about VC cheats and such.

# 19 JayAtkHar @ 10/10/14 08:14 AM
They had a year to work on servers and they loafted. Lol c'mon 2k your games don't suck it's THE SERVERS

# 20 juslovemusic @ 10/10/14 08:31 AM
I found a solution to all of these problems (pretty much the same method I use every year). I have one separate MC save that is offline, and one that is online. With the online one, I play far enough to make the player decent (or buy the vc if you're impatient or don't have the time).

For the separate offline save, I can set the sliders in the games main menu before I start MC dropping cpu scoring by 1 across the board, raising my teams outside shooting tendencies by 2 for mid and three point so they actually take open looks (looking at you Kyle Korver) and give mod skill points (not vc cause it's offline nor should you or can you mod vc), so that my overall in the mid to low 70's usually. Now that my teammates shoot more, I don't even get enough looks when starting to score 35+ points like we could last year on superstar/sim or HOF. Now I'm putting up 20-30 while starting and I have to ball hog on some level to do it.

I'm using "cheat" engine and a table for 2k15 created by a user on another forum that I'm not sure about being able to link to accomplish these things (google "my career 2k15 sliders") . When I want to play online, I switch to the online save with normal sliders, otherwise I just play my offline save with custom sliders.

I never have to worry about servers being down or being flamed/banned for cheating in order to experience the game the way it should be (in my opinion). The minor slider adjustments make my teammates take the shots they should and busters like Xavier Henry not be able to put up 20-25 with jumpshots and circus layups on superstar/sim. Obviously, you need the PC version to do this, and I would seriously recommend you not attempt these things with an online save cause that would be unscrupulous at best and probably get you banned from servers (not that they've really been working anyway).

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.