Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15
's presentation package remains the best to be found in sports gaming, and it's not even close.

Let's start with pre-game and work our way forward. After all, if there is a game that accurately captures the ability to not only immerse viewers in its presentation, but to create a structured narrative from the start of a telecast to the end of one, its the NBA 2K series. At it's very best, the game is a work of art. At its worst, it still makes a really impressive effort.

Read More - NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Matsmashed @ 10/11/14 02:10 PM
I still get the feeling items such as last seasons stats and graphs etc aren't working. They reference things from last season during breaks in play, yet we see nothing on screen. It also takes ages to inbound the ball, making me believe a image was supposed to be on screen.

# 2 rudeworld @ 10/11/14 02:23 PM
Every game feels like a new game.... Sure they repeat lines but not as often as last year where it wasn't too much either. The game has its flaws like the bad servers, which seema to be fixed now. But the presentation is top notch. Shaq and Ernie are excellent and should be there for half-time and post game next year.... With friends to push the presentation to another stratosphere. Playing and wat hing the game make me think why hasn't other sports videogames come close to the presentation of this beautifully presentented game(look at you EA/Madden). The presentation keeps me playing this game.

# 3 rudeworld @ 10/11/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsmashed
I still get the feeling items such as last seasons stats and graphs etc aren't working. They reference things from last season during breaks in play, yet we see nothing on screen. It also takes ages to inbound the ball, making me believe a image was supposed to be on screen.
Lol... I saw my postioning in the eastern conference today, for the first time (myplayer mode).

# 4 KennyJ1976 @ 10/11/14 02:51 PM
My only complaint about the commentary is why is Steve Kerr still a part of the team? I didn't know you could coach and commentate at the same time. Maybe it was too late to hire a replacement or they just didn't want to start over once Kerr got hired as a coach. Just a small complaint though. They still do a pretty good job, even though I still wish they would add Harlan's catchphrases.

# 5 Dazraz @ 10/11/14 02:54 PM
I just picked up the game & went straight into the excellent My League mode. Played Spurs v Mavericks on the opening day. Stunned that the Championship presentation was carried out Pregame...Attention to detail!!!

From a simulation perspective MLB the Show does a great job & FIFA is getting there but as stated no game comes close to NBA 2K15 in immersing the gamer.

# 6 zrtelford @ 10/11/14 03:10 PM
I would agree with this and will onnce the stat overlays are not glitched...It really breaks the immersion for me. having the ref hold the ball for 15 seconds while kellog speaks of a stat that is obviously supposed to be showing up really sucks. but that will be fixed. and THen I will agree. the player introductions, pregame, and national anthem scenes are really cool.

# 7 BMDinTDOT @ 10/11/14 03:31 PM
Obviously the author has never played NHL 15 on Next Gen

# 8 ghosti98 @ 10/11/14 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I just picked up the game & went straight into the excellent My League mode. Played Spurs v Mavericks on the opening day. Stunned that the Championship presentation was carried out Pregame...Attention to detail!!!

From a simulation perspective MLB the Show does a great job & FIFA is getting there but as stated no game comes close to NBA 2K15 in immersing the gamer.
Championship presentation before first game has been in 2k for a while dude...

# 9 rudeworld @ 10/11/14 05:52 PM
One of my favorite parts of the game is when a big play happens (offensively at home)... How the camera pans out to show the crowds jubilation its exactly what a television broadcast would do.

# 10 extremeskins04 @ 10/11/14 07:19 PM
Yea I disagree. I think the presentation took a huge step backward this year. A pathetic Halftime Show, absolutely NO post-game show and the stat banners don't even show up when the commentators talk about it. We just get awkward jumps to the crowd where ..there's....nothing.

It's extremely bad this year.

# 11 WarlordZMaster @ 10/11/14 08:14 PM
No it is not. It is not as good as Madden 15, the Pregame show is a joke (garbage), no Halftime show just some flat stats and twice we have to see a skinny unrealistic version of Doris Burke. They added intros, that was nice and cheerleaders with the ugliest mops of hair.

# 12 rudeworld @ 10/11/14 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I disagree. I think the presentation took a huge step backward this year. A pathetic Halftime Show, absolutely NO post-game show and the stat banners don't even show up when the commentators talk about it. We just get awkward jumps to the crowd where ..there's....nothing.

It's extremely bad this year.
I think the stats not showing is a glitch that can be patched... Like when the plays diagrams were not showing in 2k13. Also the half time show that was in before wasnt bad but to rwplace it with the terrific pregame with shaq and ernie, was a good move and will ptobably be better in 2k16.... I said this in a previous post where VC/2K added so much without really taking away anything but people are NOT satisfied. We asked for things like warm ups and intro they add that with national anthems. Play madden then play this... Play a beautiful game like nhl or fifa then play 2k15 and tell me what those games are missing. I'll tell you, EXCELLENT PRESENTATION!!!

# 13 STLRams @ 10/11/14 08:23 PM
Uh yeah I disagree with this article. The presenation took a step backwards this year. Lack of halftime highlight show, lack of various stats during gameplay about players and teams. NBA today halftime presentation not showing stats/ info from around the league and no highlight show. The presentation is ok, but I'm not honestly sure if its better than NHL15 or Madden 15. Usually 2K blows every other sports game presentation out of the water, this year is not the case.

# 14 CujoMatty @ 10/11/14 08:55 PM
I said it in another thread but ill reiterate it here. I love how varied the pre game is. I thought for sure it was gonna be just player intros every game but they mix it up nicely.
I honestly cant state enough how much I appreciate the effort 2k put in the game for the Raptors. They really are Canadas team and to have pre game with the Canadian anthem some times is fantastic. In game the commentary also touches on a lot of Canadian content. Its a big deal for Raptor fans hence we the north. I wasnt expecting it. MLB the show could stand to learn from this. for years when you win at home as the Blue jays on the jumbotron it shows a waving American flag.

# 15 jimbo22 @ 10/11/14 09:01 PM
No its not. the quality of the in game overlays are that of a first year student thats doing a computing course.

Although i've seen a few people not like it NHL's presentation is light years ahead of 2K's. The overlays have a feel that they are HD, they also have the live broadcast feel about them with the NBC broadcast.

NBA Live's presentation is better than 2K's.

Also, when teams wear certain uniforms they don't even wear tracksuits on the side lines.

# 16 rudeworld @ 10/11/14 09:02 PM
During GM/LEAGUE during halftime they have the goings on in the association, such as trades and free agent signings.... And scores.. Its there. Also madden is basically the same as last seasons...jim nantz and simms are robots with repeated lines. NHL15 is a lil better but still needs to watch out because 2k will lap them too as the already have ran laps around maddens lack luster presentation.

# 17 DonWuan @ 10/11/14 09:10 PM
I disagree. Presentation is nothing special and was skipping it the first day.

Ive switch to pc version and things are missing from consoles. Unless something has changed, no halftime highlights or 4th qt assist of the game highlight or player of the game.

# 18 ASUBoy93 @ 10/11/14 09:30 PM
The presentation this year is very underwhelming. The pre-game show is gimmicky and, IMO, very stupid - it's not even funny to me. I don't think the commentary crew is very good either.

I can live with or without the halftime show but don't put in a lame stats at the half screen.

Plus it doesn't even look like a broadcast that would exist today. Go play a game on NHL 15 for the PS4 or XB1 and honestly come back and tell me if 2k holds up after that.

# 19 ASUBoy93 @ 10/11/14 09:32 PM
"...but for a game that's so close to reaching presentation nirvana..."

Lol

# 20 MP.Trey @ 10/11/14 09:35 PM
I'm going to disagree with practically everyone here. I don't get this "still" thing. I thought last year's presentation was awful in comparison to this year. Huge improvement.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.