Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

WWE 2K15’s debut on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is kind of like when Chris Master’s debuted on RAW years ago.

It certainly looks the part. It can be entertaining at times in the ring. But give it long enough, and you see that all you really have is a midcarder being given a major push that it doesn’t yet deserve.

While WWE 2K15 is a perfectly fine game, it's going to take another year or two to become a main event star.

Read More - WWE 2K15 Is A Solid Debut on Next-Gen Consoles (PS4/XB1 Review)

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WTF @ 11/21/14 04:25 PM
Love the Chris Masters line. 6.5 is a good score for this. Creation mode is definitely nerfed and glitchy beyond belief. Hopefully they continue to improve on it throughout the year.

# 2 ggsimmonds @ 11/21/14 04:35 PM
I am very disappointed in the game and to be honest I am tired of hearing talk of "outstanding foundation to build off of."
Not just this game, we hear it too often.

We paid for a full game, not a alpha version of WWE 2k16.

The cut down roster, limited universe mode, horrible mycareer, and creation suite that took several steps back are inexcusable. One or two would be permissible but all of them?

I am a disgruntled gamer

# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 11/21/14 05:17 PM
Last year my girl and I created everyone in our families and all of our friends and had countless laughs during universe mode. Now they took out creating divas, which sucks for us because it took away half of our creations and it caused her to lose all interest in the game.

I hope they continue to improve on things next year because the game is really starting to look better.

# 4 Turbojugend @ 11/21/14 05:24 PM
I'm mainly a Fire Pro guy but I also enjoy the WWE games, especially the last several iterations. What I'd like to know is how they can justify everything that has gone missing in 2K15, from limited match modes to no custom arenas to fewer creation slots (75% less in fact).

I realize this is a relatively new franchise for 2K and I'm sure there's a lot that goes into producing a PS4/XB1 title, but didn't they skip new-gen 2K14 to have more time on 2K15? Either I need a lesson on how video game production cycles work or 2K needs to beef up their development staff.

# 5 Shadojoker @ 11/21/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I'm mainly a Fire Pro guy but I also enjoy the WWE games, especially the last several iterations. What I'd like to know is how they can justify everything that has gone missing in 2K15, from limited match modes to no custom arenas to fewer creation slots (75% less in fact).

I realize this is a relatively new franchise for 2K and I'm sure there's a lot that goes into producing a PS4/XB1 title, but didn't they skip new-gen 2K14 to have more time on 2K15? Either I need a lesson on how video game production cycles work or 2K needs to beef up their development staff.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and still play Fire Pro Returns! ! 2nd best wrestling game of All time! That game was made in 03 and it still blows WWE 15 outta the water with almost everything except for Visuals. If only they import it to next generation consoles.

# 6 SmashMan @ 11/21/14 07:09 PM
Very fair review. Can't say I disagree with any of it, really. Am I going to get a whole year of play out of it? Probably not, but I'm liking the gameplay enough so far that I can tell that it'll probably last me a little longer than the past, especially if the DLC Showcases are fleshed out.

More interested in seeing how they react next year to so many overall average reviews. Hopefully they respond as well as the NBA2K team did with user feedback from 14 to 15.

# 7 Retropyro @ 11/21/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am very disappointed in the game and to be honest I am tired of hearing talk of "outstanding foundation to build off of."
Not just this game, we hear it too often.

We paid for a full game, not a alpha version of WWE 2k16.

The cut down roster, limited universe mode, horrible mycareer, and creation suite that took several steps back are inexcusable. One or two would be permissible but all of them?

I am a disgruntled gamer
100% with you. I'm sick of hearing the "it's a good foundation to build on" for games. If it's only a good foundation, then it's not a complete game. The target they are building for in 1, 2 or 3 years down the road, that is the game. Putting out the ground work and calling it a full release at full price is garbage. Either don't release it until it's done or release it with the notice that it is simply a build and reduce the price.
I get that these types of licensed products generally call for a game to be released each year, but these publishers need to either stick to their standards and state that it is impossible for a fully fleshed out game to released that way and if the license holder can't except that, walk away.

I've never been disappointed as much as I have this year between this game and NHL 15.

# 8 Gramps91 @ 11/22/14 06:57 AM
I think the game needed this new foundation and now in the future they need to build upon it. My Career sounds disappointing because you need to be able to play every match and be able to defend titles even after you win the WWE title, for it to simulate after you win the title is just ridiculous. I hope they keep the My Career mode and build upon it become it sounds like it could be promising.

# 9 DBMcGee3 @ 11/24/14 09:06 AM
Even a 6.5 seems a tad high from the footage I've seen. I've always enjoyed these games, but this is about the smallest leap I've sen yet as far as the next gen transition.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.