Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JoeDog10 @ 10/28/14 09:33 PM
I love how the CPU will set screens for you without even having to call them on your own. I'm trying out CP3, and the first possession Jordan came and set a screen for me. Next time down, Griffin did. Just awesome.

# 122 Lakers 24 7 @ 10/28/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Until I can pull various post moves, have full control of my dribble moves , choose which hand I want to attempt a layup with , choose which side of the rim I want to finish my eurostep, etc etc I know which plays more realistically. Live will catch up once they start giving more offensive controls and less simplistic double button tap moves
I know where you're coming from, Live definitely lacks the animations and player uniqueness that 2k has. But, for me and maybe others that doesn't exactly make a game more realistic. Was 2k not realistic prior to them implementing signature styles and a load of animations? 2k was a very authentic product well before those things were implemented, so there's a lot more to it than just that. Unfortunately though I think 2k has favored arcade over sim lately, but that's just my opinion.

While 2k nails the things you mentioned, they fall short in other areas that hurts the authenticity of the game. For instance, 3 point shots are far too easy, contested shots (if you do something fancy on the stick) also fall too often, and the mid-range spot-up game in 2k isn't anywhere near as realistic as it is in Live. Oh and 2k doesn't work, so there's that as well.

Personally I'll take substance over the flash that 2k offers. It looks more realistic, but it's not a better representation of the core game.

# 123 Lakers 24 7 @ 10/28/14 09:43 PM
Also when reading some of these negative reviews from new members, just keep in mind that disinformation campaigns are practiced outside of politics. I know for a fact it happens in gaming.

# 124 nick_sr @ 10/28/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You can select who you want to be drafted by.
I did. I accepted the trade for Patrick Patterson. Was hoping to get drafted by the ucks or wolves

# 125 JoeDog10 @ 10/28/14 09:46 PM
I'm really impressed at how well Automotion works this year, not only for the CPU, but for the user controlled teams as well.

I'm getting hooked.

# 126 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 10:10 PM
Seeing all 3's & PIP from the CPU on AS...this is the Rockets here in a half....and all of those 3's are form James Harden right in my grill..

# 127 DonWuan @ 10/28/14 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seeing all 3's & PIP from the CPU on AS...this is the Rockets here in a half....and all of those 3's are form James Harden right in my grill..

Step your defense up playa.

Im just kidding, Nets just tore me up in practice. Luckily couldnt keep track of the score.

# 128 nick_sr @ 10/28/14 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
I'm really impressed at how well Automotion works this year, not only for the CPU, but for the user controlled teams as well.

I'm getting hooked.
Was thinking the same thing earlier lol. Its going to suck for guys play for the first time and don't understand you need to turn the option on smh

Ea could have done amazing things with this game I'd theyallowed sliders and editing.

I know its only day one but this has moved past live 10 and 2k11 as mybfav basketball game ever!!!!!

You guys need to get out of that negative mindset and really learn the game. Live 15 is a great game!!

# 129 bateman11 @ 10/28/14 10:24 PM
If this game had a global ratings editor... oh boy.

I'm enjoying it but It's a little too easy. And it sucks we cant do anything to fix it.

# 130 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/28/14 10:26 PM
1st off......this game is VERY HARD to find. 3 stores, no luck. 2 of the stores got no copies in at all, another didn't even know EA was releasing a basketball game this year, they thought it was canceled. 3rd store only got 10 copies in and 7 of them were pre-orders. So I ended up doing the digital download off the PS4.

Graphically this game is insane.....The amount of sweat you see on players bodies just after a few minutes of running up and down the court is AMAZING. They have it on their face, shoulders, arms, hands, just crazy. Gives it a more realistic look to the game. Presentation over all is amazing. I like the highlight reel system and the top replays available after every quarter. IMO presentation is where NBA 2K lacking way behind in when it comes to other sports games.

First thing I notice was how much weight the players have. You feel it when you move, when you go the hole and when you bang for rebounds. Makes playing defensive very fun. With NBA 2K15 I feel as though I was skating on ice on both offense and defense.

Rebounding by your CPU teammates is outstanding. Another nod this game gets over NBA 2K15. Love the walk the ball up the court animation, it is the best I seen in a video game ever. I like the signature moves players have too. This game has more defensive options then NBA 2K15 as well. Atmosphere is amazing. Courts are down right gorgeous. Floor spacing is incredible.

Shooting takes a bit to get use to though. I do love the controls over all, EA kept it simple. Love the help side defense in this game. I see so many blocks by my CPU teammates on help side D. I also love the fact after they block the shot, they GO AFTER THE BALL and not just let it go out of bounds. I was floored and amazed the 1st time I saw this. In NBA 2K15 for weeks I felt as though help side D didn't exist and you rarely saw blocks period from your CPU teammates.

I will say if you sag too far off the ball handler they will pull up and pop a J in a heartbeat. But if you crowd a fast guy too much, he will blow by you. Well done EA.......

9.5 out of 10. Even without sliders, this game plays one hell of a game of basketball. It's presentation package is only bested by MLB The Show. Live is back and back in a big way.

# 131 RipCityAndy @ 10/28/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1st off......this game is VERY HARD to find. 3 stores, no luck. 2 of the stores got no copies in at all, another didn't even know EA was releasing a basketball game this year, they thought it was canceled. 3rd store only got 10 copies in and 7 of them were pre-orders. So I ended up doing the digital download off the PS4.

Graphically this game is insane.....The amount of sweat you see on players bodies just after a few minutes of running up and down the court is AMAZING. They have it on their face, shoulders, arms, hands, just crazy. Gives it a more realistic look to the game. Presentation over all is amazing. I like the highlight reel system and the top replays available after every quarter. IMO presentation is where NBA 2K lacking way behind in when it comes to other sports games.

First thing I notice was how much weight the players have. You feel it when you move, when you go the hole and when you bang for rebounds. Makes playing defensive very fun. With NBA 2K15 I feel as though I was skating on ice on both offense and defense.

Rebounding by your CPU teammates is outstanding. Another nod this game gets over NBA 2K15. Love the walk the ball up the court animation, it is the best I seen in a video game ever. I like the signature moves players have too. This game has more defensive options then NBA 2K15 as well. Atmosphere is amazing. Courts are down right gorgeous. Floor spacing is incredible.

Shooting takes a bit to get use to though. I do love the controls over all, EA kept it simple. Love the help side defense in this game. I see so many blocks by my CPU teammates on help side D. I also love the fact after they block the shot, they GO AFTER THE BALL and not just let it go out of bounds. I was floored and amazed the 1st time I saw this. In NBA 2K15 for weeks I felt as though help side D didn't exist and you rarely saw blocks period from your CPU teammates.

I will say if you sag too far off the ball handler they will pull up and pop a J in a heartbeat. But if you crowd a fast guy too much, he will blow by you. Well done EA.......

9.5 out of 10. Even without sliders, this game plays one hell of a game of basketball. It's presentation package is only bested by MLB The Show. Live is back and back in a big way.
Great to hear! I bought it full price. I was in the vast minority that really enjoyed Live 14 last year so 15 was a no brainer. Plus, Lillard is on the cover so I couldn't pass it up. I should be getting my copy tomorrow.

# 132 LingeringRegime @ 10/28/14 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Great impressions. This may have put me over the edge. Can't wait to try it.

# 133 Oldhead80 @ 10/28/14 10:38 PM
Got a chance to download the game when I got home from work about 2 hours ago. Really like some of the movement and dribbling responsiveness. Again, stadium lighting is impressive. A bit disappointed by the overall visuals when you get it on the big screen though. Jerseys look bad and low-res up close and everything from the crowd to the cameramen and sideline folks looks VERY low-poly and low texture. Colors are vibrant but not realistic and skin tones and the texture of the skin itself looks off. Having said that, some of the face scans are excellent...but on the whole I don't think Live comes close to 2k from a graphics standpoint. As far as the gameplay...I love the pick and roll game. It feels very organic and you have real sense of control. Dribbling and shooting feel solid (I got used to the quicker releases fairly quickly). The building blocks are there, which is the most important thing. Defensively I felt like I could move and make quick changes of direction with minimal sliding. Blocks are like NBA Jam...not realistic AT ALL.

Overall it's a solid game going by the demo. Some things I like, some things that are typical EA and not a representation of authentic b-ball...going by the responses here I think this mix of sim elements and arcade-like gameplay may be what EA should stick with, as a lot of you are having a great time with the game and that's the most important thing.

# 134 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/14 10:41 PM
How do you get the "popper" on the pick and pop to pop inside of the 3 poor line?

# 135 sirjam @ 10/28/14 10:46 PM
I played the demo earlier. I wasn't to impressed. In fact if the retail game looks like the demo I will not buy this game for 60 bucks

# 136 DonWuan @ 10/28/14 10:55 PM
I would like if rhey moved the shooting up a notch. Great should be slightly early, and slightly late should be great etc.

# 137 bigeastbumrush @ 10/28/14 10:55 PM
Game is a blast. That ESPN camera is a thing of beauty.

Wish there were sliders for game speed and dunks in traffic (they're too powerful). I also wish there were more moves in the post.

But overall, this is what NBA Live 11 should've been.

Blocking shots feels rewarding. Getting and-1s feels rewarding. Full 12 minute quarters feels rewarding.

They have areas that still need fine tuning but the foundation is extremely solid this go round.

EA really shot themselves in the foot by not showcasing this game earlier.

# 138 TreyIM2 @ 10/28/14 11:17 PM
Quick impression of the PS4 demo - Intrigued! Only played a full game and a little of the first qtr of my second but I am definitely intrigued by what's there and it's FUN to play. I think I will end up with the full game around Black Friday cuz I know this will be somewhere with a nice deal for it. I want to see what kinds of updates come out as the next few months pass.

# 139 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/28/14 11:19 PM
Finally played the demo . I like it and it's fun. Even more fun than 2k for me. The graphics are really nice and realistic . Also I feel like I can play defense. I like the walk up animations and saw some other contextual things that are nice. My favorite part is I never really felt I was stuck in an animation. Game is hard but that's on my part, Live is back IMO!

... But still has work to do . I saw a lot of clipping didn't notice a lot of ball morphing but players clipping through each other happened quite a bit. Also the animations take away from the graphics ! They need more animations ! I Definitely think it's worth picking up but idk about at a 60 price need more playtime

# 140 XenoZograscope @ 10/28/14 11:29 PM
I got to play the demo tonight and it was quite refreshing to a certain extent imo. Graphics are clean, nice presentation and the controls are solid. Like others have said, it would be nice to have some sliders to adjust the game tempo etc.

I still couldn't see myself paying $60 for this so I'll wait this one out for a while, Call of Duty is about to drop in a few days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.