Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has detailed its modes in NBA Live 15 today, with the most surprising news item of the release the omission of Ultimate Team from the initial list, although it appears it will be given its own release at a later date. Otherwise, the modes list is pretty standard fare. Here are some highlights:

HEAD-TO-HEAD SEASONS
This mode is built around Head-to-Head gameplay and bragging rights. Work to advance from League 1 to League 10, playing games against rivals and friends along the way. Rack up wins to level up and compete with the big boys. Dominate here, and you will be in a league of your own.

JORDAN RISING STAR
Create your dream NBA player and rise through the ranks from hot rookie to legendary status in JORDAN Rising Star.

Jump into the JORDAN Rising Star game to prove your skills and improve draft stock. After reaching the NBA, players must do whatever it takes to prove they belong on their way to legendary status.

NEW IN-GAME PERFORMANCE GRADING SYSTEM
Players from all 13 play styles have their own evaluation and scoring system. NBA LIVE 15 includes more than 85 gradable on-court actions, up from just 22 in NBA LIVE 14.

adidas LEARN LIVE
Get familiar with the controls and movement in NBA LIVE 15 with the brand new adidas Learn LIVE gym.

DYNASTY
There’s no better feeling than building a team from the ground up dominating the league. In addition to the on-court action, you can also trade, set goals and manage your squad exactly how you want over a 30-year term.

NEW PLAY-BY-PLAY SIMULATION
Jump in at any point during the simulation while observing live stats and shot charts. Real-time prompts will appear, allowing players to hop back into the game at the game’s critical moment.

You can see more features and more details on the features above on EA Sports' website dedicated to NBA Live 15.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nick_sr @ 10/11/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
The modes sound real nice! I remember Fernando creating a thread about Dynasty and taking suggestions from Os members. I wonder what did they add from the suggestions? That could be a definite positive if Dynasty mode is decent.
Well they fixed the schedule and added back the play by play simulation. I also remember ppl asking for better trade logic. Guess we gotta play the game to see if any other minor things were added that they failed to mention.

# 42 swiftychampleone @ 10/11/14 02:20 PM
Do I have control of all 30 teams in Dynasty Mode? I want to edit and make trades for other teams. This is a huge selling point for me.

# 43 I Djm @ 10/11/14 03:51 PM
I like what i read about rising star its not forcing you into stardom i just wish they'd do away with the one game and you'd get drafted. In the preview it said if you go number one you're getting traded

# 44 Cowboys2410 @ 10/11/14 04:19 PM
I'm actually pretty excited about Live this year. 2K is still the king, at least right now, but Live has definitely interested me enough to make me hold off on buying a basketball game until after it releases to get a good side-by-side comparison of Live and 2K.

# 45 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/11/14 04:24 PM
awww man, I almost filled up the drool bucket with this thread! #ImReady. actually I was #BornReady! its starting to get really real. I Love the triangle positions on the Knicks vs hornets screenshot. that actually looks somewhat similar to the basic triangle set. idk know about the offside though. its a start though. the guy under the basket looks out of place.

love the hot spot challenge.
love the training session, I'm gonna try to beat every single drill.
I'm in. sold.

# 46 GisherJohn24 @ 10/11/14 06:22 PM
So Jordan is allowed to be in both games? Thought he was exclusive. Good to hear tho

# 47 nick_sr @ 10/11/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
So Jordan is allowed to be in both games? Thought he was exclusive. Good to hear tho
Just the Jordan brand, not mj himself. Maybe they are still in talksto add mj n tthat'swhy they ddidn't mention lut. Has to be something big going on with out.

Kinda disappointed they didn't bring back the fantasy teams from live 10.

# 48 cmehustle @ 10/11/14 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys2410
I'm actually pretty excited about Live this year. 2K is still the king, at least right now, but Live has definitely interested me enough to make me hold off on buying a basketball game until after it releases to get a good side-by-side comparison of Live and 2K.
I wouldnt get excited about a live game until they actually make a decent bball game. That being said, I do agree with you. Im interested into what they have planned and how they implement this years game. I would love to see some of the on court action. They really have an uphill battle. The competition is superb this year, but it would be nice if EA could put out a decent game for once.

# 49 sroz39 @ 10/12/14 12:43 PM
As someone who still pops in Live 10 from time to time, this was all great news. I'm actually happy it got delayed because it clearly allowed them time to polish their game a bit and the staggered basketball releases means this is now a day one buy for me, where it wouldn't have been. I'm not expecting greatness but hoping for above average in enough parts of the game that I enjoy. Sounds like it will be. Nice to have you back, Live

# 50 nick_sr @ 10/12/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
As someone who still pops in Live 10 from time to time, this was all great news. I'm actually happy it got delayed because it clearly allowed them time to polish their game a bit and the staggered basketball releases means this is now a day one buy for me, where it wouldn't have been. I'm not expecting greatness but hoping for above average in enough parts of the game that I enjoy. Sounds like it will be. Nice to have you back, Live
Nobody should expect greatness. But you know the other side is salivating to rip live 15 apart. I'll be happy with major improvements going into live 16

# 51 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/12/14 01:41 PM
You sure love bringing up the "other side" quite often I've noticed, lol.

# 52 nick_sr @ 10/12/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You sure love bringing up the "other side" quite often I've noticed, lol.
Thought u couldn't say the name in the live section and vice versa? Lol

# 53 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/12/14 01:57 PM
Man just say 2K Fans, you ain't gotta try to hide it anymore since we know who you're talking about lmao

# 54 DBMcGee3 @ 10/13/14 09:28 AM
Is it safe to assume they're shafting us on a demo at this point? I fully expected there to be one out tomorrow, but no news is generally bad news with things like this. I'm enjoying 2k a great deal, gameplay-wise at least, but I'm still intrigued by what I've seen from Live.

C'mon EA, you have to give a little to get a little.

# 55 Jakeness23 @ 10/13/14 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
I personally like that when you get drafted it doesn't change the order. I like having rosters as real as possible, I thought most people would enjoy that.
It just doesn't make sense for 2 people to fill the same draft spot. It's a fantasy mode so what about a compromise... they could give us the option to have the rosters resemble reality, just with your player added in, or after you get drafted the draft could differ from reality.

# 56 KingTocco @ 10/13/14 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
It just doesn't make sense for 2 people to fill the same draft spot. It's a fantasy mode so what about a compromise... they could give us the option to have the rosters resemble reality, just with your player added in, or after you get drafted the draft could differ from reality.

Fair enough that's solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 57 seanhazz1 @ 10/13/14 12:21 PM
Totally agree!! If the Live 15 team had included a CFM like in their other sports titles( I expect it to be added at some point) They would have squashed 2k like a bug, only because their (2k) online modes have been very broken the in recent releases.

I hope the Live 15 gameplay matches the other improvements, and I hope "Synergy" is actually a daily update this year.

That soon to be side by side comparison will be the most hotly contested debate between these two (2k15 and Live 15) basketball games ever!

# 58 KingTocco @ 10/13/14 12:32 PM
I disagree completely, I hate CFM and think it's the worst thing ever. CFM seems to catch a lot of hate on the madden boards too...if it was just for online players that's fine but I don't want a connected franchise mode. I just want regular dynasty/franchise

# 59 Jakeness23 @ 10/13/14 03:33 PM
Yeah I really hope Live lives up to what they said last year with the daily updates within an hour of a game ending. It's crazy to put it out there, but if you made a promise like that, you need to keep your word. If they can continue tweaking/updating the art throughout the season that would be pretty big too.

# 60 King_B_Mack @ 10/13/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
I have no idea who introduced this childish notion that 2K has to called "the other game" and should not be be brought up on this board. 2K and Live are the only 2 basketball franchises out there. You can't bring up one without the other.

How do we know if something is good or bad, if we have nothing to compare it to? As long as people have an appropriate and respectable discussion about both franchises, it shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing childish is the fact that we have to jump on people about bringing up 2K in this forum because nobody is interested in making honest, legit, productive comparisons of the two games, but typically bringing up 2K as some kind of excuse for why Live isn't doing something that it should be doing. You can most certainly bring up one without the other. It's silly to say otherwise.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.