Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

We're a couple of weeks into the NBA 2K15 experience, and while we still have some major issues going on within the game, many of you are no doubt playing several possible modes within the game.

We asked our staff which mode is their favorite and getting their most playtime up to this point, be sure to add your own response in the comments!

Read More - In NBA 2K15, What Game Mode is Getting The Most Time? (Roundtable)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ironjumpman_23 @ 10/18/14 06:40 PM
Im still on quick games, imo this game is so different from last year. The real BIG adjustment is getting used to Pau Gasol on the Bulls for me.

# 2 BBallcoach @ 10/18/14 06:44 PM
I've mostly been playing quick games and MyCareer. I am waiting for final rosters and a decent draft class for PC to start MyGM with the bucks.

# 3 thedream2k13 @ 10/18/14 06:57 PM
Been playing ALOT of online quick matches since servers received attention. Great VC source for my myplayer and its great taking the spurs and rockets and dominating everyone

# 4 Soundtrack2C @ 10/18/14 07:08 PM
Ive made a strong attempt to play my league, but none of the features work as advertised.

-If you take off the salary cap and make the hard cap 90, essentially giving teams 90 million to spend however they want, teams don't change their philosophy and spend more on better players.

The 76ers actually signed no one in the offseason, and their most expensive contract is that of Joel Embiid, a second year player, at 4.6 million.

-In the off season, Trade approval doesn't work, as in the offseason i was bombarded with multiple trade offers involving the same player.

The Grizz offered randolph to the Cavs, I approved it, then i get a message saying the Grizz wanted to trade Randolph to the Clippers, yet they weren't supposed to have him anymore because they traded him to the cavs. so i declined that, then they offered him to the magic. so i declined that.

when the game finally gave me a rest, i checked to see how the cars roster looked with their new addition. Guess what? Randolph was still a Grizz, even though i approved a trade of him to the cavs

wanna know what else? I approved Kevin martin to the thunder. guess what? you know it, he's still on the wolves.

-Player non financial ambitions factor, doesn't seem to work. Rondo and Kevin love, who have listed "play for winner" as their top ambition with "very important", signed with the knicks who were 3rd in their division.

3rd

this was with that setting increased from 50 to 65. the knicks had 34 wins

-Coach Gameplan doesn't work. If you set a matchup, for example, you're the bulls and want rose to guard kobe instead of butler, and set that as your gameplay, and go to play the game, guess who's guarding kobe? Jeremy butler

you asked for rose, and got butler.

oh yea, and your POE isn't want you selected in coach game plan either

This "association on steroids" thing was all a lie

And in the offseason, you can only train 2 players, you can't even train each guy on your team once, because you are given the option to train two players for "free", yet there is no "buy" option because the mode doesn't use VC.

even the association in 2k11 let you train more than 2 players. this is bad, very bad. id rather play my gm than my league at this point

# 5 Coolade @ 10/18/14 07:55 PM
Considering I haven't been able to connect to the 2k servers for 7 days and counting I'd say none of the game modes are getting any of my playing time. Trash.

# 6 almostbobsaget @ 10/18/14 08:02 PM
If I'm being honest, the face scan mode from the amount of times I've had to rescan.

# 7 canucksss @ 10/18/14 08:05 PM
For now I am playing myCareer. But as soon as the season starts and the draft class comes out from Joshua (ps4 draft class) then I'll re-start myGM. I'll be spending most of my NBA game time in that mode.

# 8 Flightwhite24 @ 10/18/14 08:06 PM
Face scan and Quick games for me

Sent from my iPhone

# 9 The Yurpman @ 10/18/14 08:10 PM
The most time spent on anything would be the face scan, roughly four hours.

Game mode wise would be Quick Game because every other mode is broken in some way (online just flat out doesn't work for me) except MyGM, which I intend to try once some nice draft classes are uploaded.

# 10 icepikk @ 10/18/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2C
Ive made a strong attempt to play my league, but none of the features work as advertised.

-If you take off the salary cap and make the hard cap 90, essentially giving teams 90 million to spend however they want, teams don't change their philosophy and spend more on better players.

The 76ers actually signed no one in the offseason, and their most expensive contract is that of Joel Embiid, a second year player, at 4.6 million.

-In the off season, Trade approval doesn't work, as in the offseason i was bombarded with multiple trade offers involving the same player.

The Grizz offered randolph to the Cavs, I approved it, then i get a message saying the Grizz wanted to trade Randolph to the Clippers, yet they weren't supposed to have him anymore because they traded him to the cavs. so i declined that, then they offered him to the magic. so i declined that.

when the game finally gave me a rest, i checked to see how the cars roster looked with their new addition. Guess what? Randolph was still a Grizz, even though i approved a trade of him to the cavs

wanna know what else? I approved Kevin martin to the thunder. guess what? you know it, he's still on the wolves.

-Player non financial ambitions factor, doesn't seem to work. Rondo and Kevin love, who have listed "play for winner" as their top ambition with "very important", signed with the knicks who were 3rd in their division.

3rd

this was with that setting increased from 50 to 65. the knicks had 34 wins

-Coach Gameplan doesn't work. If you set a matchup, for example, you're the bulls and want rose to guard kobe instead of butler, and set that as your gameplay, and go to play the game, guess who's guarding kobe? Jeremy butler

you asked for rose, and got butler.

oh yea, and your POE isn't want you selected in coach game plan either

This "association on steroids" thing was all a lie

And in the offseason, you can only train 2 players, you can't even train each guy on your team once, because you are given the option to train two players for "free", yet there is no "buy" option because the mode doesn't use VC.

even the association in 2k11 let you train more than 2 players. this is bad, very bad. id rather play my gm than my league at this point
To address your concern with training only 2 people in the offseason, I don't know what exactly causes it like maybe it's based on awards won and things like that sorta like Association did but I was playing with my cousin and he had KD and won mvp and made the finals and all that. Well in the offseason I also had 2 people to train like you but he has 7.

# 11 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/19/14 04:03 AM
MyCareer

The badge grind is starting to wear me down though

# 12 sooperb @ 10/19/14 09:07 AM
Robert Kollars, you are the dude! This is nothing new and online gamers never had the support of anyone major to call 2k out for their ********.

Fix the online servers!
2k: Hey look we have the all new mode where real nba stars draft YOU the gamer for there team. #Spuds

Fix the servers please!
2k: LOOK, this time jordan has friends on the cover. While we're at it I'll just take online season mode and put it away with the online lobbies. #ComebackEngine

Fix the servers, It's hard to crew up!
2k: The right stick will now used for dribble moves and Jay Z will be a huge part of the soundtrack and how the menus look. #CrewInaBox4Now

Fix the servers please!
2k: 150,000 man hours! Online Seasons are in but we just took a FEW options away. I just looks AMAZING! #park

Fix the servers please, nothing worth playing WORKS offline and in the park sometimes I wait 40+ minutes to get on the court before getting kicked or stuck in limbo.
2k: Even more man hours have brought you MyPark. Also with great pleasure I present two words, Face Scan. Your friends will be shocked when they see YOU in the game when the come to your house to play offline multiplayer.

Ok I know that last line was uncalled for but I get very frustrated with this series except for 2k through 248 and 2k11. NBA2k13 was ok.

This is the first year I can remember where critical outlets held 2k accountable for the online servers.

For every online gamer who sees their online gaming experience dying along with features and modes constantly being stripped away, there is a noob who only sees the shiny glitz and glamour presented to them for 3 months and there is an offline only gamer who only wants different socks and headbands.

The Hidden Hand Technique is when I say look over here at my left hand. It holds diamonds and gold. While my right hand is hidden from you committing atrocities while you are amazed by the shiny objects in front of you.

This has gone on with this series for 7 years now.

DONE

# 13 Bowinkle08 @ 10/19/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I've mostly been playing quick games and MyCareer. I am waiting for final rosters and a decent draft class for PC to start MyGM with the bucks.
me too. im really only playing nba today games/ quick games. im waiting for the season to start and stacking my vc

# 14 Bowinkle08 @ 10/19/14 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Face scan and Quick games for me

Sent from my iPhone
lol, face scan is a mode in itself with all the attempts we do trying to get it perfect.

# 15 airborn0071373 @ 10/19/14 10:47 PM
Quick game, simple as that.

# 16 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/20/14 10:12 AM
I Started a poll like this about a week ago lol

Mycareer plan to start myleague soon

# 17 krakdol @ 10/20/14 11:02 AM
Mycareer / Mypark (which has been mostly working for a few days). I like Myteam too.

I'll play MyGM when the final roster and the first patch are released, it's a bit better waiting for now.

# 18 sbuxer @ 10/20/14 01:49 PM
"...and have even sent Milwaukee packing to Seattle"

Wait, you can relocate franchises in MyGM?

# 19 ManiacMatt1782 @ 10/20/14 02:23 PM
MyLeague and play with friends, due to no real online league option. yes I know the games includes leagues, I said a real option, as what is included is not a viable option for league play.

# 20 badmantash @ 10/21/14 11:59 AM
My is my gm as I can't play my team

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.