Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch 1.05 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, weighing in a just over 1GB. It includes quite a few gameplay adjustments and 3 new fighters: Diego Sanchez, Michael Chiesa and Hector Lombard.

Some of the details are available in the image above, but much more information about the patch can be seen here, at the EA Forums. Below are just a few of the details.
  • Stamina Burn: A new “Stamina Burn” system has now been implemented to help counter consecutive single-type strike combos.
  • Stamina Regeneration: A pause has been added to stamina regeneration for the attacking fighter if their takedown is successfully denied.
  • Gegard Mousasi in Middleweight Division: Gegard Mousasi is now also available for play in EA SPORTS UFC’s Middleweight division.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sportsfan8812 @ 10/29/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There will be more content updates. I think both Brian and Jazz have mentioned this in various places so I feel comfortable answering you, otherwise I wouldn't have
Haha awesome. Thank you sir!

# 22 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/29/14 05:00 PM
At this point, I am just looking forward to 2016. What this game needs badly is fighter specific type of throws and move sets. Glad to see Diego and Hector finally in the game. However with the lack of variety of throws and take downs in this game, Diego and Hector don't feel like themselves.

And I hope 2016 UFC has a photo mode or manual instant replay.

# 23 RumbleCard @ 10/29/14 05:04 PM
My early impressions are positive. Not quite as drastic as I had hoped for but much improved.

I did have a guy spam through me with 138 punches in the first 4 minutes. I just couldn't get away. But it was only that one time.

Otherwise I have seen a lot of these spammers take a beating after whiffing 6 hooks in a row.

These guys who punch into thin air are affected a bit more than guys who are blocked. So if you can get them to swing away and not make contact you got a good chance to take advantage of that with a well placed counter.

Overall I think the game is pretty well balanced.

# 24 ERA @ 10/29/14 05:10 PM
I'm glad to see Mousasi in MW. I remember I said something about it in the previous patches' thread, and Jazz responded with 'working on it'.

I love this team.

I can't wait to play with Diego!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 25 Pappy Knuckles @ 10/29/14 05:46 PM
The art team really captured Lombards stumpy little legs. I got a kick out of using him.

# 26 DaveDQ @ 10/29/14 05:50 PM
Fighter specifics would be great. More depth in the offline mode, and even online, for that matter would be welcomed.

The jab in this game is what I wanted in FNC. It is something else, watching it work defensively and setting up combos with it.

I also feel like the controls are the tightest so far. The ground game can be muddy but overall everything is very tight.

# 27 sportsfan8812 @ 10/29/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I'm glad to see Mousasi in MW. I remember I said something about it in the previous patches' thread, and Jazz responded with 'working on it'.

I love this team.

I can't wait to play with Diego, and also play Kennedy vs. Romero 2.

Romero isn't in this update though

# 28 ERA @ 10/29/14 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Romero isn't in this update though
Lmao wow... I thought it said Romero instead of Lombard. I have no idea why but I always seem to get them mixed around...

# 29 scottyo60 @ 10/29/14 06:41 PM
Just dropping in to say thank you for the update. I bought this for 40 a few weeks after it came out and has been in constant rotation ever since. Continued support has meant the world of difference in keeping it or trading it.

# 30 PhiPsi1 @ 10/29/14 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
Make sure you order online for pick up. In store they have priced at 39.99 and wouldn't price match the website. This happened to me on Monday. Went to target instead (59.99 there) but they price matched at 29.99.

I ordered it online and actually thought it was a mistake at $29.99 b/c when I asked at the counter if it is still $59.99, he said 'yep'...So definitely at this price and its 'new'...it is a steal!

# 31 PhiPsi1 @ 10/29/14 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Thanks!

Yeah, $30 is a great deal. You're only $10 more than the EA employee discounted price

And to think.....there may be a 'new' offline mode in the future.... *fingers crossed*

Lookin' forward to gettin' our kids to bed, lockin' myself in the man cave, and get my UFC fix!!!! @WARConorMcGregor *yes...I'm a fanboy...and proud of it! LOL!

# 32 Chef Matt @ 10/29/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
I ordered it online and actually thought it was a mistake at $29.99 b/c when I asked at the counter if it is still $59.99, he said 'yep'...So definitely at this price and its 'new'...it is a steal!
Absolutely when I played the demo then saw it on sale I was thinking "this is meant to be in my playstation". Crazy good steal.

Now I just wish my buddies had a ps4 so we can share play. We spent countless afternoons after work playing fight night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
And to think.....there may be a 'new' offline mode in the future.... *fingers crossed*

Lookin' forward to gettin' our kids to bed, lockin' myself in the man cave, and get my UFC fix!!!! @WARConorMcGregor *yes...I'm a fanboy...and proud of it! LOL!

Just wish I didn't have to work so early or I'd be doing the same thing. Kids to bed me to bed

...I'm surprised with how popular UFC is that there's not more action here. Imo this sports game is in a class of its own.

# 33 ram4x4marc @ 10/29/14 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I owned Madden 15 and currently own NBA 2k15. EA Sports UFC is my favorite sports game to come out this year and it's the only one I have fun playing and will be playing for the next yr.
I completely agree. No matter which games I bought this year, the fact the NHL and UFC continue to be updated for the better. I know NHL catches heat everywhere but the game plays amazing. UFC patches have been incredible, and the fact they do it for FREE is even better. WWE 2k15 coming out and it costs an extra $25 for all the added guys. People who bash EA habitually are probably missing these big things that really show the replay value of some of these games. No need for a UFC every year when they do this for months after...thanks

# 34 sportsfan8812 @ 10/29/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
Lmao wow... I thought it said Romero instead of Lombard. I have no idea why but I always seem to get them mixed around...

I feel you though. Romero and Bermudez are the two that i'm dying for.

# 35 Chef Matt @ 10/29/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram4x4marc
No need for a UFC every year when they do this for months after...thanks

I seriously can not agree with this more. I love baseball and mlb the show. But I went to a two year buy cycle. The game is so good I'm cool with not buying another year.

The problem is they stop supporting so soon and on my second year I'm relegated to my own changes. And forget about cross play with the vita. They kill that too.

# 36 DaveDQ @ 10/30/14 07:55 AM
I'm really enjoying the flow of the game now. Seriously considering an offline career now.

For online, I still think the amount of thrown strikes and the stopping power of strikes need to be addressed. Stopping power needs to be just that.

# 37 owensch1 @ 10/30/14 10:44 AM
I was playing a guy yesterday and he kept continuing to take me down. Take me down, I'd get up, he'd take me down, I'd get up. This went on the entire match and I was so frustrated!! The takedowns seem a little unfair, I could only block about 3 of his 20+ attempts. I think the takedowns need to be addressed. Maybe be a big stamina loss for takedown attempts. This is very unrealistic.

# 38 aholbert32 @ 10/30/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensch1
I was playing a guy yesterday and he kept continuing to take me down. Take me down, I'd get up, he'd take me down, I'd get up. This went on the entire match and I was so frustrated!! The takedowns seem a little unfair, I could only block about 3 of his 20+ attempts. I think the takedowns need to be addressed. Maybe be a big stamina loss for takedown attempts. This is very unrealistic.
I have no issues at all with defending takedowns on or offline.

# 39 owensch1 @ 10/30/14 11:53 AM
What's your key in stuffing them? I'm terrible.

# 40 Hayman19 @ 10/30/14 02:19 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I updated my PS4's system and saw this downloading as well. Lombard is a great addition(Although I would have liked if he could fight at Middleweight too) plus Diego(not sure how he didnt make the cut earlier) and Chiesa are great updates.

I agree with most of you in saying EA should stick to releasing sports games every 2 years and constantly updating them. I really hope they continue using the same fighter models as well so for EA UFC 2 they dont have to redo the models and can add guys who aren't in the game now. Imagine them adding 30 new fighters for the next one? I would be in heaven as this game as come a LONG, LONG way from the demo in just a matter of months and plays great.

There are still a few quibbles here and there but I wouldn't be surprised if they got taken care of. I cannot remember a game released by EA that has gotten this much better since launch via updates, they really have done a great job.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.