Home
NHL 15 News Post

The planned October content update for NHL 15 has arrived for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. It includes the addition of OTP and the all new NHL entry draft. Unfortunately for OTP users, you can't play with friends, OTP is used for ranked matches.

According to quite a few users, the third jerseys don't appear to be in the game, but they are listed in the update.

UPDATE: According to djblue, if you download the latest roster update, you will see the third jerseys.

You can view the entire list of fixes and additions below. Let us know what you are seeing.

Quote:
Online Team Play

Play online with up to ten players, locked to a single position using real-world rosters. These matches will be 5v5 ranked with AI controlled goalies.

Be a GM - Rookie Draft

For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like a real NHL GM. As they do at the NHL Entry Draft, you have three minutes to make a draft pick.

If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the course of the draft.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ram4x4marc @ 10/21/14 07:22 PM
I dont understand how people could be mad abut no player editor in the game. What, so you can make an unrealistic version of a player? I've never been enticed to make Zetterberg a 99, let alone boost his speed up some more.

# 62 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/21/14 07:33 PM
Very Promising just had a great game and I will post a boxscore from the next , awesome update EA NHL so far after 1 game things seem more normal but good sloppy and game speed has slowed on default allstar ! Im on a Rocky Mountain High !

# 63 Nickflyers @ 10/21/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram4x4marc
I dont understand how people could be mad abut no player editor in the game. What, so you can make an unrealistic version of a player? I've never been enticed to make Zetterberg a 99, let alone boost his speed up some more.
Some of us like to adjust those players that are either under rated or over rated(Flyers defense, MDZ an 85?) along fixing goalie pads, or giving our newly drafted goalie good looking pads. Some might want to boost their favorite player or prospect. Gives us the ability to do what we want. Look what the Revamped team has done with NHL14 after they properly adjusted the ratings

# 64 canucksss @ 10/21/14 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001

What on earth would make EA think random people would be civil and behave realistically in an online game mode? The FIFA, NHL, and Madden twitters are hilarious in their absurdity, a constant barrage of your game is weak and broken followed by EA twitter responses of Sorry ad nauseum.
BECAUSE EA DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE GAMERS WHO LOVE NHL!!!!

I've given up since NHL 13. I had a free copy of NHL 15 for PS4 and it didn't last for 3 weeks, exchanged it and used it to purchase another game. 15 is a complete joke...an insult to NHL avid fans....complete waste of money. And I hope EA suffers financially this year so they could go back and producing a real game that represents NHL teams and players, or at least very close to the actual team/players.

# 65 bwiggy33 @ 10/21/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram4x4marc
You do realize that you made this post on a site that is a majority of age 20+ who are out of their kids days of creating 99 OVR players haha. Not to mention on this forum sim is what most people want. If people want a game to be sim I don't think they are creating 99 OVR players. Needless to say, editing players is a massive deal especially to this forum. EA has possibly the worst set of rosters, player rankings, and equipment inaccuracies of any sports video game. In order to fix that you need to edit players. Editing players ratings makes a world of difference in this game unless you want every player playing like Crosby. If you are fine with that then that's probably why you can't understand why people want the player editor.

# 66 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/21/14 07:55 PM
Ok Im really impressed so far with this update and being I always play the same way on Playoff Mode Allstar Default so theres no guessing on what Im seeing because im not a big tweaker .

Right off the the bat EA NHL has brought back some real interaction to gameplay and as an example when the game first came out I could block pucks naturally and even hold in pucks when the AI PK tried to clear it if I made the right adjustment .

But after the first updates alot of that stuff just became automatic almost robotics but In two games Im not seeing much of that and Im very impressed so far and I guess EA did listen at least offline gameplay wise

# 67 13whitebread @ 10/21/14 08:08 PM
To bad the NHL is in there season and far from playoff mode. Hey EA duhhhh

# 68 ParisB @ 10/21/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Ok Im really impressed so far with this update and being I always play the same way on Playoff Mode Allstar Default so theres no guessing on what Im seeing because im not a big tweaker .

Right off the the bat EA NHL has brought back some real interaction to gameplay and as an example when the game first came out I could block pucks naturally and even hold in pucks when the AI PK tried to clear it if I made the right adjustment .

But after the first updates alot of that stuff just became automatic almost robotics but In two games Im not seeing much of that and Im very impressed so far and I guess EA did listen at least offline gameplay wise
Sounds promising...

The game has been a mess since the first tuner and then the patch. Robo CPU and berserk mode and comeback AI.

Hopefully it goes back to "normal" from release. Where only penalties were broken...

# 69 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/21/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Sounds promising...

The game has been a mess since the first tuner and then the patch. Robo CPU and berserk mode and comeback AI.

Hopefully it goes back to "normal" from release. Where only penalties were broken...
Who knows its only been a few games and I know playoff mode and other modes always played different but when I have time Im gonna try this update on play now and see how it compares to when the game released .

Penalties Im not going there as I proved my point in that thread and my character was questioned but if you check a post I made a few days ago after after the roster update I was getting 6 to 7 PP a game on 8 min periods but losing 3-0 , 3-1 in 7 games.

Cool find : So I lowered the cpu goalie reaction from 4 to 3 and the cpu stopped playing over aggressive and my PP went down to 1 or 2 PP a game from 6 or 7 as the AI knew the goalie was no longer a brick wall and my friend also tried it so its kinda weird how the AI works as the Goalie Reaction actually tied into the defense and how they play and then my next 3 games were 4-3 , 7-6 and 5-4 so I might have been better off increasing my shot accuracy to improve my scoring .

Note : I dont know if its because of the slower game speed or AI but those suction plays are now gone almost where your stuck in animation but who knows when full blown tilted ice is going and its so nice visually not to have the strategy box on all game !

Also noticed that the weird passing when I try and pass behind my net along the boards and it went past my goalie crease on a weird angle is gone !

# 70 MizzouRah @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
What sliders and settings are you using? Never mind, saw your reply above.

By the way, one of the opening cut scenes outside the Scottrade shows a cop working traffic - I used to do that. I no longer live in St Louis since I retired but have a Blues franchise starting. Saw my first Blues game as a teenager, now eligible for senior discounts everywhere, still no Stanley Cup.
That's awesome, this is our year for the CUP!

# 71 Money99 @ 10/21/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Some of us like to adjust those players that are either under rated or over rated(Flyers defense, MDZ an 85?) along fixing goalie pads, or giving our newly drafted goalie good looking pads. Some might want to boost their favorite player or prospect. Gives us the ability to do what we want. Look what the Revamped team has done with NHL14 after they properly adjusted the ratings
I just wished they allowed us to alter positions. Zetterberg hasn't been a LW since the previous lockout in '05.
If/when Dats and Zetts play on the same line, it's Datsyuk that plays the wing (as he's doing tonight against the Habs).

# 72 sram444 @ 10/21/14 09:22 PM
Who cares about jerseys and all that garbage... Are you telling me you still cant have multiple players on your xbox playing against others online? What an absolute joke. Thats the only reason i bought the game and havent played it since the first two days i bought it because of this... Between this and broken madden i dont know why i even bought an xbox one. Those two games were the reason i bought it and i cant play either one of them!!!

Does anyone know if this will be added? Been able to play this for years and now with xbox ones more capabilities they are taking out the most important features.... Absolute trash!!! EA needs competition

# 73 tessl @ 10/21/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
The old checker dome , Hall and Plante Era the Plagers , Unger and the Red Baron great times used to listen to the games on wkomx I think ? Gonna fired up the game now and its sounds promising as me and Mizz play alike !
The Checkerdome, originally called the Arena was a big home ice advantage. The ice was at the bottom of a pit. It was downright dangerous to attend a Blues vs Blackhawk game, lots of fights in the stands. The first game I attended, Blues vs Blackhawks, the Chicago coach got mad about something and pulled his team off the ice and went to the locker room and refused to come out.

The Blues had some bruisers back then. I remember a game I think in Philly where some of the Blues went up in the stands and started fighting with the crowd.

I saw the Rolling Stones once there, got extremely lucky and had front row floor, middle.

# 74 hyacinth1 @ 10/21/14 09:54 PM
Quote:

you got my hopes up. can't wait to try it tonight. Anyone try online? does the offline updates translate online/hut?

# 75 meep316 @ 10/21/14 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sram444
Who cares about jerseys and all that garbage... Are you telling me you still cant have multiple players on your xbox playing against others online? What an absolute joke. Thats the only reason i bought the game and havent played it since the first two days i bought it because of this... Between this and broken madden i dont know why i even bought an xbox one. Those two games were the reason i bought it and i cant play either one of them!!!

Does anyone know if this will be added? Been able to play this for years and now with xbox ones more capabilities they are taking out the most important features.... Absolute trash!!! EA needs competition
I'm glad they don't allow that. Like I want to play against two idiots position locking and cherry picking all game. Go play otp.

# 76 Simple Mathematics @ 10/21/14 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
Post-Patch Entry Draft Video

• Timed picks
  • More franchise potential draft picks
  • Pictures of draft picks
  • You can now trade throughout the draft like in Madden
  • Draft picks are now sortable by team
  • All in all, mostly the same as the old draft with a few surface changes

So am I the only one who is concerned that McDavid's potential is a "Bottom 6 Forward"? The kid is supposed to be the best player since Crosby. I think it's safe to say he deserves better than this.

# 77 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/21/14 10:28 PM
A few quick Impressions

Im really impressed with EA NHL latest update as I think it plays even better than when the game was first released as statistics are more balanced and cpu has more of a realistic attack and not just turbo mode.

Real physics especially players are back !!! and responsive especially on collision/checking/hitting and puck too but not like player and though I havent study the puck like player I think even guys like Kane play more like themselves , you know size weight attributes ect matters again when hitting .

I played 5 games on this update with the latest tuner and Im getting fun and realistic results in Playoff mode and might even bump up to 9 or 10 minutes periods as shots are a tad low and PP are only 2 to 3 per team .

For me on Default allstar the game no longer comes off as robotic or generate and plays very organic again and IMO even better than before at least in Playoff mode but once again its only 5 games .

# 78 Gerg04 @ 10/21/14 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
I'm glad they don't allow that. Like I want to play against two idiots position locking and cherry picking all game. Go play otp.
First off, we can't play OTP...............

Secondly, not everyone cheery picks and cheeses just because there's 2 of you. Position lock should be banned from VS period. My buddy and I have played hours upon hour's of NHL since NHL PA 92' or whatever. And we've always played legit.

# 79 MizzouRah @ 10/22/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
A few quick Impressions

Im really impressed with EA NHL latest update as I think it plays even better than when the game was first released as statistics are more balanced and cpu has more of a realistic attack and not just turbo mode.

Real physics especially players are back !!! and responsive especially on collision/checking/hitting and puck too but not like player and though I havent study the puck like player I think even guys like Kane play more like themselves , you know size weight attributes ect matters again when hitting .

I played 5 games on this update with the latest tuner and Im getting fun and realistic results in Playoff mode and might even bump up to 9 or 10 minutes periods as shots are a tad low and PP are only 2 to 3 per team .

For me on Default allstar the game no longer comes off as robotic or generate and plays very organic again and IMO even better than before at least in Playoff mode but once again its only 5 games .
Played my first BeaGM game.. it's definitely back to "organic" play where anything can happen. Puck seems to have better physics too.. maybe because I changed to "normal" puck size, but who knows if that really matters, I've always used authentic and it's too small it seems on current gen.

Two great games in row post patch/roster update. I'm back in that "one more game" mode I had when the game first came out. No more pass-pass-score, goalies play much better, game just feels like hockey for the most part.

# 80 hyacinth1 @ 10/22/14 01:11 AM
Got some ONLINE Versus games in. Good News. Games we had good chances and scored. No more super goalie or predetermined 1-1 regulation games. I had scored a variety of goals and was able to get some from top of the crease. So far so good. Haven't tried HUT.

Tried OTP and bleh...........just not my thing I guess. Seemed like a mess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.