Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Last year, the promise of MyGM mode was met with a dash of ice-cold VC, which all but crippled the mode and made it completely unusable for fans more accustomed to traditional single player franchise management experiences.

If your memory is foggy, just remember you had to pay VC in order to change your lineup — it was truly a hot mess.

Fast forward one year, and not only has MyGM shed the shackles of virtual currency from its mode (mostly), it has also improved and delivered one of the most compelling single player franchise management experiences available in any sports game, text-simulation or otherwise.

The first thing you will notice about MyGM is that the menus are laid out in a much more logical manner — really NBA 2K15 as a whole took a galactic leap forward in that regards this year. Finding what you want is really simple once you figure out everything that there is, which is going to be a problem initially because theres…just…so….much.

Read More - NBA 2K15's MyGM Offers Robust Roster Management Options

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cmehustle @ 10/15/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
Quick question for those that have the game, is there the trade logic sliders and trade difficulty sliders like the ones available in myLeague in myGM?
Idk about that yet, as I just started my GM. Im loving this mode for much depth they took. You spend almost as much time dealing with player and management issues as you do playing the games. Im using the Nets and my owner says I need to get a first rounder this season before the trading deadline. I told him Ill try but I dont know. He also wants me to get rid of either Andre Kirilenko (who I like but if the owner wants him gone so be it) and or Bogdonovic (hell no!) 20 home wins are a must. Im starting not to like this guy lol

# 2 Bruce1975 @ 10/15/14 11:20 AM
Im trying to decide between this mode and MyLeague.

This mode seems great, but I would love to have the option to bloc CPU/CPU trades like in myLeague. Cant stand when I see redicoulous trades....

# 3 AirJordanFan93 @ 10/15/14 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1975
Im trying to decide between this mode and MyLeague.

This mode seems great, but I would love to have the option to bloc CPU/CPU trades like in myLeague. Cant stand when I see redicoulous trades....
You can always do both modes. Use MyLeague to have pretty much full control of the league then use MyGM to just manage the one team.

# 4 Mauer4MVP @ 10/15/14 11:42 AM
I need to do MyLeague just for the complete control. I love being able to decline a CPU trade if it doesn't make any sense (OKC trading for Kawhi Leonard or something like that).

# 5 Gramps91 @ 10/15/14 04:11 PM
Sounds cool, I'll have to check this mode out.

# 6 cmehustle @ 10/15/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
That doesn't sound like anything new, in 2K14 the owner will ask to trade for a first rounder and not the late round ones before the trade deadline, and if there is a player to get rid of, they mention it,

Mauer4MVP; you can veto trades CPU does with it self?
My fault. I didnt get that much burn in 2k14 with the VC thing and all. I didnt see an option to veto the CPU trades, I believe in my gm you can just control your one squad.

# 7 BBallcoach @ 10/15/14 06:12 PM
I believe it's 12 roster players and 3 reserves, Chris. just an FYI. Unless something has changed big time in the NBA.

# 8 dwayne12345 @ 10/15/14 06:23 PM
Quote:
Quick question for those that have the game, is there the trade logic sliders and trade difficulty sliders like the ones available in myLeague in myGM?
They don't have the trade frequency slider and approve cpu trade options in MyGM mode.

# 9 dwayne12345 @ 10/15/14 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I believe it's 12 roster players and 3 reserves, Chris. just an FYI. Unless something has changed big time in the NBA.
Last year the rule was changed. 13 players are active now and 2 reserves.

# 10 huskerfan4life @ 10/15/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I need to do MyLeague just for the complete control. I love being able to decline a CPU trade if it doesn't make any sense (OKC trading for Kawhi Leonard or something like that).
so I am new to the 2k series and whe i start up my franchise I have to do my league to play & coach, then I need the mygm to do the gm parts do these link together in the games

# 11 Tybudd @ 10/15/14 10:47 PM
They have the Trade Logic Sliders in MyLeague, but for some reason even if I put the slider all the way to the right, there are trades that I can't pull off. I would think that all the way to the right means anything goes, as long as the player count and money was right.

# 12 aaron777 @ 10/16/14 01:50 AM
I really wish all sports games went into this much detail with the gm mode . The only thing missing is being able to move your franchise but even so this is a great mode

# 13 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 10/16/14 08:25 AM
Has anybody else noticed that if you set your gameplan up so that you have certain matchups when you face certain teams, it doesn't carry over when you actually play the game so that you have to set all of your defensive settings again? It's pretty frustrating.

# 14 Bealdor @ 10/16/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Has anybody else noticed that if you set your gameplan up so that you have certain matchups when you face certain teams, it doesn't carry over when you actually play the game so that you have to set all of your defensive settings again? It's pretty frustrating.
Yes, I'm playing on PC and I got this too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.