Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The latest patch finally stabilized NBA 2K15's troublesome MyPark mode and fixed the frequent dashboard crashes that had been disrupting online sessions since release day.

But even now, with MyPark mostly working as intended, the overall experience remains more frustrating than fun.

Developer Visual Concepts seems insistent on distancing this mode from expected "competitive online multiplayer" norms like pre-game lobbies and identical team uniforms. Yet MyPark's inefficient match-finding system and style-over-function design fail to justify all these unnecessary deviations from online gaming's traditions.

Read More - NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jadakiss88 @ 11/04/14 11:38 AM
I agree with the Rep thing however I don't think players should be able to grade you on your performance for the fact that some people (especially the one's that hog the ball and make the dumbest decisions) think everyone else on their team sucks.

It should be graded soley on performance giving less weight to volume shooting and more to making smart plays, involving your teammates and playing good defense (whenever 2k can figure out how to punish these players that run around behind the three point line until they lose their defender) MyPark needs to be more risk reward instead of win/loss. I know I am a good player, great support player and can be relied on to score but I realize when I have better offensive options I keep them involved the entire game so I don't have to bare the burden of putting up 15 points by myself.

And going back to the reason why players shouldn't be allowed to rate their teammates, players that hog the ball should be severely penalized especially if their team loses. To deter players from hogging the ball give them a small boost in rep if they win and a huge hit in rep when they lose. If 2k would take the entire game into consideration instead of style in MYPark solid players wouldn't suffer so much in the Rep department and games will become alot more competitve.

# 2 NicVirtue @ 11/04/14 11:47 AM
Completely expressed my feelings. Knowing your shot offline means nothing, cause once you step into the realms of park, you have to hope and pray the game let's you hit a wide open uncontested shot. It's not because of skill. It's because of the unbearable lag. Or Maybe it's me. Because I actually try to set up the best possible shot to take, instead of sprinting down the court/running around in circles and splashing a 2. Maybe if I played that way my 90 something shooting will actually work. But I'm sure if Park ran like offline does, nobody would have a problem with their shots.

# 3 HypoLuxa13 @ 11/04/14 11:56 AM
My experience with MyPark, regardless of the matchmaking process, is that everybody just does their darndest to get to the hoop and dunk. That's it. Over and over and over again. Jump shots are 90% useless unless you can figure out the lag timing. 4 out of every 5 players cares about nothing except maxing their own scoring stats. Very little team work.

So I haven't touched MyPark in 2 weeks, not because it is hard to get a game started, but because it just is not fun at all.

Maybe I'm playing at the wrong times of day when there aren't any good players to team up with.

# 4 CHAPEdawg45 @ 11/04/14 11:57 AM
Honestly, I don't like MyPark. I play it but I don't like it. The "got next" feature is just poor for people who want to play 5 v 5, because you're forced to wait for an entire game to finish. The non coordinated uniforms can be a bother because it can be difficult to differentiate teammates most of the time. I feel MyPark is a cool concept but the execution isn't great. Bringing Crews back to the game would be awesome. It's just more organized and I can ball with friends on a whim without having to waste time hanging around watching a full game go on. It's just better.

# 5 CHAPEdawg45 @ 11/04/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
My experience with MyPark, regardless of the matchmaking process, is that everybody just does their darndest to get to the hoop and dunk. That's it. Over and over and over again. Jump shots are 90% useless unless you can figure out the lag timing. 4 out of every 5 players cares about nothing except maxing their own scoring stats. Very little team work.

So I haven't touched MyPark in 2 weeks, not because it is hard to get a game started, but because it just is not fun at all.

Maybe I'm playing at the wrong times of day when there aren't any good players to team up with.
This too ^

# 6 infam0us @ 11/04/14 12:49 PM
The regular park I have no issues with the waiting game, it doesn't last too long. The Jordan rec center is a mess when it comes to waiting. It's also frustrating because of affiliation, if it's not a championship week game let me play with whoever. I don't wanna wait for X amount of Flyers. I'll play with Rough Riders or Ballers, I just wanna play.

# 7 GuwopGeezus @ 11/04/14 01:02 PM
Great post. The lack of matchmaking and the teammate grading system absolutely kills this mode. You covered matchmaking above but I want to add that the balance in negative and positive teammate grade fluctuations needs to change. For example, if your teammate isn't guarding their man and you go contest the shot and your man gets the offensive rebound and scores then you lose almost a whole letter grade for "allow offensive rebound" and "allow man to score". 2k needs to recognize when you've switched to another man so that doesn't happen. Even worse, if you block your man's shot and he get's it back then that's a net negative play due to "allowing your man to get the rebound". Also, if you get fouled and lose the ball you lose points for losing the ball even though you got fouled? And you lose points for getting the ball knocked away but when you knock the ball away from the dribbler you don't gain anything?? I don't understand. On top of all that say you take the inbounds pass, go down and score, your grade might go up a millimeter if that. Basically, there needs to be a better balance, and the negative factors are weighted too heavily especially since often you're being penalized for something that isn't your fault. The teammate grading system works better in MyCareer games because you have CPU teammates but there needs to be a whole different system for the Park since you have human teammates.

# 8 Lid @ 11/04/14 01:11 PM
whoever idea it was to NOT let us see what quarter and time is left on jordan rec games should be flogged.

# 9 RipCityAndy @ 11/04/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lid
whoever idea it was to NOT let us see what quarter and time is left on jordan rec games should be flogged.
Yup... my only experience with the Jordan Rec Center has been standing on a circle waiting for a game to finish.

Bad execution with this game mode.

# 10 Khanchus @ 11/04/14 02:32 PM
full of so much potential ...frustrating on so many parts....

makes me not want to play online but its so much fun when it works!

# 11 T_M3 @ 11/04/14 03:53 PM
Agreed, we wait 20min for a game at J Rec only to find out that 1 or 2 guys quit during the previous game and there isn't enough guys to run..20+ mins wasted.

# 12 LD2k @ 11/04/14 06:04 PM
Lots of good feedback. We'll share with dev.

# 13 Hopsin @ 11/04/14 06:12 PM
I think only Jordan rec needs to be updated, The Park is perfectly fine to me besides the input lag. It's very easy to find a open park game, but difficult for the Jordan rec.
I do like the idea of a park where you can join random affiliation together, but I also feel like the affiliation thing is a good idea. Just needs to be improved.

# 14 ILLSmak @ 11/04/14 06:33 PM
I think they need something to make it so that the people separate. The mention of 'sim' for rec made me happy at first, but it's way too easy to do the same park trash.

Also apparently pushing someone from behind like in park is not a foul. They need to make that a foul in both. No reason people can just push you on the ground if you are the team's rebounder.

But yeah, they need to find a way to let all of the dudes who enjoy pretending to be the greatest bball player ever play together... and the dudes who want to actually play ball can play together.

You'd think something like sliders would work, but I dunno. It's hard to understand, admittedly, why there isn't a park for every slider set. And yea there is different cheese for each one, but it's that arcade stuff that upsets me. Dunks are stupid when everyone can do them on top of people. Not that there's any reason to dunk cuz you can just shoot 2s all day. heh.

-Smak

# 15 CoffeyN @ 11/04/14 07:12 PM
I am in a total love/hate relationship with MyPark. When its good its good, but by damn when its bad I want to throw my PS4 through my TV.

- Have a set of courts that allow anyone to play togethet regardless of faction. There is little as frustrating as having four guys ready to play and no more Ballers in sight but plenty of Flyers running around looking to play.

-Hide the player ratings. I hate that despite being a decent player some guys will come up to where I've got next, stop for a moment then run off to another court to do the same until they settle on one that just so happens to have some higher rated guys waitin. It's clear they're checking ratings. I think stats should be shown but no ratings.

-Squads coming in and taking the next game. If those guys could hear the things I have said through the mic when me and three others have been waiting for a fifth for 8 minutes then a squad of 5 comes in and takes the next game.

-Losing so much RP for a loss. I think once you level up it should only drop to the start of that level, not down to a previous level.

-I will say, the servers were great today. I had very very very little lag today. Most games I played were solid except for the slight input delay.

# 16 jaateloauto @ 11/04/14 07:20 PM
Crew mode.. maybe one day..

# 17 @marcusjiles @ 11/04/14 10:50 PM
Glad I dont play online. Yeesh.

# 18 JYoung28 @ 11/05/14 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Crew mode.. maybe one day..

Hopefully, we can finally get it next year. All most of us want is the old mode on this generation.

The Rec is a decent substitute, but the waiting for games and etc is terrible. We've been saying this before the game released. No way you can actually get a quick rec game in before work or school or etc for the most part.

# 19 CoffeyN @ 11/05/14 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Glad I dont play online. Yeesh.
I get that, but I have to say that you're missing out to an extent.

While I had to wait a while to get on at JRC only to have all of my teammates slowly drop while we were down a bunch, finally losing by 28 (ended with me being the only non AI player on my team while they were at full force.) I went from there to the street courts where me and two guys played 4 games together and went 2-2, even in the losses it was fun.

# 20 WaddupCouzin @ 11/05/14 09:15 AM
I'd like to see an empty court where you could shoot around or play a game of 21 while waiting for your game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.