Home
FIFA 15 News Post

EA Sports has announced FIFA 15 title update #2, coming right off the heels of the first title update released last week. It is available now on the PlayStation 4 and PC, checking on Xbox One.

UPDATE: Not seeing it yet on Xbox One. Will update when it is available.

Check out the details below, along with the screenshot above.
  • Adjustments and improvements to shooting and goalkeepers.
  • (PS4) Fix for fans experiencing stuttering during online and offline gameplay.
  • Added ability to call out the keeper in Pro Clubs.
  • Fix for instances where Player Instructions in Seasons mode were not carrying over into gameplay via Team Management.
  • Further improvements to Player Search in Career Mode.
  • Adjusted Legendary difficulty in gameplay.
  • Improvements to Goal Line Technology.
  • Fix for match length issues in FIFA Ultimate Team Single Player Seasons matches.
  • Updated real-world injuries and suspensions in Match Day Live.
  • Improvements to ‘Looking Ahead’ audio in Career.
  • Fixes to Player selection in Team Management in multiplayer matches.
  • Tuned player specific audio speech in all modes.
  • (XB1) Improvements to motion blur effects.
  • (XB1) Fix to the display of FIFA Ultimate Team Legend players in the EA SPORTS Football Club widget.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SSJ @ 10/21/14 09:44 PM
I have played around 20 Career games and still notice the fouls have reduced by alot.
The average fouls per team doesnt go above 3 - 4 a game

For people who are saying they have the same amount of fouls on what difficulty do you play?

Im playing on Legendary if that makes any difference

# 42 jrose57 @ 10/21/14 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
The game feels a bit different after the update. I don't know... maybe a bit faster. I really have been enjoying this game playing offline on manual. Wondering if some else feels the same way about the update??
hey man, do you have all settings on manual??? Even shooting? I tried manual for everything but for shooting it is quite hard to get the direction right....you have same problem bro?

# 43 DBMcGee3 @ 10/22/14 08:49 AM
I'm anxious to try this. For anyone who has played with the patch, does the "change to team mentality" seem noticeable at all? I'm stoked about EA's patches as of late, keep it up guys!

# 44 orion523 @ 10/22/14 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm anxious to try this. For anyone who has played with the patch, does the "change to team mentality" seem noticeable at all? I'm stoked about EA's patches as of late, keep it up guys!
I definitely noticed it, and its better than Pre-patch. Playing Cardiff and leading late, they started bombing long balls into the box in an attempt to equalize.

# 45 mfp @ 10/22/14 10:26 AM
Anyone know how Legendary difficulty is different post patch?

# 46 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 10/22/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I definitely noticed it, and its better than Pre-patch. Playing Cardiff and leading late, they started bombing long balls into the box in an attempt to equalize.
I noticed it as well. I was leading a game late on and they were pressing the ball carrier at will (double teaming). I was trying to implement the AI's usual tactics by dribbling to the corner flag to play out the clock which they usually do to me. They were relentless, eventually getting the ball back and equalized with the last kick of the match. I really couldn't get mad, I was actually pleased that the cpu actually changes tactics to suit the situation.

# 47 JHedges2 @ 10/22/14 10:50 AM
I played 2 FUT games last night and lost both of them. This was after starting season 6 (i believe) 6-0-1.

The AI definitely seemed improved to me--this was on Professional (n00b, I know )

# 48 DBMcGee3 @ 10/22/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
That's a good thing. I guess what I'm really curious about is how they play when the game is tied, or they're up a goal or more. Do they ever, ever pass the ball backwards or play patiently at all? I love this game, but its achilles heel is the "barge forward" mentality of the CPU teams, regardless which team they are controlling. I'd just like to see the aggressiveness toned down a notch, and more variety in the passing.

# 49 DBMcGee3 @ 10/22/14 11:30 AM
I'm also curious if they plan to patch the 11 v 11 practice option back into the game. Huge bummer for me that it wasn't included this year.

# 50 loccdogg26 @ 10/22/14 01:09 PM
I had a patch pop up on the PS3 version yesterday and I can't find out what was fixed anywhere.

# 51 DBMcGee3 @ 10/22/14 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
So true, and no they still don't do this post patch, if you plug the holes they will just run back and forth with the ball trying to drag you out instead of using passing to try and stretch you out.

When it's tied they do adjust to the situation though a bit more. I was tied with Crystal Palace and they were playing balanced, but not really pressing hard. They then had a man sent off in the 60th minute and they started to park the bus even though the game was tied.

The logic works much better post patch, I don't know what was programmed before but in a game against Man City they were actually leading late and went all out attack, their CBs were jumping into the box and left a huge hole for me to equalize. The only reason I could think of was that the game was still registering the result in the reverse fixture where I beat them 3-0 and for some reason the AI was programmed to think it was down on aggregate? Post patch I played Arsenal having beaten then 2-0 in the reverse fixture and the same problem wasn't present, they were up on me late and played conservative as they should.
Damn, I guess baby steps are better than nothing, but it just doesn't seem like it would be difficult to change tendencies so that the CPU takes more chances. Besides the backwards passing, the CPU attack generally lacks any lob passing (other than crossing), and I really can't think of many, if any, times I've seen them have a go from outside the box. They just dribble around, making short passes until they either lose the ball or get an easy shot on goal. Any devs in here by chance?

# 52 NYBorn81 @ 10/22/14 01:42 PM
I've never had this foul problem. I've seen 3 or 4 yellows in a game or two, but never anything consistent. Last night though, playing against Arsenal in my Manager mode, Arsenal picked up two redcards, had 8 players on the field for the rest of the game. The fouls were obviously warranted though as they were late slides which always tripped me up near the penalty area. Idk, if it was just cause I was playing Arsenal though, but the game was a lot tougher. I'm currently 7-1-3 (W/L/D) in my Burnley career, BURNLEY!

# 53 dcar87 @ 10/22/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Damn, I guess baby steps are better than nothing, but it just doesn't seem like it would be difficult to change tendencies so that the CPU takes more chances. Besides the backwards passing, the CPU attack generally lacks any lob passing (other than crossing), and I really can't think of many, if any, times I've seen them have a go from outside the box. They just dribble around, making short passes until they either lose the ball or get an easy shot on goal. Any devs in here by chance?
Hi, thought I should drop in to tell you that lobs are possible in this game. I am having tons of them being made by the CPU, apart from crosses. They are also switching sides when they find a free player and small teams bomb passes to their forwards while defending if they have the long ball tactic. I have a mix of Matt sliders and mine and I am enjoying the variety a lot. Teams like Aston Villa and Spurs play totally different. If you would like to know my sliders, just ask

# 54 DBMcGee3 @ 10/22/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
Hi, thought I should drop in to tell you that lobs are possible in this game. I am having tons of them being made by the CPU, apart from crosses. They are also switching sides when they find a free player and small teams bomb passes to their forwards while defending if they have the long ball tactic. I have a mix of Matt sliders and mine and I am enjoying the variety a lot. Teams like Aston Villa and Spurs play totally different. If you would like to know my sliders, just ask
Give 'em up my man. As long as they aren't specifically set for manual passing, and don't handicap the CPU in any way, I'd be more than willing to try them. I have a guilty conscience when it comes to setting CPU attributes lower than User attributes.

# 55 SSJ @ 10/22/14 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
I'm playing on WC and have around 4-5 per game playing 10 minute halves so that's about 16-20 prorated over 90 minutes, if anything that's too high! I even had 2 penalties in one match last night, sorry I think there's some placebo effect going on here. The patch hasn't changed fouls at all IMO. If anything the increased AI tactics adjustments have increased them as if I'm up late they press hard and double team which leads to more fouls.
Yea maybe thats the different Im playing 6 minutes halves.

# 56 dcar87 @ 10/22/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Give 'em up my man. As long as they aren't specifically set for manual passing, and don't handicap the CPU in any way, I'd be more than willing to try them. I have a guilty conscience when it comes to setting CPU attributes lower than User attributes.
Ok. They're really not targeted to manual players at all though maybe if you play full manual it may affect the way the CPU takes certain decisions but I'm not sure. Don't worry since there's no advantage for the user with these sliders, they are totally fair.

The most important slider changes are these:

User and CPU speed: 50
User and CPU acceleration: 50
User pass error: 50 CPU pass error: 20
CPU pass speed: 35
User marking: 42 CPU marking: 62
User and CPU run frequency: 50
User and CPU line height: 75
User and CPU line length: 42
User and CPU line width: 32
User and CPU FB positioning: 100

The rest of the sliders are not important and won't alter the CPU style of play.
They should be played in Legendary with slow speed and Legacy defending (this changes the way the CPU plays). I recommend full manual. It's also worth mentioning that if you're team plays a possesion based game you must lower the users speed build up slider to 30 or less in the team's tactic. CPU's remains as it is. Good luck!

# 57 jrose57 @ 10/22/14 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Anyone know how Legendary difficulty is different post patch?
You can't run over defenders that easily anymore (by abusing speed), more fouls and tackles can be made for user and have been for cpu, these are the two obvious things I could see so far after playing just a few games last night!

# 58 lewizard @ 10/22/14 09:52 PM
do we need to start a new career mode now?

# 59 jrose57 @ 10/22/14 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewizard
Yes you should, thats why I don't start career until first or second patch is given~

# 60 Yuss @ 10/22/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewizard
check to see if player search is fixed in your career to see if the patch is applied to the career save.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.