Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports posted a new article today which discusses how Synergy Sports' technology is going to contribute to the NBA Live 15 experience. In a related tweet, EA took a pot shot at NBA 2K15's server issues declaring that EA's "server stability ensures NBA Live 15 will be seamlessly updated all season long."

Of course, NBA Live 15 had some major issues itself with its online component last year.

Here's a look at how Synergy Sports Promises to work with NBA Live this year:

Quote:
"So how does Synergy Sports Technology work with NBA LIVE? Synergy Sports provides us a direct feed of player scouting DNA and Tendencies. We are then able to take this data and apply it to our game – which dynamically affects player tendencies in-game, as well as modes such as LIVE Seasons and Tonight’s Games.

This information also tells us things that don’t appear in the box score, such as shots off the dribble or if a player was being guarded - which all influence ratings. One of the goals we have for the future of NBA LIVE is to remove subjectivity from player ratings and performance – a true 1:1 representation of each and every player in the league."

Another feature talked about in the article are BIG Moments, which "are key plays or stretches of the game such as a player having a huge quarter or a thrilling game winning buzzer beater. You then can play through these quick scenarios with the exact stats, tendencies, and line-ups on a per minute basis."

It'll certainly be interesting to see how well the online components of NBA Live 15 play out, as EA obviously has a chance to do some cool things with the Synergy Sports technology.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/13/14 05:40 PM
Well it sounds good

# 2 oasis90 @ 10/13/14 05:48 PM
"Our server stability ensures that your game will be seamlessly updated – with adjustments being made to player ratings, tendencies and behavior. We are truly #LIVEallSeason long."

# 3 seemoe @ 10/13/14 05:49 PM
Nice, can't wait to see it in action. Looking forward to this game

# 4 m1ke_nyc @ 10/13/14 06:04 PM
They told us this last year. With that said, 2 weeks til launch and we still havent seen any meaningful gameplay.

# 5 The 24th Letter @ 10/13/14 06:46 PM
Will believe it when I see it...they don't HAVE to keep telling us they will update daily if that's not the case...they said this in 2010 and 2014 and it wasn't anywhere close to true...

I'm fine with just a consistent update...

# 6 Haval93 @ 10/13/14 07:14 PM
Uhh. I don't trust EA in server stability or daily updates at all. I hate hearing that this is their philosophy behind the game is too always give a user a connected experience, it's great in theory but was **** in practice for Live 14. Rosters weren't updated daily or even weekly for that matter. Live 10, mind you a game that came out in 2009, had better server stability and updates than a game released last year. How does that happened? More than anything wrong with Live 14 last year, Synergy Updates was one of the biggest aspects they failed on. I played a lot of Live 14 and enjoyed it, but man did I not see any differences to player tendencies throughout the year, zero, none. Teams didn't utilize their weapons correctly, which might have been because of game play faults but it was annoying see teams like OKC who didn't try to dominate using KD or Westbrook. I thought Synergy would finally make the game challenging, in a sense that you should worry that you are going against KD, Lebron, or any other star. ****, numerous games against the Knicks, Felton would be out shooting Melo by a lot even though I played tight defense on Felton, mind you this was on All-Star difficulty as well. I would rather them have a weekly goal to update rosters and play styles rather than throw out some hype words about the potential of their services or what their partners provided. Weekly updates and smooth online play should be the focus, not a promise of the future of roster updates.

# 7 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/13/14 07:39 PM
This SOUNDS good, but it also did last year and we seen how much of a dud that was.

I really hope they learned from that, especially for their sake.

# 8 Flightwhite24 @ 10/13/14 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Will believe it when I see it...they don't HAVE to keep telling us they will update daily if that's not the case...they said this in 2010 and 2014 and it wasn't anywhere close to true...

I'm fine with just a consistent update...

Thanks for this.

Sent from my iPhone

# 9 Playmakers @ 10/13/14 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
In theory this sounded good going into the previous two versions of Live that utilized the same Synergy technology.

The end results on both occasions was a game that simply didn't seem to grasp Synergy that well and make it carry over to the players on the floor...

I still believe they need someone in their gameplay dept to closely monitor if Synergy is truly IMPACTING player tendencies in this game throughout the year...

Makes you wonder once they release the game they move on to Next Year's version and don't bother to check and see if Synergy is truly doing everything they mentioned it's supposed to do in that article for the current version of the game.

But who knows maybe the 3rd time will be a charm and they finally hit the gold pot with this technology (Synergy).

# 10 Jakeness23 @ 10/13/14 11:03 PM
Question: will tendencies and ratings be updated throughout franchise mode?

# 11 MielVB @ 10/14/14 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Question: will tendencies and ratings be updated throughout franchise mode?
Probably not and that's also the biggest flaw of this whole Synergy thing.

Dynamic Season was a thing of beauty in Live 10

If Synergy is only for online games, BIG Moments and Tonight's Games (whatever that is), how does it truly matter? To me, it's only useful if it's implemented in some kind of season/franchise mode. I want to play a season with a team and merge MY stats and tendencies with the real world ones.

NOW, if Tonight's Games somehow influences standings and stats of the season, so you can have your own version of the playoffs etc, that's a gamechanger.

I honestly believe, for Synergy to have real impact, something like Dynamic Season needs to return. Still dumbstruck it isn't back, it was one of the coolest features in '10...

# 12 grodbetatted @ 10/14/14 04:50 AM
For those who don't know, Synergy does not update overall ratings and/or rosters. All it updates are player tendencies. Ratings and roster updates are manually updated, so for those who were saying it didn't work last year, you are mistaken. It updates tendencies daily, however roster updates weren't updates as fast as live 10

# 13 Walt Frazier @ 10/14/14 05:44 AM
Synergy is terrible for guys who like to play a season or franchise...

It basically means the AI is brain dead out of the box until syndergy kicks in. That can take a couple of months...and does NOT go into any existing season / franchise. You are stuck with the "out of the box AI".

This is purely something that suits guys who play exhibition games v the CPU.

# 14 MielVB @ 10/14/14 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier

It basically means the AI is brain dead out of the box until syndergy kicks in. That can take a couple of months...and does NOT go into any existing season / franchise. You are stuck with the "out of the box AI".

This. Make it useful and logical across all game modes.

# 15 tgiordano @ 10/14/14 06:32 AM
This is nothing new they have had this updated seasons with synergy for years. They are just rehashing this mode and calling it new. If u play dynasty mode this stuff does not really matter.

# 16 DBMcGee3 @ 10/14/14 09:03 AM
This sounds fantastic, but it seems like both games have been promising frequent updates like this for years, and never seem to deliver as well as they claim. That being said, if they can get this right it's a huge plus for the game. 2k's server reliability has already proven to be in shambles yet again this year, and honestly they have never been remotely good about roster updates. We'll see about these "big moments" being available to play so quickly after a game ends. I find that very, very hard to believe.

Still though, while I'm enjoying 2k from a gameplay perspective, it's good to see EA striving for a better experience in the online areas. Sure would be nice to play a demo though, or even see a few minutes of gameplay, considering the game drops in 2 weeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty skeptical regarding the lack of these things so far.

# 17 Mintsa @ 10/14/14 09:07 AM
Wasn't Live 14 suppose to update an hour after every game ?? I'm guessing that did not happen. How ofter did they actually update the rosters in Live 14 ?

# 18 Guapo516 @ 10/14/14 11:47 AM
This has been promised since live 10. I think the server stability is what will sell the game along with curiosity. I just kinda wish ea would show and not tell because they seem to be more tell and not show.

# 19 Jano @ 10/14/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier

Well that's one of the problems. The game should have great tendencies out the box due to Synergy.

It's not as if there is no Synergy data in the game when we first get it because there is. The issue has been the game hasn't implemented Synergy well in these last few years.

I remember the PG issue back in Live 10. And the "mindless dump it in the post" thing last year.

So I wouldn't say it WILL be useless because it should help create accurate plays types from the beginning. The question is will EA finally implement it well this year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 20 KG @ 10/14/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Well that's one of the problems. The game should have great tendencies out the box due to Synergy.

It's not as if there is no Synergy data in the game when we first get it because there is. The issue has been the game hasn't implemented Synergy well in these last few years.

I remember the PG issue back in Live 10. And the "mindless dump it in the post" thing last year.

So I wouldn't say it WILL be useless because it should help create accurate plays types from the beginning. The question is will EA finally implement it well this year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Correct if I'm wrong but, what Synergy data would be loaded into the game when it ships? The season starts on the 28th, the same day as Live is released so there is no real data to use unless they use last year's which wouldn't be accurate since players/coaches have changed since then. Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to understand this.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.