Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

If you are a gamer who simply doesn't have a ton of time to devote to gaming, be it fatherhood or a busy job, NBA 2K15 has an answer for you. Many gamers still want the thrill of managing a team through an 82 game season and playing some of the more crucial moments along the way, which is an underrated way to play sports games with long seasons.

Enter Simcast.

You can manage strategies during the simulation, you need only pause, and you can jump into a game whenever you feel like it. If you want to seal the deal on a big win or attempt a big comeback you can. If you feel the strategy you are employing is working, you can simply sit back and let the game finish simming in less than a minute.

Let's put it this way, I'm 44 games into my serious MyGM mode doing SimCast and I've never once felt too out of control of what happens. I'm still setting team strategy and lineups on gameday, and I'm still able to jump in and affect the results of games personally without needing to spend 30-60 minutes to get the result.

While other companies still struggle to offer such things as 'Super-Sim', 2K Sports has managed to blow past all expectations and make a text-sim, traditional AAA title hybrid even still. This form of simming and jumping in has been around awhile, but the depth of setting strategies and more to affect the simulation has only gotten better.

Simply put, if you are someone who has a time budget for gaming -- it's incredibly possible to go through an 82 game schedule and feel like you were a part of it and still find time to play a second and third season before 2K16 launches. NBA 2K15's SimCast is perhaps its most underrated and most under appreciated feature.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 the_future420 @ 10/15/14 11:15 AM
Great post. I haven't had a chance to dive into MyGM/League yet, but I was very excited when I heard that 2k15 had this feature. Its so useful for getting through multiple seasons, which is precisely why we want to play these franchise modes in the first place. Definitely think this is an underrated feature.

# 2 Vni @ 10/15/14 11:19 AM
The depth of NBA2K15 is amazing. If you're an offline player, 2K really blew your expectations away with this game. And all theses things weren't even advertised that much. I have been playing for almost 10 days and I have only tryed like 25% of the whole game.

When you see the other games wich have been developped for years and you realise that you will need to buy 2 or 3 DLC to get the full experience, you realise how deep out of the box Nba 2K is.

# 3 LingeringRegime @ 10/15/14 11:24 AM
Has this replaced coach mode? Just wondering because I am having trouble finding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 jeremym480 @ 10/15/14 11:28 AM
The SimCast feature has been the #1 item on my wishlist for years. I'm so glad that it's in 2K15. I'm a guy who likes to play multiple seasons so this is right up my alley. In the past I've always played every team once during the regular season and simmed the rest. Now I have an opportunity to have a hand in many, many more games.... and hopefully get through a lot more seasons as well. It will certainly help with getting through those 7 games series' in the playoffs too.

The only thing that I would change about it is I would like for it to be available during games as well. That way if I start a game and it becomes a blowout, I can sim to the end. Well, actually you can do that now... However, if the other team starts coming back I would like to intervene accordingly.

# 5 AirJordanFan93 @ 10/15/14 11:34 AM
Something I will be using a lot in MyLeague and MyGM for sure.

# 6 TheCitizen @ 10/15/14 11:36 AM
Do you still gain VC in gamecast?

# 7 threattonature @ 10/15/14 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The SimCast feature has been the #1 item on my wishlist for years. I'm so glad that it's in 2K15. I'm a guy who likes to play multiple seasons so this is right up my alley. In the past I've always played every team once during the regular season and simmed the rest. Now I have an opportunity to have a hand in many, many more games.... and hopefully get through a lot more seasons as well. It will certainly help with getting through those 7 games series' in the playoffs too.

The only thing that I would change about it is I would like for it to be available during games as well. That way if I start a game and it becomes a blowout, I can sim to the end. Well, actually you can do that now... However, if the other team starts coming back I would like to intervene accordingly.
That is my only complaint as well. I love the feature but just wish there was a way to trigger simcast after we have already started a game up.

# 8 mrmaupie @ 10/15/14 11:57 AM
I would like to know about earning vc as well.

# 9 rudeworld @ 10/15/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
I would like to know about earning vc as well.
It doesn't seem to if so very little. As far as starting simcast after we start playing that would be a great move... To be able to jump in and out of play and simcast.

# 10 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/15/14 12:11 PM
Time to start my MyGM today!

# 11 BluFu @ 10/15/14 12:23 PM
anyone find the CPU uses too many timeouts during the sim?

# 12 RaychelSnr @ 10/15/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
anyone find the CPU uses too many timeouts during the sim?
Yeah that's a problem. I'm sure it can be patched, hopefully at least. There are times I'll jump in with 2 minutes left with no timeouts and my b-team guys in. Not sure how that happens. Still some imperfections for sure...but I'll take it over anything else you can find out there in a AAA console sports game.

# 13 emelki1968 @ 10/15/14 12:43 PM
Totally agree with this. It has changed completely my point of view of MyGM, a mode I liked last year but that I drop just because I couldn't play that much. Now, I am 20 games in my season, and I played 6 or 7 complete games. Wonderful feature.

# 14 RipCityAndy @ 10/15/14 02:59 PM
I think ultimately the problem with this feature will be VC integration. The way I see it 2k can do the following things:

1) Give VC if you play any portion of the game (even if very small).
2) Give no VC unless you play the whole game.
3) Give VC if you play a select amount of the game (perhaps one half or one quarter).

Each of these has bad game play implications.

1) If VC is awarded regardless of the amount played (more than 0 minutes) gamers will farm VC this way and it will cascade into ruining balance in MyCareer/MyPark.
2) If VC is not awarded unless the entire game is played, players that rely on simcast to enjoy MyGM cannot advance in the RPG game mode.
3) if VC is not awarded unless a select amount of the game is played it really defeats most of the upside to simcast.

My answer: eliminate VC altogether in MyGM. Create a separate currency (GMC?). Allow GMC to be earned even if the whole game is simcast. Done.

# 15 canucksss @ 10/15/14 03:02 PM
I started recently myGM and I LOVE IT. WHy? just as you stated, I dont have time to play both myCareer and myGM and playing all the games involved plus other games that I have.

So in myGM, i just play the management side of the GM like - pricing, scouting, training, even POE and lineups and their minutes. Of course the trading as well. I use this feature SIMcast and i really like it. At one point, my team (Timberwolves) were behind 10 pts at the end of 1st half, I adjusted the POE and we won by 3 in OT. (ok...im playing as a coach too...with this feature).

Great write up. Great addition 2k!

# 16 Anaxamander @ 10/15/14 03:02 PM
Wait, they finally let you jump into a simcast game? I've been wanting this feature since, what, 2K5? I might have to pick this up after all...

Edit: Actually, it used to be called HoopCast, I think. I always wondered why you couldn't jump into a game, since you could in NFL 2K5, which had a very similar feature. Glad it's finally in!

# 17 canucksss @ 10/15/14 03:04 PM
By the way....using this SIMcast, you could still earn badges if you win the game. I dont know about VC, thats a good question...I'll try to check with my next win.

# 18 WaddupCouzin @ 10/15/14 03:50 PM
I only jumped into myleague, but I'm going to try this feature out, thanks for the write-up!

# 19 Gramps91 @ 10/15/14 04:06 PM
I do like SimCast. I don't use it a lot but I agree it is a great feature.

# 20 BBallcoach @ 10/15/14 04:23 PM
I am waiting on rosters to be finalized, but SimCast has me excited. I sim a bunch of games, but I want control and the ability to jump in. I remember MVP Baseball 2005, where you could sim and jump in at anytime and that was the best franchise mode I have ever played. It's fun getting 5+ seasons into the future. Now let's hope I can find a decent draft class for the next two years.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.