Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Another update has arrived for Madden NFL 15. It is available now for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 398 MB. It should be available later tonight for Xbox One users.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One.

A new blog with further details is coming soon. We will update this post when it is posted.

UPDATE #2: The blog has been posted, here are the details.

UNIFORM UPDATES
  • Eagles Home, Away, and Alternate uniforms get full updates
  • Bucs get “MG” patch
  • Raiders get “AL” sticker on back of helmet
  • Lions get patch for William Clay Ford
  • Jags get 20th anniversary patch
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Fixed issue where users were able to grief online opponents by no huddling with Custom Playbooks
  • Tuned Blocked Field Goals & Extra Points
  • Additional stability and tuning
COACHGLASS UPDATES
  • Updated CoachGlass playcall suggestions for PS4

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BadAssHskr @ 11/26/14 07:19 PM
I came home from work to get the patch in hopes of playing later tonight. I got the face deal, the roster, a game restart bug, and no patch.

Edit: im actually asking for help, did the update come wrapped in the face scans, or have i not gottn it?

# 142 rsc3487 @ 11/26/14 08:15 PM
eagles uniforms look the same to me, what changed

# 143 Jerros @ 11/26/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Thank you sir. I am seeing the exact same thing. Linebackers just standing around not doing anything. D is stupid after this patch. This patch is disgusting.
What?? Sorry to bust your bubble but that has been an issue since release. Infact, I have a video to prove it which was made post ANY patch. You guys are just late to the party of the reality of this horror show of a game.

# 144 BCJMU99 @ 11/26/14 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsc3487
eagles uniforms look the same to me, what changed
Me too. I don't see the difference. Has anyone else?

# 145 agidio3 @ 11/27/14 12:51 AM
Idk I like the game post patch a lot more. The sacks aren't there anymore. The CPU QB at 10 is around 60% with missed throws.

Only issue I might have is used running is too easy. I might slide false start down to 60 and maybe bump fumble down for user.

Any suggestions or thoughts would b great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 146 bcruise @ 11/27/14 01:32 AM
Dead serious when I say this is the best I've seen Madden play at it's default settings in a long, long time, and perhaps maybe ever. I'm seeing a marked improvement in the way CPU QB's are handling pressure, either by stepping up, scrambling, or throwing the ball away. And yes, it's showing up in the boxscore as fewer sacks. Even coach mode actually seems viable now as your CPU-controlled QB follows the same rules, and it's really quite fun to watch.

In 3 full-length (that means as close to 120 plays as I can get) exhibition games played - yes that's a small size but I have to start somewhere and I've been busy- I've had a total of 4 sacks vs the CPU. In the last game, Rams vs Bengals, I had none - my first no-sack game of Madden for '15. Even at 50 QB accuracy I've seen out-of-reach throws by average-to-poor QB's, which tells me there's definitely room to adjust to make even Manning or Brady throw a duck every once in awhile. And good QB play opens everything else up - the CPU will find its running game if you're actually having to defend the pass instead of blitzing for a sack all the time.

I would encourage everyone first trying out the patch to go back to the default sliders, put up with the somewhat higher than normal completion %s for a bit and try to see how much differently the game is playing. I believe this is absolutely not a placebo.

Right now the only things I'm even thinking about tweaking right now off the default All-Pro are the penalty sliders (all of them are nonexistent at the default) and QB Accuracy (slightly).

One other thing - I do see that "stutter" step SEC is talking about, but while it does look silly I don't feel like it's harming the CPU's run game in any way. Rather, if it does it at the right time (and maybe with the help of a blocker or two) it can fake out defenders with that move and open up holes. I'm willing to live with it looking dumb/unrealistic if it doesn't screw up the run game.

# 147 authentic @ 11/27/14 01:34 AM
Just FYI, I tested the difference between the default rosters and FBG rosters and noticed the RB stumble ONLY on the FBG rated rosters. Also, this patch was a great add-on. I am really loving this game right now. I found a great mix of sliders that make the game really challenging and fun on All-Madden.

# 148 Rjrosco @ 11/27/14 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Just FYI, I tested the difference between the default rosters and FBG rosters and noticed the RB stumble ONLY on the FBG rated rosters. Also, this patch was a great add-on. I am really loving this game right now. I found a great mix of sliders that make the game really challenging and fun on All-Madden.
Could you please post them in the slider thread

# 149 njdevils14 @ 11/27/14 01:42 AM
I'm playing on default all madden and loving it, only changes I need to make are for penalties and QB accuracy because I'm seeing way too high of a completion percentage. Any suggestions?

# 150 bcruise @ 11/27/14 01:50 AM
Quote:
Yeah for the record, my entire post above was from using the default rosters as well.

# 151 tommycoa @ 11/27/14 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Dead serious when I say this is the best I've seen Madden play at it's default settings in a long, long time, and perhaps maybe ever. I'm seeing a marked improvement in the way CPU QB's are handling pressure, either by stepping up, scrambling, or throwing the ball away. And yes, it's showing up in the boxscore as fewer sacks. Even coach mode actually seems viable now as your CPU-controlled QB follows the same rules, and it's really quite fun to watch.

In 3 full-length (that means as close to 120 plays as I can get) exhibition games played - yes that's a small size but I have to start somewhere and I've been busy- I've had a total of 4 sacks vs the CPU. In the last game, Rams vs Bengals, I had none - my first no-sack game of Madden for '15. Even at 50 QB accuracy I've seen out-of-reach throws by average-to-poor QB's, which tells me there's definitely room to adjust to make even Manning or Brady throw a duck every once in awhile. And good QB play opens everything else up - the CPU will find its running game if you're actually having to defend the pass instead of blitzing for a sack all the time.

I would encourage everyone first trying out the patch to go back to the default sliders, put up with the somewhat higher than normal completion %s for a bit and try to see how much differently the game is playing. I believe this is absolutely not a placebo.

Right now the only things I'm even thinking about tweaking right now off the default All-Pro are the penalty sliders (all of them are nonexistent at the default) and QB Accuracy (slightly).

One other thing - I do see that "stutter" step SEC is talking about, but while it does look silly I don't feel like it's harming the CPU's run game in any way. Rather, if it does it at the right time (and maybe with the help of a blocker or two) it can fake out defenders with that move and open up holes. I'm willing to live with it looking dumb/unrealistic if it doesn't screw up the run game.
I'm about to get default all pro a shot in coach mode. I like what I hear in this post. Played a game earlier with previous sliders. QBs were still robo. All Pro default here I come.

# 152 bcruise @ 11/27/14 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I'm about to get default all pro a shot in coach mode. I like what I hear in this post. Played a game earlier with previous sliders. QBs were still robo. All Pro default here I come.
Be advised that the completion % is still going to be high at default (don't know if that's the robo you're referring to). Game I'm playing right now has CPU Romo at 23-26 90% completion in the 4th. He's only been sacked once, but has thrown 2 picks - both on terrible decisions. Kinda like what us Cowboy fans have seen all too often.

On the flipside, my Coach Mode Aaron Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the first quarter, and I was starting to cringe again. But he's only been dropped one more time since and 4 sacks in a game for Dallas is definitely not unreasonable.

There is finally variety in the gameplay at the defaults, and I love it.

# 153 Yeayeaitsme @ 11/27/14 04:10 AM
Xbox360 also got this patch is it the same fixes?

# 154 CalmLikeABomb @ 11/27/14 04:26 AM
I finally got the patch to install, and waiting for Madden to finish installing. It seems that some players are loving the patch with some minor tweaking..I am curious what system are you playing on, and what is your opinion of new patch? I will post feedback after install. I own Madden for X1 btw.

# 155 CalmLikeABomb @ 11/27/14 04:46 AM
Okay hoping this is consistent. I am through with the first quarter with the new patch on default. So far this is like a new game. Seahawks vs Eagles. I am up 7-0 and Eagles are driving. They are actually making running plays and the qb is making good throws. I am enjoying this patch so far. The running game feels more fluid and I am finding some spacing where I can hit holes and even cut back against field. Xbox one patch.

# 156 Motown @ 11/27/14 05:24 AM
Quote:

Could not agree more cruise...this is the best Madden has EVER played.

# 157 olig23 @ 11/27/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
Be advised that the completion % is still going to be high at default (don't know if that's the robo you're referring to). Game I'm playing right now has CPU Romo at 23-26 90% completion in the 4th. He's only been sacked once, but has thrown 2 picks - both on terrible decisions. Kinda like what us Cowboy fans have seen all too often.

On the flipside, my Coach Mode Aaron Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the first quarter, and I was starting to cringe again. But he's only been dropped one more time since and 4 sacks in a game for Dallas is definitely not unreasonable.

There is finally variety in the gameplay at the defaults, and I love it.
I usually don't comment on the whole slider thing, but I have tried numerous different sets and always found it to be impossible to have a game where I did not want to turn off the game halfway through. I had practically given up on Madden 15.

However, I went back to the default All Pro difficulty post patch to see how it played, and I have to echo everything BCruise says in the post quoted above, and the one on the previous page.

For me, this is the best I think Madden has played since PS2. Granted, I've never been happy with Madden for the last decade, but that's another matter. I played Week 1, offline CCM, Browns(CPU)@Steelers(User) four times last night as I refined my settings and found the game to play infinitely better.

It is not perfect, by any means. As mentioned, I too saw high completion percentages. Manziel was 100% going into the Fourth Quarter on the default settings. I quit towards the end and replayed with QB Acc at 25, then at 5 and then at 2. It got better, but I'm still not happy with that part of the game. Eventually the missus came home and I had to quit so I am not sure how it plays with the CPU QB accuracy lowered to 2. There are, as ever, people who are better placed to assess the impact that has than myself.

My concern with lowering the accuracy is that you see crazy bad throws every now and then that just would never happen. It's lie the QB is accurate on 8/10 throws and then the CPU just makes 2/10 throws go wildly wrong. As opposed to accuracy being a small amount off on a consistent basis.

I also think what SEC says is correct. They have neutered the coverage of the CPU. This is obviously a step backwards. But I also think that it's why the sack issue (that was a game killer for me) is improved. As SEC suggests.

The problem with sacks always seemed to be the fact that the CPU did not know what to do when everyone was so well covered. They just stood there and took the sack. My, completely anecdotal, observation is that EA seem to have upped the QBs awareness, but also their willingness to run with the ball as a compromise. Manziel certainly stepped up or took off on me a lot. In fact he ran for 80+ yards. At least 50 of which were down to ineptitude on my part.

This is pure speculation, but I am guessing that EA had the QBs coded to throw the ball away, run with it etc around the correct amount by default, which is to say not that often when you see every play. However, the fundamental problem is with the CPU passing game. There should simply be more missed throws. Throws that are close, but not quite to the correct spot. Obviously, the QB should also be aware of pressure and that pressure affect his throw too. I really hope they can fix this properly for the next iteration and then bring back the aggressive secondary play.

The last few thing I wanted to say are:

I am aware I do not carry any credibility and being aptly placed to comment on this stuff. The reason I did, is that I often find myself trawling posts trying to get verification for what one person says. Since there is so much contradictory thought when it comes to the minutiae of sliders and such. My view is the Bcruise's post is correct in it's entirety. I also think SEC has identified some other issues and the reasons behind them.

Finally, to re-emphasize. I was fed up with this game. Beyond that stats it wasn't that much fun. Getting 7-9 sacks per game just eliminated the sense of reality completely. It really made it into a different game. I think that the default sliders on All-Pro, post patch are much, much better. I really enjoyed losing to Cleveland. But I like losing if because I'm not very good at Madden and seeing myself improve. As opposed to winning because the CPU keeps putting itself in 3-19 situations with dumb CPU play. I'm actually looking forward to going home and playing tonight.

# 158 agidio3 @ 11/27/14 10:33 AM
i love this madden with my current sliders after the patch... The cpu makes under and over throws...the sacks are gone...I am getting presdured and have a 60% completion percentage....so does the cpu

only problem I am having is the user running game seems to strong....I have cpu tackle at 100 user run block at 0 and am still averaging 7 yds a carry where my oline is getting 3 yards down field every time and I am the steelers...any suggestions to help this would be appreciated

# 159 charter04 @ 11/27/14 10:44 AM
One of the problems is some of you guys think EA spends very much time at all on vrs the cpu gameplay. I can almost guarantee that's 80%of DEV time is spent on user v user. That's why they just "fix" things with the CPU side in reaction to users experience. Or state it's not a issue. I'm surprised the game plays as good as it does v the CPU.

As far as user v user. It's the best playing madden I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 160 azdawgpound @ 11/27/14 11:14 AM
Quote:

i only have the default EA rosters and the RB's stumble..... i havent used any other rosters this yr.... im gonna test out see if other rb's do it or if its just the one.

i played the game on sunday and the same rb didnt stumble....when i played against a friend.... and only started with this update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.