Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has posted a blog detailing the attributes that help make up the overall rating of each player in Madden NFL 15.

While the article is MUT related, it basically carries over to all other modes. Some of it might be old to some of you, but there are quite a few things you might learn from it as well. Below are some of them explained, but click here to view them all.

Ball Carrier Vision (BCV) – The runner’s ability to navigate in between blocks to hit holes.

Release (RLS) – Determines the receiver’s ability to beat Press coverage.

Strength (STR) – Provides a boost for blocking, shedding blocks, power moves, throwing and trucking.

Impact Blocking (IMP) – The ability to pancake (knock the defender down) when blocking in the open field.

Hit Power (POW) – How hard a defender tackles, including chance of fumbles and injuries.

Finesse Move (FNM) – Using swim and spin moves to defeat the offensive line. Determines time required to perform a successful move.

Play Recognition (PRC) – Reacting to run or pass and defending specific routes. Also reacting properly to play action or screen plays.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tommycoa @ 11/15/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Obviously a few passes defended and WR drops will take that percentage down a couple of points, but, yeah, if, as the article claims, accuracy ratings in the 80s mean the QB is on target 80% on the time, then yeah, that does explain alot of the robo QB.

Also, how come so many of these "elite" QBs (such as Romo or Rivers) do not have the "Throws the Ball Away trait" in the game? How the heck do you get to be a starting QB and not know how to throw the ball away?
The Throws Ball Away trait shouldn't have an on or off switch. It should be related to experience and awareness.
Personally I don't thing the sliders are the problem with this game. I think EA's rosters are. On average a players speed is 10 points higher than what it should be when using their 40 time with the speed chart. Overrated speed is not the only one inflated. Its just the one that's inflated the most. The FBG rosters are good but you can't play CFM.

# 22 SmashMan @ 11/15/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
How the heck do you get to be a starting QB and not know how to throw the ball away?

# 23 Sheba2011 @ 11/16/14 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I completely agree with you about the " throw ball away " trait. It doesn't make sense that some QBs that have been starting qbs in the league for at least 5 years now don't have that trait turned on but some rookie qbs and 3rd string qbs that didn't even start a game yet have it turned on. This goes to show you how the screwed up ratings madden anually has, thanks to Donny Moore, really affect the realism of this game. The game plays a lot better and the players actually play like themselves when the ratings aren't completely overblown like they are now

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I would agree with you if I didn't watch the actual NFL and watch how many 5th year QB's still don't know how to avoid sacks and throw the ball away.

# 24 Thanatopsis @ 11/16/14 10:22 AM
What really needs to be explained are:

Does BCV effect a user controlled Running Back/WR/QB? Does a higher rating mean the lines block better, or that the running back to get through holes easier without getting tripped up on his own men?

Does Awareness have any effect on a User Controlled HB/QB? They've said it enhances all stats somewhat, but is this true on offense and when the player is controlling them, and if so, what stats?

# 25 miknhoj1983 @ 11/16/14 11:11 AM
Any one know what plays ball in air mean? Also, what about high motor trait?

# 26 Gman 18 @ 11/16/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I would agree with you if I didn't watch the actual NFL and watch how many 5th year QB's still don't know how to avoid sacks and throw the ball away.
Some QBs that have a lot of experience in the league still don't know how to throw the ball away but most of the experienced veterans in the league do know how to throw it away. Those expereinced veterans should have the trait turned on for them. Some of the rookies that have that trait on should have it turned off.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 27 JaymeeAwesome @ 11/16/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

This wins the internet.

# 28 charter04 @ 11/17/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatopsis
What really needs to be explained are:

Does BCV effect a user controlled Running Back/WR/QB? Does a higher rating mean the lines block better, or that the running back to get through holes easier without getting tripped up on his own men?

Does Awareness have any effect on a User Controlled HB/QB? They've said it enhances all stats somewhat, but is this true on offense and when the player is controlling them, and if so, what stats?

SGibs and Zfarls, the guys behind the Prima guide, said on their YouTube show that BCV affects user controlled players too. They said they asks the devs and that is what they were told. They were told it helps the RB go throw holes better for you. They avoid defenders better.

I was told by a dev that Awareness doesn't matter with user players. I don't know though. It's seems some QB's have better ball placement on passes when I don't lead pass than others. The elite guys through it away from defenders better. That might be one of the accuracy ratings though.

# 29 jbuc14 @ 11/22/14 11:52 AM
I'm confused on how the Elusiveness rating differs from the Spin and Juke ratings. Some players have high Elusiveness ratings but low Spin/Juke ratings. What's the difference?

# 30 fdgfhfd @ 11/24/14 01:25 AM
I'm happy that they explained THA is only for simulation. Some users on here were certain it effected user games. [img]

# 31 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/25/14 04:15 AM
"Awareness (AWR) – Reacting to the other players on the field, both teammates and opponents."

If this is true - then AWR should be high for all players as all NFL players have the general ability to react to other players on the field in general, and as it seems other attributes are what really determine a great player from a good and average player...

Seems some of the issues with players running into each other might be due to having too low an AWR rating....

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.