Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Another update has arrived for Madden NFL 15. It is available now for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 398 MB. It should be available later tonight for Xbox One users.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One.

A new blog with further details is coming soon. We will update this post when it is posted.

UPDATE #2: The blog has been posted, here are the details.

UNIFORM UPDATES
  • Eagles Home, Away, and Alternate uniforms get full updates
  • Bucs get “MG” patch
  • Raiders get “AL” sticker on back of helmet
  • Lions get patch for William Clay Ford
  • Jags get 20th anniversary patch
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Fixed issue where users were able to grief online opponents by no huddling with Custom Playbooks
  • Tuned Blocked Field Goals & Extra Points
  • Additional stability and tuning
COACHGLASS UPDATES
  • Updated CoachGlass playcall suggestions for PS4

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 charter04 @ 11/27/14 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i only have the default EA rosters and the RB's stumble..... i havent used any other rosters this yr.... im gonna test out see if other rb's do it or if its just the one.

i played the game on sunday and the same rb didnt stumble....when i played against a friend.... and only started with this update.

Are you on PS4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 162 azdawgpound @ 11/27/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Are you on PS4?

yes i am.... that was one first thing's i noticed after i d/led the patch.

# 163 charter04 @ 11/27/14 12:17 PM
It seems like everyone having trouble is on PS4. Maybe there is a difference

# 164 KingV2k3 @ 11/27/14 01:03 PM
Well, when I saw there was a patch trying to download into my PS4, I cancelled it / signed out of PS4 network and, as always, stayed signed out of EA servers...

So:

Imagine my surprise / disappointment when I played DET and saw the WCF patches on their Uni's...

I've suspected something was up with regard to gameplay, but this sealed it...

1) In tuning the CPU passing game, they made the HUM passing game too "open"...sliders are a "push me / pull you" game of proportions and relationships...when they tuned CPU "down" under the hood, the HUM got an uninteded boost...OR when they made the CPU less accurate, the HUM became more accurate...or, likely a bit of BOTH...

2) I agree with SECElit3, that the ball carrier "weight" is back to the "weightlessness" of previous iterations...and the "rag-doll" animations are also back at times.

3) CPU pass distribution seems better...less checkdowns / more deep shots...

4) Although CPU pass coverage is looser, the pass rush is hotter...since the PCV slider controls, both...well...

Overall:

So far, it's not "worse" for me as much as "different" and I would have preferred that they gave me the option to opt out of...

I had my game humming pretty darn "sim" and now it's more "Madden Ball"...

# 165 mrsaito @ 11/27/14 01:37 PM
So a bit off topic here but how can I avoid these automatic patch installs?

I am a relatively new PS4 owner and my console is usually off net. I hooked up my connection today to download the FIFA patch and got both without even starting either game. I poked around the menus a bit and under 'notifications' I see there is a check box for downloads but this does not feel definitive.

Is there a way to set up my PS4 so that I can control patch content?

Thanks.

# 166 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 01:50 PM
Donnie Moore needs to be fired...(I hope I can give that opinion). For one, Awareness and Play Recognition, need to be at a minimum setting to trigger certain actions and reactions. ANything below 70 is useless in game in either category..For Offensive Linemen, awareness at 80 is the minimum for them to stay in their spots and take on defenders as well as the engine of Madden will allow.

It has already been covered how bad speed and acceleration is in game, so I will not beat that dead horse...

It is the ratings and plays that really need to be overhauled and calculated correctly within the Madden engine. The playbooks have to be created using logic; as it is now, the CPU calls the most stupid plays; and many plays, without a high awareness or play recognition level, are completely broken...

Essentially there is a collective of interwoven issues that have to be treated as a whole and balanced as a whole with full focus on the fact that a move in any direction causes an equal and opposite reaction - this is basic physics...This is basic life...

There is more than one way to fix the game, EA/Tiburon is choosing to do none of the things that fix the game..Making a new engine is the most expensive, I assume; but EA/Tiburon may want to stop being money hogs and pay for an engine made by a company that specializes in making high quality physics based engines; there are a handful of top notch engines out there...

# 167 StefJoeHalt @ 11/27/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Donnie Moore needs to be fired...(I hope I can give that opinion). For one, Awareness and Play Recognition, need to be at a minimum setting to trigger certain actions and reactions. ANything below 70 is useless in game in either category..For Offensive Linemen, awareness at 80 is the minimum for them to stay in their spots and take on defenders as well as the engine of Madden will allow.

It has already been covered how bad speed and acceleration is in game, so I will not beat that dead horse...

It is the ratings and plays that really need to be overhauled and calculated correctly within the Madden engine. The playbooks have to be created using logic; as it is now, the CPU calls the most stupid plays; and many plays, without a high awareness or play recognition level, are completely broken...

Essentially there is a collective of interwoven issues that have to be treated as a whole and balanced as a whole with full focus on the fact that a move in any direction causes an equal and opposite reaction - this is basic physics...This is basic life...

There is more than one way to fix the game, EA/Tiburon is choosing to do none of the things that fix the game..Making a new engine is the most expensive, I assume; but EA/Tiburon may want to stop being money hogs and pay for an engine made by a company that specializes in making high quality physics based engines; there are a handful of top notch engines out there...

I agree with most of what ur saying but am only going to touch on one part of ur post that is extremely important in my eyes..play calling..it's down right boring..and it's based on "boring" gameplans..just check the playbooks..most or if not all do not use 50% of the Playbooks as it is..then as an example look at 3 and long calls..almost if not all are some version of 4 verts..these gameplans need to be completely reworked and I believe that will provide a better game play in general without any other changes

# 168 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I agree with most of what ur saying but am only going to touch on one part of ur post that is extremely important in my eyes..play calling..it's down right boring..and it's based on "boring" gameplans..just check the playbooks..most or if not all do not use 50% of the Playbooks as it is..then as an example look at 3 and long calls..almost if not all are some version of 4 verts..these gameplans need to be completely reworked and I believe that will provide a better game play in general without any other changes

EXACTLY !!! That right there could make a world of difference..

# 169 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
OR pay a guy that is good at what he does. Have you ever followed this guy's tweets? I literally scratch my head and put my head in my hands. I've been saying that he is a huge part of what is wrong with Madden. The Beckham increase is a prime example. By increasing his spectacular catch rating to 99, DM is saying that Beckham is one of the best flashy" pass catchers of all time.... right.

The Madden rating system is all wrong.
ANd as you know, the FBG ratings system was/is a big step n the right direction...And what I cannot believe is, since the beginning of football gaming, the ratings has been something that has always had to be adjusted to produce the proper outcomes....This was done in the FBPro98 game by Sierra, and worked wonders; anyone in the gaming industry, doing football, especially, should have knowledge of the importance of ratings and getting them correct in relation to the other players on the field and in regards to real life measurables....There is no excuse, except laziness, not to have an engine and player rating system that produces proper physics in this day and age of computing....

# 170 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
I truly believe that the FBG rosters were sabotaged. It makes no sense that they would go from playing so well to so crappy. That may have possibly had something to do with EA adjusting the gameplay in a way that took the sense of weight from the players, and toned down true step. I just bet Donnie Moore, for the first time, saw the FBG rosters as a threat to his job, because this is the first year that a complete FBG rated: roster has come to fruition.

It's no secret that Dan should be doing that job , because he is more passionate, and much more qualified.
I back that hypothesis 100%...I also support Dan doing the job...

# 171 charter04 @ 11/27/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt

One thing they could do is use a version of what 2k football did with they're VIP system. How cool would it be to be able to download user created play styles? Or play against your own play style

# 172 KingV2k3 @ 11/27/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So a bit off topic here but how can I avoid these automatic patch installs?

I am a relatively new PS4 owner and my console is usually off net. I hooked up my connection today to download the FIFA patch and got both without even starting either game. I poked around the menus a bit and under 'notifications' I see there is a check box for downloads but this does not feel definitive.

Is there a way to set up my PS4 so that I can control patch content?

Thanks.

My mistake was putting the console into "rest mode" to charge the controller...

The only way you can avoid the patch is to sign out of PS4 network and NEVER use "rest mode" that has some "auto download" aspect to it...

That's ALL I can think of...

# 173 kehlis @ 11/27/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
One final note I'll make, before I get off of the subject is that it's not so much a concern that his ratings are questionable, it's that the depth charts aren't right. It is the missing players and players on the wrong team , that is most concerning. His only job is to make sure that the rosters are correct, as that is the job he advertises is his. The quality of the work, makes me wonder what this guy does with his time... Just saying

After being warned a few months ago by Mill for the same exact thing you probably should have moved on from the "Donny Moore sucks" rhetoric about 5 posts ago. Talk about the game not about the person.

And for someone who was banned not long ago for the same exact thing to come in and ask for him to be fired??

I think everyone should move on.

# 174 KingV2k3 @ 11/27/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
I truly believe that the FBG rosters were sabotaged
As "tin foil hat" as this could come off, it's also the first thing I thought of when I read your post patch posts (say THAT three times fast!)...

Every year we come up with workarounds based on Coach Philosophy Sliders / Player Priorities / Penalties to Affect Gameplay / and many more that I simply can't recall off the top of my head, only to see those options neutered or removed in their entirety thereafter...

Been here tooooooo long NOT to notice all that...coincidence or not or maybe?

# 175 StefJoeHalt @ 11/27/14 03:15 PM
SEC and Dan..I will say this about ratings..madden has shown for years that if a average to above average Pro complains enough rating will change which effects other parts of the game..just look at whining jermaine gresham..didn't like his rating won't let them face scan him..this job of rating for the better of the game and gamers needs to be done without outside interference (the rating person should be unknown)...overalls should be removed..and baselines need to be brought down..or and most importantly allow us to tweak "in game"..

# 176 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 03:29 PM
I just cut complainers like jermaine gresham from their team and send them to free agency, or I completely destroy their ratings...Like I do with Michael Vick...

# 177 KingV2k3 @ 11/27/14 03:47 PM
Okay, on a practical FWIW:

I found that post patch, the broken tackles increased, as the blocking as a whole took a hit...

Simply adding +5 to both HUM and CPU RBK while reducing -5 from both HUM and CPU FUM restored the balance I HAD in the run game pre patch, to an acceptable degree...

Also: shifting my QBA from HUM @ 7 / CPU @ 3 to HUM @ 6 / CPU @ 3 looks like it had the same "restorative" impact on passing balance...

Lastly, in tuning the HUM PCV lower to minimize USER sacks, they also increased the CPU pass rush and coverage as a result...creating an imbalance in pursuit in both pass rush and run defense...

Overall, when one slider goes up (either with sliders or the tuning "behind" the sliders) it has a twofold effect...raising the intended category, while inadvertently reducing the opponent's counterpart setting...

That's my take, so perhaps looking at similar areas may also work for others to get back to as close to pre patch as possible...

# 178 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 03:57 PM
I have yet to see a detailed list of what sliders do in the game and how they interact and affect parts of the game, from EA/Tiburon...Yet, here they are messing with them...I wish they would let the rest of us know what these sliders do, but I fear, they are just as unsure as any of us who have tinkered with the sliders ourselves.

# 179 BallinVol @ 11/27/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
i love this madden with my current sliders after the patch... The cpu makes under and over throws...the sacks are gone...I am getting presdured and have a 60% completion percentage....so does the cpu

only problem I am having is the user running game seems to strong....I have cpu tackle at 100 user run block at 0 and am still averaging 7 yds a carry where my oline is getting 3 yards down field every time and I am the steelers...any suggestions to help this would be appreciated
try raising clipping. I don't know why this worked for me, but it did. You will still get some big gains but I was having the same problem until I did this. Go up gradually to your liking.

# 180 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/27/14 06:22 PM
Quote:
Guys, target had the game on sale for 25 bucks and I really wanted to try out a theory. I'm streaming on my Twitter Channel right now without a patch installed. And you guys will see that I am seeing some very interesting things. Come join me if you have a second
where is ur channel posted? or am I missing the obvious?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.