Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

For those of you having issues getting "Green" releases in NBA 2K15 MyCAREER mode, Kspadetheprospect has posted some good news for you.

If this doesn't work for you or you have some other tips on getting "Green" releases in MyCAREER mode, please post them here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GhostfaceDr1llah @ 11/19/14 04:02 PM
Korver's release is one of the broken jumpshots Spade is talking about and he's arguably the best 3 point shooter in the nba. I can make more 3's with Demarre Caroll in free style mode than Korver because it's way easier to get a green release with Caroll. I like Bogdan Bogdanovic's shot from the Nets, too. Easy to hit.

# 2 DaWarrior @ 11/19/14 04:50 PM
there are ~180 players with broke shots when playing on HOF simulation setting. been reported to 2k long time ago but dont expect anything to be done about it.

# 3 Retropyro @ 11/19/14 06:00 PM
Well that just made a huge difference. I was getting so mad, completely missing wide open shots while knowing that I hit a perfect release no matter what the meter said. Change over and use Parkers shot, instant change.

# 4 burter @ 11/19/14 06:18 PM
So I decided to go to practice mode and play as Lance Stephenson and Tony Parker per his suggestion. Lance shot is pretty good. I would say I hit green 8 out of about 30 shots. Tony shot, omg. Like OMFG! haha. I hit like 20 out of 30 greens. I hit 4 in a row that where green, twice! Like way money with Tony's shot. So I will go to MC and see if I can buy it the next time I play.

# 5 alabamarob @ 11/19/14 06:42 PM
Its difficult using the hawks on hof when bazemore and thabo are the only two guys who can get green.

# 6 mgrand15 @ 11/19/14 06:52 PM
Pretty sad that the "tip" is to avoid the broken shot releases.

I'm surprised Kspade didn't realize this earlier. He must only play MyPlayer because if you play normal games with a lot of different teams - it's easy to tell that some shots are straight broken.

# 7 Coach2K @ 11/19/14 07:00 PM
I'm glad this has gotten exposure. IMO releases have been a problem not just in MyCareer but for specific players for a long time. Some players have always been easy to use on offense basically because of one thing - the release given to them, while others are so difficult even if you have a good shooter, you can't hit shots with them on HOF sim.

# 8 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/19/14 07:10 PM
I got a lot more perfect releases off the dribble than a set three . Idk if it was Because of shot creator or not .

# 9 alabamarob @ 11/19/14 07:30 PM
This is the first issue that clearly affects the competitive balance of the game. It handicaps certain teams and certain players and favors others. I am sure 2k will fix this. I doubt they will allow over half of the teams to stay handicapped.

# 10 @marcusjiles @ 11/19/14 08:43 PM
Some having windows that are so tight, it's extremely difficult to get it in an open gym to even find it. I use Kobe's shot and what you'll find if you play long enough is that the shot is impacted if you have a good defender on you - even if he doesnt contest the shot. The release has so many factors, it's hard to get a good release. But that's the fun and for the most part it's realistic.

The problem comes into play on Free Throws. The release on A LOT of them seems to take forever. MJ's FT shot is quick, Lebron's isnt but you still find yourself waiting a lil bot to release.

I think your best bet is to use the button instead of the thumb stick.

# 11 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/19/14 09:00 PM
I turned the shot meter off it was such a distraction . Visually it doesn't seem to mesh with the release online

# 12 Coach2K @ 11/19/14 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Some having windows that are so tight, it's extremely difficult to get it in an open gym to even find it. I use Kobe's shot and what you'll find if you play long enough is that the shot is impacted if you have a good defender on you - even if he doesnt contest the shot. The release has so many factors, it's hard to get a good release. But that's the fun and for the most part it's realistic.

The problem comes into play on Free Throws. The release on A LOT of them seems to take forever. MJ's FT shot is quick, Lebron's isnt but you still find yourself waiting a lil bot to release.

I think your best bet is to use the button instead of the thumb stick.
Kobe's got a nice shot. I used him once this year and absolutely torched on HOF sim and was able to get green releases with him without ever having practiced his shot.

# 13 DaWarrior @ 11/20/14 12:15 AM
the issue is only with standing shots. moving shots are not affected. i'll post a link to the affected players in morning when i get up!

# 14 smuhead @ 11/20/14 12:36 AM
I'm trying not to give into saying or beliving some shot releases are broken. Or just simply give up on trying to get perfect releases. But after playing/practicing with the Nets since launch, I'm finding it very hard to see a bright side to getting a green release on Jarrett Jack. His release has never been a problem for me and in previous titles. But this year, this is some b.s. I have still yet to even get a green release and it's becoming very frustrating to say the least.
Is anyone else experiencing the same kind of problem with another player?

# 15 Shock1011 @ 11/20/14 01:54 AM
I wonder if the consistency rating has anything to do with the meter too. Everybody go look at their consistency rating. There is no way I've seen to improve it and its stuck at 50. If this is the case it sucks to have something that cannot be changed effect something as important as scoring (especially in my career where you're forced to be a main scoring option every game on HOF)

# 16 alabamarob @ 11/20/14 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWarrior
the issue is only with standing shots. moving shots are not affected. i'll post a link to the affected players in morning when i get up!
Not with every player. Korver cant get a perfect three ball release on the move either. Check it out if necessary. Some guys shots are glitched standing still or on move.

# 17 DaWarrior @ 11/20/14 08:28 AM
in HOF difficulty? not possible.

# 18 DaWarrior @ 11/20/14 08:29 AM
oh nm, you said without move either.. i'd have to see that. i thought everyone could get moving

# 19 DaWarrior @ 11/20/14 08:56 AM
https://www.scribd.com/doc/247255539/2k15-brokenshots

# 20 thedream2k13 @ 11/20/14 09:42 AM
it is sad that people are focused on getting a green release using the shot meter instead of turning it off and learning the release through blacktop mode and practice mode.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.