Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of total gameplay. Play a quick game and post your impressions.

PlayStation 4 users will get a demo on the 28th and non-EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will be able to grab the trial version on the same date.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tdawgsmitty @ 10/23/14 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Playing on All-Star, block shots are too easy again this year.

Game is very responsive. Always loved that about Live.
I enjoyed my time playing this game. It is going to be different at first. The controls and shot in general are pretty different. Timing for the shots in general and free throws are literally a tap of the X button or square button. For the controls, I was throwing alley oops all the time because on 2k it is screen hehe. Overall in the first two games i have played I am pleasantly surprised in how live 15. AI is smarter and can actually play defense! Physics are great.

Only question I have is the ea access and demo have the day one patch or is it the game that is coming out minus it?

# 42 PrynceKee @ 10/23/14 01:25 AM
Quick impressions after my first game. The game raises your expectations when playing through the tutorial. The controls are responsive during the tutorial. The player model looks good although the faces are off on a lot of players. The shoes look amazing and are very detailed. Once the you finish the tutorial and you start a full game you'll immediately notice the polish of the 5 on 5 game take a hit, at least I did. I noticed that it's too easy to block shots and the passing felt a little sluggish even though I think the controls are responsive. I always felt like I would make a pass to a wide open player and it'll take too long to get to the player and they're not as open any more when they received the pass.

The commentary wasn't good and very low by default. I felt like it was also too easy to steal passes even from everyone one he court. I was able to generate a lot of fast breaks off steals. The CPU AI on offense wasn't that great either besides Westbrook taking a lot of shots. Durant only had 8 field goals the entire game and it seemed like the AI was really focused on guard play. On defense it was a little better. They started double teaming Love in the post and when I got Lebron going they double teamed him as soon as he got the ball. I really like the presentation, especially the half time and post game show. It's exactly like an NBA on ESPN broadcasts although Jalen Rose is a little robotic.

I think all in all this is a big improvement over last years game and is a playable game of basketball. I don't think it's worth $60. There is fun to be had with the game even if it's not up to NBA2k15 quality just yet...

# 43 Teddy_Long @ 10/23/14 01:28 AM
more than one camera option?

# 44 ChrisCP3Paul @ 10/23/14 01:32 AM
Any of you guys that are playing it on the Westcoast ?
I'm out here and I still don't have access to the game in the vault

# 45 swac07 @ 10/23/14 01:35 AM
Ok i just had a bug to happen im playing a regular matchup between the grizz and jazz ...during the starting lineups the nba finals wipe popped up for both ....im not playing a playoff game nor is playoff atmosphere is on

# 46 charter04 @ 10/23/14 01:35 AM
So far I really liked it. Much better than Live 14. That's not saying much though. I was wondering how Live got tattoos but, Madden "can't".

The on court gameplay is better than expected so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 alexthegreat @ 10/23/14 01:38 AM
Anyone else encounter a bug where a shooting foul will occur in the post, but you end up getting 3 fts?

# 48 swac07 @ 10/23/14 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Anyone else encounter a bug where a shooting foul will occur in the post, but you end up getting 3 fts?
yup.......

# 49 XtremeDunkz @ 10/23/14 01:43 AM
I definitely will not be purchasing this year, BUT... I love the improvements they have made and I feel like with some more time this will be a very very good game.

# 50 poloelite @ 10/23/14 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCP3Paul
Any of you guys that are playing it on the Westcoast ?
I'm out here and I still don't have access to the game in the vault
Yeah, I'm in Vegas and it was available when I got home at 8:30

# 51 aholbert32 @ 10/23/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So far I really liked it. Much better than Live 14. That's not saying much though. I was wondering how Live got tattoos but, Madden "can't".

The on court gameplay is better than expected so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NBAPA indemnifies EA against any claims/lawsuits related to tattoos (copyright infringement). The NFL and NFLPA wont. EA doesnt want to risk a lawsuit.

# 52 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 10/23/14 01:54 AM
is the game dvr not working for anyone else? achievements not unlocking also?

# 53 poloelite @ 10/23/14 01:58 AM
Played another game, Cavs vs. Wolves and it's just not good. It feels almost like a chore to move around and get things flowing. The graphics look only slightly upgraded over 14 in default camera during 5 on 5 action. The easiest thing I can compare it to is when I used to play computer games years ago and it would look beautiful up close running everything at high graphics, but I had to downgrade them for speed purposes, so graphics would take a noticeable leap back.

I love the menus. I like how the graphics look during the tutorial. Some moves are over powered and going to hoop isn't a matter of strategy, just a matter of when and who you want to do it with. This game feels and looks like a patch to Live 14 in all areas, not a genuine new experience. That's typical for sports game year after year, but an upgrade to Live 14 isn't exciting. There are some good elements here that if they built from ground up and added them in (atmosphere, ESPN, menus, shoes, close ups) they would have a solid base.

# 54 swac07 @ 10/23/14 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
is the game dvr not working for anyone else? achievements not unlocking also?
During 'trials' you cant upload em using dvr

# 55 CujoMatty @ 10/23/14 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
NBAPA indemnifies EA against any claims/lawsuits related to tattoos (copyright infringement). The NFL and NFLPA wont. EA doesnt want to risk a lawsuit.
jesus, indemnifies? I had to google that one. lol

# 56 swac07 @ 10/23/14 02:03 AM
Ok whats up with the ball bouncing off the rim then hitting floor and neither side grabbing the rebound while its in the air???? this has happened back to back....And the ball does a crazy morph to end up behind number 10's head lol

# 57 aholbert32 @ 10/23/14 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
jesus, indemnifies? I had to google that one. lol
LOL. I'm a lawyer so I use that word daily.

# 58 pk500 @ 10/23/14 02:04 AM
I didn't play NBA Live 14, but this game surprised me. I agree there isn't much off-the-ball movement unless commanded via controller, and both teams shot a high FG percentage in the one game I played. It's also far too easy to strip guards for steals and breakaway dunks. But the game looks good and is more fluid than I imagined.

But the game is fun. It's definitely geared more toward one-on-one skill moves and isolation than the more team-oriented gameplay of NBA 2K15.

I'd be content if it was the only NBA game on the market. Problem is, there's a far superior title already on shelves. I would be interested in NBA Live 15 if it sold for $30. But it doesn't appear to be worth the same price as NBA 2K15.

# 59 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 10/23/14 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
During 'trials' you cant upload em using dvr
thats dumb, what about achievements?

# 60 swac07 @ 10/23/14 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
thats dumb, what about achievements?
achievements are supposed to unlock

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.