Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Things didn't go well for NBA Live last season, but change is in the air with NBA Live 15. We gathered a couple of staffers up who are giving the game some playtime early on XBox Access and asked them what they thought about this year's game ahead of release day...

Read More - NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day (Roundtable)

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WTF @ 10/27/14 12:24 PM
Hey Steve, box out is the Left Trigger, just like you're playing defense, and towards the player you want to block out. I use it all of the time.

Also, check it out after the Day 1 Patch, as a lot of what you all have seen is toned down or remedied through it.

Good read fellas.

# 2 cmehustle @ 10/27/14 12:42 PM
I wish people would compare the two games instead of comparing Live 15 to Live 14. Eventually Live is going to have to stand on its own two and stop being treated with kid gloves.

# 3 The 24th Letter @ 10/27/14 12:47 PM
Good impressions.

That scoring bug sound's a lot like the bug from Live 10...the actual scoreboard would be wrong and you would end up losing thinking you were up 1 or 2 points...

# 4 snc237 @ 10/27/14 01:17 PM
Played it. Defiantly a playable game unlike last years however still a year or two away from me purchasing it.

# 5 believeinnow @ 10/27/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
I wish people would compare the two games instead of comparing Live 15 to Live 14. Eventually Live is going to have to stand on its own two and stop being treated with kid gloves.
Well, the first question, especially sports titles, people ask 'is this better than last years?'. So, I don't mind that they are comparing last years to this. I do agree that comparisons between competition is necessary but I'm happy they are focusing on what has improved over last year's game.

# 6 believeinnow @ 10/27/14 01:27 PM
Interesting write-up, but can we really call a two-person discussion a roundtable? Was hoping for more opinions rather than two people. Where is Chris in all this?

# 7 Steve_OS @ 10/27/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hey Steve, box out is the Left Trigger, just like you're playing defense, and towards the player you want to block out. I use it all of the time.

Also, check it out after the Day 1 Patch, as a lot of what you all have seen is toned down or remedied through it.

Good read fellas.
Ah yes, I just tried it. I thought I was going crazy. Didn't see it in the controls, just figured it wasn't even there. Thanks!

Good to hear the Day 1 patch will fix a lot of my complaints.

# 8 Steve_OS @ 10/27/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
Interesting write-up, but can we really call a two-person discussion a roundtable? Was hoping for more opinions rather than two people. Where is Chris in all this?
I was hoping for more to write about it as well, unfortunately Glenn was sick all weekend and Chris doesn't have an Xbox One.

# 9 WTF @ 10/27/14 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'm a beast with K-Love and Lebron on the boards. I get great satisfaction of going into the paint, finding a guy and putting a body on him.

# 10 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/27/14 01:58 PM
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?

# 11 Dazraz @ 10/27/14 02:17 PM
Why is no one talking about the Modes in this came?

# 12 thedream2k13 @ 10/27/14 02:22 PM
A question I have is does nba live use motion cap tech for player movement and animations? Its like they use CPU generated movements for shot animations , dunks and other things which cause a unrealistic feel.

# 13 YourHazard216 @ 10/27/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. NBA Live 14 is arguably one of the worst non canceled NBA games to ever be put out. You can possibly get any worse than 14. So of course it could only go up from there. But this game is absolutely no where near the overall quality of "the other game" yet. MAYBE in a few years. But not now.

# 14 pdawg17 @ 10/27/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHazard216
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. NBA Live 14 is arguably one of the worst non canceled NBA games to ever be put out. You can possibly get any worse than 14. So of course it could only go up from there. But this game is absolutely no where near the overall quality of "the other game" yet. MAYBE in a few years. But not now.
Agreed but somehow the "fun factor" is there for me. I have both games and for some reason I keep playing Live...

# 15 @marcusjiles @ 10/27/14 03:06 PM
I thought I'd buy it this year but I KNEW that this game wouldnt be turned around within a year. Live 14 was a PS2 game. Live 15 is a PS3 game. Next year I think is the game to look out for. The foundation is here. It's viewable. We can all see it. But it's not worth 60 bucks yet.

Also, watched a video on youtube that went through ALL of the shoes and the shoes while there's PLENTY, like a quarter of them look good. A lot of the Nike's look awful. But yes, when I see that Kobe 9, especially the Showtime colorway, my mouth waters.

# 16 champsbasketball @ 10/27/14 03:16 PM
Nba Live you guys have to patch the late game situations, because Live 14 would not shoot the ball either when I would be up by 2 or 3 and if I was the team down by 2 or 3. First patch please.

# 17 swac07 @ 10/27/14 03:18 PM
I just hope when its reviewed its reviewed fairly and not under the "hype" glasses that its now a playable game...If that Day one patch doesnt fix the continuous player clipping issue and AI logic then thats gonna be a big issue...I dont care how fun/sim/not sim/arcade/not arcade it is...

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 18 champsbasketball @ 10/27/14 03:21 PM
Also I don't want Nba Live to turn down stealing the ball just make more animations for the cpu to protect the ball and react to double teams faster. also give us the option to be able to steal the ball with either hand.

# 19 champsbasketball @ 10/27/14 03:27 PM
you guys need to add voice commands for the PS camera but make sure the responsiveness is better than 2k15 make your voice commands a priority for your rising star mode because it's an afterthought

# 20 champsbasketball @ 10/27/14 03:29 PM
I meant to say afterthought in 2k15.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.