Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 harrybawls @ 10/29/14 06:52 AM
I find the free throws way too easy. Just kind of quickly press and release no matter the player and it goes in.

# 162 Gosens6 @ 10/29/14 06:52 AM
Played the demo, cavs vs thunder before work, and I won't lie, there are some things I really like about this game.

Pros:

*The graphics do look pretty good, specifically the arenas

* I went in worrying that the animations would completely kill the game play for me, but they're surprisingly smooth and executed well.

* The pace and flow is definitely something I can dig, fast breaks seem to happen at appropriate times, and teams aren't always looking to push into the paint.

* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

* When the paint physics work, they look pretty awesome.

* Guys who should be shooting, are shooting. Durant and Westbrook dominated the ball, and Kendrick Perkins took 0 shots. I like that.

* The commentary is top notch, but that just could be because I wanna hear something different.

* I like the smoothness and feel of the players. No noticeable sliding and you can really feel the weight and momentum at times.

Cons:

* Contact in the paint isn't as frequent as it needs to be.

* 3 pointers go in at an alarming rate for both the user and cpu.

* Not enough fouls called

* Not enough contact in the paint, which in turn causes not enough fouls to be called.

* On offense, players don't move around enough, it feels like I had to play hero ball every possession.

If EA could clean up some of the flaws I have listed, I would purchase this game and I know I would have fun with it.

Let me ask you guys with the full retail game a few questions. Are the 3 point shooting % sky high? Is there more contact and more fouls? Also, is there a way to set up auto plays to get some movement out of my teammates?

If the answer to these questions are yes, I can see myself picking up this game today.

# 163 AtomicCity42 @ 10/29/14 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The more I play the game and learn the controls the more fun I have . Playing on superstar .

I really think the game settings by default should be:
ESPN Camera
Auto Replays on
Breakaway Cam on
Post-Whistle Pace normal
Auto Motion Calling
Auto timeouts

I'm don't understand why have that stuff off it adds so much more to the game
Preciate it gonna try that

# 164 ExtremeGamer @ 10/29/14 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I noticed I am getting an "a error has occurred" message after the "connecting to the EA servers screen....is 1.01 the most recent version I'm supposed to have on PS4? I'm hoping that's what it is because a lot of issues are chipping away at the "fun" factor for me,.,

I honestly felt more comfortable shooting in Live 14....it at least tried to replicate releasing at the top of your jump...these odd release points kill me, because the shots themselves look great. I also don't get the logic of the meter, I missed a free throw with a great release last night....how much better can I get than that? lol

Outside of blocking...which is rewarding, I'm not enjoying defense at all....Is there a defensive tutorial I'm missing in Learn Live? I didn't see one. That would explain a lot though. The CPU (I'm in AS/SS) hits a ton of 3's...a good bit with a hand in its face. Does LT contesting not qualify as a valid contest? Blazers just went 5/5 on my in the first. All contested. All I'm seeing is 3's and taking advantage of a lot of untouchable animations in the paint from the A.I.
Error code WS-37321-6? Same thing I keep getting and can't find anything for it.

# 165 LingeringRegime @ 10/29/14 06:56 AM
There are foul sliders. I turned all mine up to 100 and I am seeing more fouls. Not as much as I would like but it is better.

# 166 The 24th Letter @ 10/29/14 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Error code WS-37321-6? Same thing I keep getting and can't find anything for it.

Yeah that's the same one in getting.

I figured it was due to the PSN stuff when I got it yesterday...but I'm still getting it this morning...

# 167 ExtremeGamer @ 10/29/14 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah that's the same one in getting.

I figured it was due to the PSN stuff when I got it yesterday...but I'm still getting it this morning...
Same one I'm getting, I'm hoping that fixes and that the digital version doesn't keep asking me to buy the game. It's getting annoying.

# 168 rudyjuly2 @ 10/29/14 07:51 AM
Just played one game of the demo this morning and it was a lot of fun. It does feel like a next gen version of Live 10. The graphics look great although the jersey flapping a bit overdone. Shot release timing is early but not hard to adjust to although I struggled with Kyrie on free throws. Loved the EA Broadcast camera. Not quite sure how to play defence and boxing out is tough. Quite a few fouls called on default.

Overall it was a very fun first demo. Still can't believe how much better it was over 14. Don't know why they didn't hype the game more and release earlier footage. I'm a casual fan so take these comments from my perspective.

Have to post my video of cpu Westbrook dunking on me. It was awesome. I won by 2 on Pro (don't hate!) after being down by 9. Lots of fun.

# 169 El_Poopador @ 10/29/14 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Thoughts from the demo:
+Graphics are fantastic, especially the colors - clearer and brighter presentation than the competition, love the bump mapping on the uniforms - has a textured cloth look, nice.
+Fun to play - seeing LeBron and KD, they play like they do in real life - interesting to watch them in the flow of the game
+Pick and roll, play calling and other aspects of the game - easy to grasp, yet difficult to master
+atmosphere is great, loved when the Thunder had a white out game, yet about 20 Cleveland fans were wearing red and yellow in the crowd
+Swishing of the net is amazing, never gets old - animation and sound wise

-Massive clipping throughout, absolutely horrendous
-Nowhere near as intricate and in-depth as its counterpart (injuries, roster edits, play calling, modes, commentary etc.) it's extremely limited
-Animations are somewhat stilted at times
-Only one player comes out for player introductions - honestly, looks lame
-Point guard dominated to a degree
-Did I mention clipping, hahaha
-AI logic - lack of, at times
-Too easy to steal from the AI
-Overall post play (more in-depth than what it appears once you try the advanced moves, though way too many hook shots and odd animations in the post game)
-Blocks are fun, though they are a little over the top, though not by much
-Often hard to stop the AI on drives to the paint, can be done - though defensively it seems not as complex and diverse at its counterpart

All that said, I enjoy playing it, probably more so than its competition, it's a lot of fun, though it's so bare bone feature wise it's hard to logically select it knowing that it's so limiting. The inability to alter and edit players and lineups is the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment.
Just wanted to mention those two points. The ease of stealing from the CPU seems to have been toned down after the patch.

Regarding defending the drive, you really have to use angles when trying to defend faster players. Da_Czar made a defensive tips video about this in 2k a couple years ago, but the same principles apply here.

I was able to hold Westbrook to 17 points this way, and he only really got past me a few times.

# 170 Walt Frazier @ 10/29/14 08:16 AM
Played a few games of the demo....the first five mins I was completely underwhelmed, but then it starts to grow on you. Saw some really nice LBJ and K Love pick and pop plays from the CPU. Spacing is great. Arena sounds are brilliant.

Defense is lacking though and there is no CPU mid range game. Synergy needs to save that aspect of it or this game will get old FAST.

Too early to tell whether I will buy it. If it had sliders I definiely would.

Hoping adjusting my defensive segttings will see the CPU take some mid range shots. If I take away the drive and 3 ball, surely that will open up the mid range game?

# 171 El_Poopador @ 10/29/14 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Played the demo, cavs vs thunder before work, and I won't lie, there are some things I really like about this game.

Pros:

*The graphics do look pretty good, specifically the arenas

* I went in worrying that the animations would completely kill the game play for me, but they're surprisingly smooth and executed well.

* The pace and flow is definitely something I can dig, fast breaks seem to happen at appropriate times, and teams aren't always looking to push into the paint.

* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

* When the paint physics work, they look pretty awesome.

* Guys who should be shooting, are shooting. Durant and Westbrook dominated the ball, and Kendrick Perkins took 0 shots. I like that.

* The commentary is top notch, but that just could be because I wanna hear something different.

* I like the smoothness and feel of the players. No noticeable sliding and you can really feel the weight and momentum at times.

Cons:

* Contact in the paint isn't as frequent as it needs to be.

* 3 pointers go in at an alarming rate for both the user and cpu.

* Not enough fouls called

* Not enough contact in the paint, which in turn causes not enough fouls to be called.

* On offense, players don't move around enough, it feels like I had to play hero ball every possession.

If EA could clean up some of the flaws I have listed, I would purchase this game and I know I would have fun with it.

Let me ask you guys with the full retail game a few questions. Are the 3 point shooting % sky high? Is there more contact and more fouls? Also, is there a way to set up auto plays to get some movement out of my teammates?

If the answer to these questions are yes, I can see myself picking up this game today.
You can turn on auto-motion to get players moving on offense, but if you want to run a set play, you have to call it yourself. Three pointers do still seem a little high, but I imagine they'll tone it down soon with a tuning update.

# 172 Walt Frazier @ 10/29/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

Great post...I agree with almost everything you said.

I just wanted to highlight the kick outs because they are CRUCIAL to getting the flow of a real basketball game / second chance possessions.

2K has "auto put backs" this year as we all know...absolutely kills the flow and messes up all the stats. LIVE has got the balance right and it adds so much to the flow of the game.

This is very ironic as 2K14 had it right........whilst LIVE 14 had auto put backs. Very strange. Glad LIVE got it right at last. No idea how the other game messed it up so badly.

# 173 LingeringRegime @ 10/29/14 08:39 AM
I switched replays to Auto, but yet I see no replays.

# 174 LingeringRegime @ 10/29/14 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You can turn on auto-motion to get players moving on offense, but if you want to run a set play, you have to call it yourself. Three pointers do still seem a little high, but I imagine they'll tone it down soon with a tuning update.
Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering why there was no play art when I switched auto motion on.

# 175 rudyjuly2 @ 10/29/14 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Hoping adjusting my defensive settings will see the CPU take some mid range shots. If I take away the drive and 3 ball, surely that will open up the mid range game?
Serious question - how many midrange jump shots do you want to see? Do you define that as 15' to inside the 3 point line? Based on that definition I see that Steph Curry took 40% of his shots in that range, Dirk 35%, Kyrie Irving took 26%, Lebron 19% and Durant only 18%.

(That's just by subtracting the 3 point shot and inside 15' shots from total shot attempts on the web http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.htm...PerMode=Totals).

# 176 Mintsa @ 10/29/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Ok cool. If you get a sec. Also, how's the fatigue online ? Do starters get tired? Do bench players get some burn?
24th Letter,

when you get a chance can you answer these questions. The previous questions were about stats/stat tracking online. Thanks man.

# 177 cjallure24 @ 10/29/14 09:24 AM
I downloaded the free trial on XB1, and played almost all 6 hours in one sitting. I don't know if it was just something different from 2K, but this game is pretty solid. I'm leaning towards picking it up. I may trade in my COD:Ghost and my spare 360 for it. I think with some slider tweaks, this could be a very fun game.

# 178 The 24th Letter @ 10/29/14 09:31 AM
Sorry Mintsa, rotations were on point in the 5-6 games i played, and my bench got plenty of burn. It was really well done, actually.

I didn't see a dedicated place to view stats, so I attempted to look under my profile in the leader board section. It took about 4-5 minutes to load so I backed out of it. I will try again today now that PSN's servers are back stable.

# 179 Walt Frazier @ 10/29/14 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I think with some slider tweaks, this could be a very fun game.
Just so you know...there are no sliders.

# 180 JoeDog10 @ 10/29/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
My impressions come after playing the game for 3 days straight without playing any of the "other game" to rid myself of the controls. Im a hoops junkie. I could care less who makes what game. I loved inside drive despite how ugly it was because it was re-defining basketball gaming.

Initially after getting the early access I could not make it through an entire game. I came here to see what others thought of it and to my utter shock guys were generally happy with it.

Im a basketball enthusiast and gameplay first kinda guy. I thought this engine, with it's generic framework, would make a good college game. I can admit that Im in the minority of the "other games" online issues not being my issue. So im not living in frustration. I dont primarily play online.

I've come to understand that for the most part people here have an anti "the other game" stance. That this is not about basketball. This is not about the best representation of the sport.

It's about being tied to live since I was ".....years old"
It's about being bored with the "other game"
It's about being or feeling something different
It's about liking the shoes better or the colors better
It's about liking the unrealistically shiny courts better
It's about liking the unrealistic crowd chants at any random time better

Really it's about not wanting the most authentic nba experience. I was so dissapointed that for the most part guys are in here defending a mediocre game for some weird agenda. Although "the other game" isn't perfect. It's not about perfection. Its about attempting to represent nba basketball at its best.

Live's lack of animations and transitions should not be given a pass. The lack of signature style and movements should not be given a pass. Guys that say this game is like a ps2 game are not exaggerating. It really does feel that way in many respects.

It is a marked improvement over the travesty that was released last year. That much is true. And if you dislike the "other game" well, there you go. But to act like this game is up to the standard set by the "other game" is not reasonable. Hell, even they admit that.

What I have learned is that there is a segment of OS that doesn't want a game to be a SIM. And that is something I never thought I would see.

I'd give live 15 a 6/10
I'm not sure that guys in here are saying that Live is better than 2K - at least the guys that I respect/trust when it comes to their impressions of the game. I love 2K this year, but I can tell that I'm going to love this game as well. To argue that the OVERALL experience of Live is better than 2K would be ridiculous. The graphics, gameplay, modes, depth of those modes, animations, etc. are much better in 2K when you look at it as a whole. I think that most would agree with that.

But, the reason that myself (and I think some of the other guys) enjoy Live - and maybe even prefer it (that doesn't mean it's better) in some cases is because there are some aspects that it does better than 2K. And while they are little things, those little things do matter to some people more than others. In my opinion, here are some of those things:

Arenas
- Each arena is beautifully replicated, along with customized stadium sounds and energetic crowds. There's a big difference in "feel" when you're playing at home as opposed to on the road. And each away game also feels different - the atmosphere is totally immersive.

Color
- Live's graphics aren't as good as 2K's, but the colors really pop and draw you in.

Presentation
- ESPN-style presentation/camera is outstanding. When you combine this with the arenas and the colors, it's very easy to lose yourself in the game.

Automotion
- This is really well implemented this year. While the CPU AI isn't as team specific as 2K, the player movement of Automotion is outstanding. Guys like Pau Gasol don't always camp on the low block every time down. I don't have to call a play to get different types of movement. Also - and this has always been one of my big pet peeves of 2K - when guys come around screens in Live, they don't automatically drift either outside the 3-point line or with one foot on the line. They will actually come off screens tighter and stay inside the 3-point line, actually allowing you to take a mid-range jumper.

Post Game
- 2K has an insane amount of post moves and animations that are beautiful to watch. But what good are they when I can take any post player - let's just say Kendrick Perkins - and back down Dwight Howard every single time until I'm a foot away from the basket for an easy hook shot? While the post moves are limited and sometimes ugly in Live, it's also a much more physical "experience" because you can't just do whatever you want down there. Guys that are tough to back down are actually tough to back down.

Offensive Rebounding
- Sliders do help this in 2K, though it's still ridiculous. Not only are the offensive rebounding numbers insanely high, but they put the shots back up off the rebound every single time. I saw someone else mention this and I'm glad they did, but in Live, they will actually kick the ball back out. Even though that's a little thing, that is a HUGE deal when it comes to a realistic experience.

And when it comes to "sim" as you mentioned above, a game is only as sim as you want to play it. I don' think either 2K or Live are sim games. But, they can both be played as a sim should you choose to play that way. That's why Live having sliders would help tremendously. But, the idea that 2K gameplay trumps live when it comes to a sim experience simply isn't true.

I didn't want to make this into a 2K/Live debate, but it seems like that's the best way for people to understand how Live stacks up. 2K does a lot of things better than Live does, but this is the Live forum, so I'm highlighting why I enjoy Live. Luckily, I have both games so I'm able to enjoy each of them for different reasons.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.