Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 08:28 PM
Never understood why Live limits your ability to swat for the ball on demand...I just had a user throw full court passes all game with my defender right behind him...but when I hit square button nothing happens...makes it way more difficult to play passing lanes then it should be...for all the talk of feeling in control, this is a rough spot...

The shot releases definitely need to be tweaked...it doesn't feel natural at all to shoot, especially online...

Sometimes things don't happen as fluidly as they should. When you do a drop pass to a big after drawing the help, there's a half a second delay before they go up for the layup. They also need more options when bigs are 1-2 feet from the basket...I'm seeing them going up for jumpers when a push shot/hook would have made more sense..

# 102 WTF @ 10/28/14 08:29 PM
Do you use the LB at all 24th?

# 103 nick_sr @ 10/28/14 08:31 PM
Man rising star has come a long way from be a legend in elite

Are Jordan's the only shoe you can wear or this there some glitch? Wanted pick emulate Lebron but I could only pick a style from a Jordan brand player.

# 104 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Do you use the LB at all 24th?

Only when I'm driving to the basket and want to pull a floater....will it work for a stationary big right outside of the paint?

# 105 sroz39 @ 10/28/14 08:32 PM
I've played three games now, one as the Cavs in the opening game on Pro with 5min quarters and then two as the Raps in a home and home with the Celtics. I've lost every game LOL. A lot of it is due to playing 2K for years and years now, but some of it is due to some issues I have with the gameplay. That sounds awful but it's not as bad as it may seem. First, the positives in random order:

- unbelievable sound, great graphics, top notch jobs on the arenas and lighting just like I saw on Twitch all weekend. Doesn't disappoint.

- the commentary is better than I was expecting, obviously could use a little work but overall, good.

- menus are simple and slick

- soundtrack is awesome

- feels AWESOME to make a big shot or go on a big run. The crowd, the commentary, it all leads to getting your blood pumping

- love the simplified control scheme. Everything that 2K does that's important to me is available here too but just easier to do

- as I'm getting used to the controls, I'm really pulling off some great plays on the PnR and PnP's. Especially with Kyle Lowry, I feel deadly.

- love how if you try and post up a stronger player, you remain just as far away from the basket or at times even get pushed away a bit. In 2K, I feel like with enough persistence, I'll eventually back a guy down and then the game compensates by me missing 4 footers and whatnot. This game, though overall lacking in the post game, at least it's difficult to play in the post.

- love having pro hop and euro step on the Triangle/Y button. I shouldn't have to think too hard when I want to pull some of these moves off when the situation calls for them, in 2K it feels like I'm trying to do the hokey pokey at times. In Live, it's a lot more intuitive.

- love the R3 being a quick replay button. It's a contextual replay, so sometimes it shows from the start of a fast break, other times it just shows a post up from the backboard cam. But I found myself clicking R3 OFTEN! What a great mechanic.

I've yet to dive in to the other modes too much, just playing exhibition games but the gameplay so far is a blast.

The negatives:

- the dribbling options available to you seem a little limited at the moment. I wish there was a bit more contextual decision making involved when it picks a dribbling animation. It's a lot better than in the past but has a ways to go.

- the blocks are probably the only terrible thing this game has. There's things that are just average, like some passing animations, but the blocks are kinda poor. From the sound to the unrealistic nature in how they're performed to the sheer amount of them, they need a lot of work.

- along these lines, defence still needs a lot of work. It's definitely great playing on the ball perimeter defence, you really feel like you can make a difference. The interior D is very underwhelming and there's not enough animations to convey the different ways you can make it tough for guys taking inside shots. This should definitely improve over time but right now, it can be frustrating at times.

- further to that, controlling the help defence is frustrating as well. I like to play on the ball defence so when I get beat, I switch to the help defender. Often times though, it's like I'm not even there because the offensive player starts an animation that I can't prevent no matter what I do. I feel as the RTP system gets fleshed out in coming years, this will turn into a huge strength because when the physics DO activate, it's a thing of absolute beauty and something 2K can't touch. But right now, it can be frustrating to try and be the help defender and have the offensive player continue on his path like I'm not there.

- something I hope can be tuned with a patch is the rigidity of the open/guarded shot system. Obviously, for lesser lights in the NBA, any pressure is enough to throw their shots off. But I find that guys that are good shooters, if there's someone nearby, it affects their shot too much. I had a heck of a time with LeBron, after creating a little bit of space, to make a shot that he makes consistently in real life but because I was in the yellow for guarded, it didn't allow me to make a shot. The better and especially elite players, make shots with a lot of pressure but even more so when it's just average pressure. This system needs tweaking a little bit but I like the instant visual cue it shows with the meter.

- one of the things I loved about Live 10 was how easy it was to call a player-specific play and unless I'm missing something, that mechanic doesn't exist in this game. I hope it makes its return next year because I don't wanna fumble around with a bunch of button presses and it was one of my favourite things about Live 10.

Thats really it. I'm sure I'm going to come across more positives and negatives as I play more and try different modes. And maybe it seems like I'm being harsh but I would give this game a solid 7.0-7.5 with the potential to get even better depending on patches. It's a lot of fun, animations need the most attention going into Live 16 and beyond but I bought the game for a bunch of reasons but the main one was this: when I come home from work or had a rough week or whatever the case may be, I know my game of choice is going to be Live 15. I love my Madden, my Fifa and my NBA 2K15 but those games ask a lot of me some days. The art of simplicity (don't confuse that with easy) has long ago been lost in the sports game genre. This game is plenty "sim", plenty challenging but also simple to play while being very engaging. And it's a beautiful game to look at on top of it all.

Welcome back, NBA Live. We' ve missed ya.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 106 nick_sr @ 10/28/14 08:33 PM
So I drop 49 points and 23 assist and go 5th in the draft?!?! Just going to request a trade home as long as its not for derozan lol

# 107 WTF @ 10/28/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
So I drop 49 points and 23 assist and go 5th in the draft?!?! Just going to request a trade home as long as its not for derozan lol
You can select who you want to be drafted by.

# 108 swac07 @ 10/28/14 08:37 PM
Graphically which looks better is subjective...you cant go wrong with either..live looks colorful and vibrant...but cartoonish (not a bad thing) 2k looks darker not so vibrant...but resembles human flesh tones better...both have hit n misses on face scans..just enjoy both art styles for what they are..because both have their times when they look beautiful in motion

There are no losers visually for fans of either

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 109 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 08:38 PM
I'm also not a fan of getting a foul called when I'm stationary holding L2 in front of a jump shooter. If I was jumping or moving toward the shooter I could see that....but it doesn't really make sense to me for that to be called a foul...seems like a bailout

# 110 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/28/14 08:48 PM
I don't want to knock anyone's enjoyment for the game, but this game is still YEARS behind where it should be. Animations & player movement have been a sore spot in Live for as long as I can remember & that is still the case with Live 15. To me the best part of the game is the ESPN broadcast package. The game still has that wonky arcady feel that Live is known for. Some may prefer this type of game but it's not up to par in my opinion. If this were Live 11 then it would be jugded differently but being that it's almost 2015 we should expect better. I personally feel like some are burned out from not having competition in so long that they are willing to overlook a lot of the games issues & over hype the improvements. This game looks & feels like a PS3 game to me. I want Live to succeed but they need some drastic improvements mainly with the animations & AI.

# 111 BL8001 @ 10/28/14 08:49 PM
Yeah 24th to me that seems post patch.

I didn't see that happen much before the patch last night but then 3 times in the first game I played post patch.

And the same way too, just standing there on D, no contact. I watched the replay because it was a crucial time when the CPU was up 2. Couldn't find a foul. They went up 4 on the two made free throws.

To me this means they should be able to fix this, and hopefully turn on the occasional cpu reach in foul. I haven't even seen the CPU go for a steal in early access or full game.

# 112 sroz39 @ 10/28/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm also not a fan of getting a foul called when I'm stationary holding L2 in front of a jump shooter. If I was jumping or moving toward the shooter I could see that....but it doesn't really make sense to me for that to be called a foul...seems like a bailout
Something I missed in my write-up is that there's too many fouls on jump shooters in general. Would love to see in a patch where they make it a little tougher to get to the hoop still, decrease fouls on jump shooters and increase fouls on drives.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 113 cam21224 @ 10/28/14 08:55 PM
Played two games in between running to gamestop.

My likes

* Pick up & play - Will come in handy for my Lil one.

* Sneakers they're dope and I'm not surprised it's always been a strong point for live

* Arena atmosphere is well done

* Fouls are called

* CPU shoots threes - pull up threes too

My only initial dislike, is the post game. The CPU posting up Big men who usually don't get too many touches down there and as someone who loves playing in the post, there is not enough signature differences down there. If they add to that and continue with this direction I'm all in.

I could of just picked it up free but decided to go with a shooter and an extra controller. I will definitely be picking this up over the holiday season tho, it'll mostly be for my son and a change of a pace for me.

# 114 DonWuan @ 10/28/14 09:03 PM
Just lost by 15 pts and didnt feel cheated and tons of fouls. Played the cavs vs thunder intro game. Ive never been good with either team/stars. Started on 9-0 run with thunder amd went down hill after.

Kyrie rocked me to freaking sleep. Walked the ball up very slowly to the 3pt line and it was drained. I was looking for the drive/pick and i guessed wrong.

Lebron.throw in post to love and cut to basket, dunk.

Cpu put some work in. Wish low post was a little smoother but didnt feel like i was playing on rails.

Good year for open minded bball players.

Game looks great and online videos doea this game no justice.

Dont know how they translate in game but i love Lives shooting ratings. Shooters are shooters, bums are bums

# 115 BL8001 @ 10/28/14 09:14 PM
Explain the horrible.

I would like to know.

# 116 DonWuan @ 10/28/14 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Explain the horrible.

I would like to know.
Probably the name on the front of the box.

Normally starts there.

# 117 thedream2k13 @ 10/28/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I only have one game in so far. Not sure if I'm going to buy it or not yet, but my first impression is that offensive rebounds happen too frequently and alley oops are too easy. Anyone else experiencing the same? Other than that I think the game plays pretty realistically, more so than 2k15 imo.
Until I can pull various post moves, have full control of my dribble moves , choose which hand I want to attempt a layup with , choose which side of the rim I want to finish my eurostep, etc etc I know which plays more realistically. Live will catch up once they start giving more offensive controls and less simplistic double button tap moves

# 118 DonnyArchie @ 10/28/14 09:22 PM
aw man, its bad enough theres no multiple user teams and only sticking with one team but at least last year I could switch between the two teams..not this year..now you're literally stick with one team

# 119 swac07 @ 10/28/14 09:28 PM
Live plays decent bball..but realistically than 2k....nope..lets be honest...its too limited right now...movements/shots etc...maybe in the future..let live make babysteps 1st before these big claims

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 120 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860
thats why the game has sliders...never said that you cant cheese in 2k..but atleast every player feels like themselves when you play...nba live is like an arcade game selling at full price...this gameplay is so horrible i honestly dont understand why some of you people are vouching for this game...i guess this is a game for casual fans

Man if people are enjoying the game, that's just what it is. Theres nothing to really understand...everyone has their own preference. Hopefully after this initial week the majority of posts won't read like a "what I don't like about 2k" monologue and we can start to really dig into LIVE and get some feedback though, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Probably the name on the front of the box.

Normally starts there.

This is irony at its finest though

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.