Home
PES 2015 News Post

PES 2015 and a Day One patch are available now, which includes a roster update, new kits, shoes and enhanced faces. Make sure you check out the launch trailer here and the full press release with all of the Day One patch details below.

KONAMI REVEALS PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015
FULL LIST OF CLUB AND NATIONAL LICENSES, DAY ONE UPDATE

World’s greatest club competitions bolster PES 2015 license rosters;
Day one update adds roster updates, new kits, shoes and enhanced faces

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. has revealed the full list of club and national licenses that will feature in the upcoming Pro Evolution Soccer®2015 (“PES 2015”) title – including second-tier teams for the first time and all Brazilian top-flight teams. The publisher also revealed the content of a comprehensive day one update file that adds key new elements to the game.

The cornerstone of PES 2015’s licensed content remains the world’s greatest club competitions - which are exclusive to the series. The game features dedicated modes featuring iconography and branding for Europe’s UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League competitions, while the South American Copa Libertadores returns alongside the new Copa Sudamericana tournament. Asia Champions League is featured once again, rounding off a stellar list of club competitions only available in PES. Each of these licenses represents club football at its highest level, perfectly synchronizing with PES 2015’s ‘The Pitch Is Ours’ mantra, where the game’s development has focused on ensuring the gameplay mimics the ebb and flow of real matches.

PES 2015 also introduces second-tier teams for the first time, with Spanish Liga Adelante represented in its entirety, as is the French Ligue 2. The team rosters have also been extended to English and Italian second-tier teams, albeit not in licensed form but with real players. These supplement the full Dutch Eredivisie, French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga and Italian top-flight leagues, which are long-standing PES inclusions. The cream of European club sides are also licensed, and include pack star Mario Götze’s Bayern Munich; Portuguese giants FC Porto, Benfica and Sporting SP; and the likes of Anderlecht, Manchester United, Zenit St Petersberg, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray.

The phenomenal growth of the South American leagues is also well represented, with KONAMI securing the full Argentine Primera Division and 21 Brazilian club teams with official kits.

KONAMI has also prepared a day one download for PES 2015, which will ensure that 93 new kits will appear authentically in the game, while eight (8) more licensed teams have been added including Sparta Praha, FK Partisan, and Maccabi Tel Aviv. Additionally, the Brazil league will have six of its teams (Santos, Internacional, Vasco da Gama, Vitoria, Criciuma, and Chapecoense) updated to include an additional 109 of the athlete’s real names. An additional digital download will be available in December that will add 11 of the athlete’s real names to the roster for Flamengo; the December update will also include yet more teams in other leagues and bolster the stadia roster for the current generation of gaming systems. The day one download will reflect all transfers and loans, and new boots from Puma and Nike will be added. Continuing KONAMI’s dedication to ensure the stars resemble and act like their real life counterparts, the day one update will include over 80 player feature updates as well.

PES 2015 is available now for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft for an SRP $59.99, and for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft for an SRP of $39.99. The PC (digital download version) will be available from November 13 for an SRP of $39.99, coinciding with the global Steam launch of the game.

Game: PES 2015Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
PES 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 buckeyezombie @ 11/15/14 04:28 PM
I'm not really that impressed with this game right now, FIFA is much better so far. I do like the CPU playing the deep ball, but it's a step down from FIFA imo

# 142 TheDutchDad @ 11/15/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
I'm not really that impressed with this game right now, FIFA is much better so far. I do like the CPU playing the deep ball, but it's a step down from FIFA imo
Better in what way? I agree FIFA is better graphically, game modes, presentation, but on the field gameplay it's not even close IMO. PES once again trounces FIFA.

# 143 buckeyezombie @ 11/15/14 05:58 PM
The shots float too much, and are way too accurate.

# 144 BBallcoach @ 11/15/14 06:14 PM
This is my first PES game. I bought it for PC last night and I was blown away how much more fun it is. FIFA is good, I like it. But PES feels more like real soccer. Plus an easy download of a mod and I have real leagues and cups.

# 145 TheDutchDad @ 11/15/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
The shots float too much, and are way too accurate.
I personally think it's better than FIFA's shooting. There is a weight to it that FIFA can't replicate and is more life like.

# 146 rckabillyRaider @ 11/15/14 06:37 PM
On ps4, I'm loving it. Game plays awesome and the return for more feeling is there.

On pc, not so much. Something just isn't clicking for me. It really feels like a half finished, rushed product. Hopefully once some good patches and gameplay mods come out, I'll change my mind. For now, updated fifa 14 with mods is my pc fix.

# 147 RoyceDa59 @ 11/15/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I personally think it's better than FIFA's shooting. There is a weight to it that FIFA can't replicate and is more life like.
Definitely not seeing floaty shots this year compared to the last several installments of PES.

# 148 Cavani161 @ 11/15/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Step down from FIFA? The CPU AI in Pes 15 outclasses FIFA 15. Your cpu ai defenders actually try to defend, trying to play the offside trap, etc. There is no just sprinting down the field with a player, doing tricks galore and scoring. Even if you do sprint, you're gonna tire your player out quickly, and then you are in deep trouble when you begin having players on the field with no gas in the tank.

FIFA 15 doesn't even have player/team ID. What differentiates the star players in FIFA 15 from one another?

# 149 KG @ 11/15/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
Step down from FIFA? The CPU AI in Pes 15 outclasses FIFA 15. Your cpu ai defenders actually try to defend, trying to play the offside trap, etc. There is no just sprinting down the field with a player, doing tricks galore and scoring. Even if you do sprint, you're gonna tire your player out quickly, and then you are in deep trouble when you begin having players on the field with no gas in the tank.

FIFA 15 doesn't even have player/team ID. What differentiates the star players in FIFA 15 from one another?
That's what bugs me about the other game. IMO licenses are meaningless if the players/clubs don't play like themselves.

# 150 TX117 @ 11/15/14 09:00 PM
I might check it out if I ever find it for like $10-$20. I only played the demo and wasn't really impressed with the clunky player movement, presentation and just lack of polish. Also the goals didn't feel as satisfying as FIFA. Opponent AI is pretty good though, FIFA can learn a thing or two from that.

I'm sure the final version is somewhat better but ehhh..

# 151 TheDutchDad @ 11/15/14 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX117
I might check it out if I ever find it for like $10-$20. I only played the demo and wasn't really impressed with the clunky player movement, presentation and just lack of polish. Also the goals didn't feel as satisfying as FIFA. Opponent AI is pretty good though, FIFA can learn a thing or two from that.

I'm sure the final version is somewhat better but ehhh..
Man, the difference of opinion is so vast around here today.

I'd say the goals I score in PES are way more rewarding than FIFA. Every goal in FIFA seems the same to me. PES tons of variety.

# 152 rckabillyRaider @ 11/15/14 09:39 PM
I like and dislike both games for various reasons, but when it comes to on the pitch gameplay and goal variety/build up, there's no comparison. PES is king. Most fifa goals are run down the wing, cross it in, goal off of a header or volley. In PES, I can pass it around the top of the box until I break the defense down and slip a little through ball in for a chance on goal. And you can also do the run the wing, cross and score as well. More variety.

# 153 mfp @ 11/15/14 11:56 PM
After being a PES fan back in the day, I switched to FIFA about a decade ago and lost all faith in PES last gen. But PES 2015 is really, really good.

In terms of realistic football, PES's gameplay blows FIFA out of the water. It's no contest, and I can't imagine going back to FIFA this year. If I hadn't gotten the digital version, I'd sell my version of FIFA.

There are some issues that I'm really hoping they patch though. As many have said, the CPU doesn't foul. I'm also a little concerned with the difficulty level, as it seems a tad easy. A bigger problem for me is the CPU AI in general lacks aggression, both in attack and defense.

In attack, too often the CPU plays a possession game when it should play with greater urgency, and too often it'll opt for a conservative pass for no real reason. And there are moments in the game where it feels like you're playing a game of keep-away rather than a competitive football match. It's an infrequent issue but it's really annoying.

PES also has some defensive AI issues that FIFA has, as there are times backline defenders will not properly track runs or mark attackers, leading to easy chances and wide open players. Again infrequent, but an issue.

Overall, the negatives are pretty minor, at least in terms of gameplay. In non-gameplay areas, this game is years behind FIFA, and from a technical and visual standpoint, the game hardly feels next gen. But the football, it's pretty sweet.

# 154 integer @ 11/16/14 12:03 AM
I already have FIFA, is PES single player gameplay much more evolved and fun than FIFA. Should I get it.

# 155 Stormyhog @ 11/16/14 12:43 AM
I've heard a person say there is stuttering on the PS4 version is this true or is it smooth? Thx.

# 156 rckabillyRaider @ 11/16/14 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I've heard a person say there is stuttering on the PS4 version is this true or is it smooth? Thx.
Some people were experiencing stutter if they are connected online. However, I and many others play connected and have no issues.

# 157 elprez98 @ 11/16/14 04:20 AM
Thank GOD the menus are immersive. Never knew how much they bothered me until now that they are a bit more Americanized.

# 158 KG @ 11/16/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
After being a PES fan back in the day, I switched to FIFA about a decade ago and lost all faith in PES last gen. But PES 2015 is really, really good.

In terms of realistic football, PES's gameplay blows FIFA out of the water. It's no contest, and I can't imagine going back to FIFA this year. If I hadn't gotten the digital version, I'd sell my version of FIFA.

There are some issues that I'm really hoping they patch though. As many have said, the CPU doesn't foul. I'm also a little concerned with the difficulty level, as it seems a tad easy. A bigger problem for me is the CPU AI in general lacks aggression, both in attack and defense.

In attack, too often the CPU plays a possession game when it should play with greater urgency, and too often it'll opt for a conservative pass for no real reason. And there are moments in the game where it feels like you're playing a game of keep-away rather than a competitive football match. It's an infrequent issue but it's really annoying.

PES also has some defensive AI issues that FIFA has, as there are times backline defenders will not properly track runs or mark attackers, leading to easy chances and wide open players. Again infrequent, but an issue.

Overall, the negatives are pretty minor, at least in terms of gameplay. In non-gameplay areas, this game is years behind FIFA, and from a technical and visual standpoint, the game hardly feels next gen. But the football, it's pretty sweet.
I thought some teams could be a little tame too but then I played a Copa Lib 2014 torney and some clubs are tearing me to shreds. I spent a good 10 minutes in-game trying to counter C.Nacional's 3-2-3-2. I played them in my 3rd & 4th match of the group stage and they ripped me to shreds with a combined 6-0 scoreline. They pressured me high up the pitch, especially in the wide areas (a tactic you can set which is GREAT at countering possession based sides) and forced me to play long balls to a ST that has 0 hold-up ability. I ultimately had to dust of Trezeguet, but at 53 his pace is gone.

If you or anyone else wants a fun experience while waiting to edit the game/option files if they work, check out the Copa Lib, max out the crowd sound, change the commentary language to Spanish/Portuguese and enjoy some South American free-flowing footy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Mine has been silky smooth so far on the PS4, even the Pro Cam (Player 1 & Player 2 on PES) which it NEVER is on FIFA.

# 159 RoyceDa59 @ 11/16/14 11:49 AM
My goodness myClub is really addicting and better than I thought it would be. Stilling trying to get use to the menus but I love how rewarding it is even in defeat.

# 160 LingeringRegime @ 11/16/14 12:53 PM
It is still freezing in midfield a few times a match when I am connected to the servers. I wonder if I can the port number it will help? I have no clue about that stuff though.

When I disconnect from the Internet it is smooth. But, I would like to stay connected because I enjoy the online apart from the brief freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
My goodness myClub is really addicting and better than I thought it would be. Stilling trying to get use to the menus but I love how rewarding it is even in defeat.
It really is addicting.

Can you choose control settings? Not crazy about playing another user who uses assisted controls. I love playing against the computer controller user rosters. I just got Drogba, Goetze, Ozil.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.