Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has posted another NBA Live 15 video today showing off the defensive improvements in the game. They also posted some additional details a new blog. It doesn't appear as though many changes were made at all to the defensive adjustments at first glance, I'd have to pull up NBA Live 14 to be sure, but the video does show improvement.

UPDATE: All of the defensive adjustments are the same as NBA Live 14, I just pulled it up to be sure. With that said, you can see some improvements from the defense in the video, just wished they would have showed some real 5 on 5 gameplay.

If you missed the offensive improvements video, you can view it here.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/17/14 04:10 PM
Yeah vid isn't working.

# 2 oneHova @ 10/17/14 04:29 PM
Other than not having the video available. There's a lot of in depth defensive settings and strategy's. Who knows this could make up for sliders on the defensive side of the ball too?!

# 3 bigeastbumrush @ 10/17/14 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneHova
Other than not having the video available. There's a lot of in depth defensive settings and strategy's. Who knows this could make up for sliders on the defensive side of the ball too?!
If they nailed it correctly, theoretically it could.

Individual defensive assignments could potentially mask "overall" defensive sliders in the sense that they're specific and not global.

Would love to see something added related to individual Faceguarding, Boxing Out on a Field Goal Attempt, Release on a Field Goal Attempt, etc.

That could possibly help in areas like defensive rebounding as opposed to leaving it up to a slider to correct.

# 4 SageInfinite @ 10/17/14 04:50 PM
Defense sounds awesome this year!

# 5 nick_sr @ 10/17/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneHova
Weren't these the same as las year? On my phone Samsung and can't zoom in.

# 6 Steve_OS @ 10/17/14 04:55 PM
Updated OP w/ video.

# 7 oneHova @ 10/17/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Well I honestly didn't get into last years Live. But the keyword of the blog is "Improvements" so I'm assuming a majority of new tweaks.

# 8 coolcras7 @ 10/17/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
more like the stuff we had last year may actually work this year.

# 9 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/17/14 05:03 PM
nothing new here, I have a question tho. what is hard edge? I've always wandered. I know show is when you flash as if you're trapping but then you recover to your man, but what is hard edge?

# 10 nick_sr @ 10/17/14 05:05 PM
Hopefully this game plays as good as it looks

Hopefully Ican ttake a charge this year

Hopefully I can actually lock my man up

# 11 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/17/14 05:06 PM
Liked the contextual on ball animations . Hopefully if a user chooses to dribble with a weak ball handler and I can crowd properly without sliding

# 12 Jay Jay @ 10/17/14 05:08 PM
Animations look really good especially the one where D. Will was forced to pick his dribble up.

# 13 The 24th Letter @ 10/17/14 05:09 PM
This is NICE.

That big showing on the pick was awesome...haven't seen that in a NBA game yet.

They've addressed my 3 biggest defensive concerns...very happy about that..love the ball tracking and help defense...

# 14 Jano @ 10/17/14 05:12 PM
The fact that there are more defensive animations is a God send lol. I loved the Jones animation as Tyreke went around him.

Simple thing but it makes a big difference to me in the replication of pick n roll D. That small slow down in movement for Tyreke forced a jumpshot. If the game features more animations like that for defense it will be nice.

Also if they've got animations that are tied to HOW you want to play D? Like animations for when you are forcing baseline then that's even cooler.

# 15 The 24th Letter @ 10/17/14 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Yup!!! Not really much change in the menus options from last year, but hopefully when we play the game, we can see if they truly work. Most of the changes seem to be in the A.I.

Yeah those options were in last years game...but you can already see there's an actual "show" animation to accompany the setting....hopefully it's like that across the board...

# 16 bigeastbumrush @ 10/17/14 05:16 PM
The hand jostling may have been confirmed by the guy who reviewed it who said he kept getting called for reach-in fouls.

Good to know you can't spam the steal button but you can body-up a guy on the perimeter.

BTW...really liked the Terence Jones hands up animation when hedging the screen.

# 17 KG @ 10/17/14 05:17 PM
I really liked the close-up of Derozoan showcasing the new smaller chopped steps.

# 18 Steve_OS @ 10/17/14 05:30 PM
Yup, updated the OP. All of the defensive assignments are the same, just double checked on Live 14. The video does show improvement. Just wish they would have showed real 5 on 5 action. Maybe next week? Wishful thinking? Guess we find out then. Otherwise, there will be plenty of streams and impressions from EA Access subs on Thursday.

# 19 Jano @ 10/17/14 05:33 PM
Yea some 5 on 5 would have been very nice to see all this in motion. Even in 2K it doesn't ALWAYS look pretty.

The real test will be if these show up when you've got the chaos a real game can create.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 20 fluent2332 @ 10/17/14 05:54 PM
It kind of seems to me that Live is going for a realistic approach with things you actually see on TV. I'm happy they are going in that direction!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.