Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

One of the strong points in NBA Live 15 is the audio heard within the game. More specifically, the team-specific crowd chants, music, SFX and announcer sound bites. They were also able to record exclusive audio from stadium organists and secure licenses for some of the hype music heard in some of the arenas.

Over the course of 3 months and 35 hours, the team captured audio from various arenas around the league with 24 mics, from three audio perspectives, in 7.1 Surround sound. While they don't have authentic arena atmosphere audio for every arena in the league, they are planning to get it done.

For more details, check out the blog and video explanation of the process.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The 24th Letter @ 11/10/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Is that six courts? Damn man your membership fee must be a small fortune? I need to come kick it with you on gym days haha

Runs about $60 a month I believe...

# 22 ChrisCP3Paul @ 11/11/14 01:43 AM
K I admit I'm probably too hard for them about the sound, for real though they did an OK job on the in game swish sounds.... they could be better, but they're playable... but when you're in the practice gym alone they are horrible, I think they do some sort of an echo thing and it just sounds horrible, like a hard thump/swoosh combo..

and yea the membership at the gym is around $60, but one time drop in fee is like $17 which is expensive, usually $4 at every other community centre in town... they got 2 ice rinks to the right and 2 more hard vinyl floors and a rock climbing wall over to the left, a weight room is actually on the balcony where the picture is taken from

# 23 rockchisler @ 11/11/14 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCP3Paul
I don't get it.... I don't get what you're saying at all..... to anyone watching a game ever on TV or in real life, you would know the sound is wrong and nevermind the fact that it's almost always identical, like they only captured 2 or 3 different swishes??

And I really lost you on the basketball and rim stuff you were talking, but just to humor you, I have been buying and playing with authentic Spalding basketballs since the late 90's, and my local gym I play at cost $600 million dollars to build so on a weekly almost daily basis I'm playing with an authentic ball in authentic arena with authentic goals (rim, backboard)

Also the numerous NBA games I've attended sitting just rows behind either the hoop or the player benches so trust me when I say this... and trust pretty much everyone else, they got the net sound completely wrong dude

this the gym I ball at

$178 million to build not $600 million and its not a local gym it was for the 2010 Olympics...Also.You are not the only one that has sat courtside at a NBA game..

# 24 ChrisCP3Paul @ 11/11/14 02:29 PM
^ yea you're completely right, I think I was quoting the overall costs for the sports arenas or something along those lines, that's where I got the 600 mill from. But yea if you check Wikipedia like I'm sure you just did, you get the exact same number you quoted

And you don't have to come at me like a typical internet nerd, relax dude.... because I'm not sitting here bragging about playing in this gym, or sitting clost to courtside at NBA games..... I simply mentioned those things to validate my point further.

You just can't win on the internet sometimes with some people eh, you voice your opinion you get called out for not backing it up, you voice your opinion with evidence and facts and you get called out for that just the same.

# 25 rockchisler @ 11/11/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCP3Paul
^ yea you're completely right, I think I was quoting the overall costs for the sports arenas or something along those lines, that's where I got the 600 mill from. But yea if you check Wikipedia like I'm sure you just did, you get the exact same number you quoted

And you don't have to come at me like a typical internet nerd, relax dude.... because I'm not sitting here bragging about playing in this gym, or sitting clost to courtside at NBA games..... I simply mentioned those things to validate my point further.

You just can't win on the internet sometimes with some people eh, you voice your opinion you get called out for not backing it up, you voice your opinion with evidence and facts and you get called out for that just the same.
I love Fact checking..All good tho..

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.