Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15 title update #3 for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 is available now, as well as title update #2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Check out the details below.

UPDATE: For a list of updated head scans, click here.

Xbox One/PS4/PC

Added Content & Features
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers.
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players
• Added ability to assign Player Instructions via the squad screen in FIFA Ultimate Team

Issues Addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Improvements to “Looking Ahead” audio and overlays in Career Mode
• Improvements in Team Management functionality in multiplayer matches
• General stability fixes in Career Mode
• Ability to Player Lock in Player Career with multiple controllers in use
• Fix to online user population counts in Pro Clubs and Seasons menus
• Fix for issues with player names on certain kits in the BPL
• Fix for audio storylines in in Match Day Live games
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Season progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Addressed FUT player item portraits that show a white background in FUT
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.

Xbox 360/PS3

Added Content
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers.
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players

Issues addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Stability improvements to Career Mode and Co-op Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Game Face stability fixes in Career Mode
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Seasons progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.
• Stability improvements when receiving invites for FUT Friendly Seasons.
• Stability improvements at the end of FUT Single Player Seasons matches
• Fixed undefined text on EASFC notifications for FUT Single Player Season promotions.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Improved stability when receiving FUT Online Friendlies invites.

Source - EA Sports

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bad_philanthropy @ 11/25/14 08:26 AM
Only thing I care about is: "Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls."

# 2 fearwhatnow @ 11/25/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Only thing I care about is: "Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls."
PC user here. I can confirm that this patch dramatically improved cpu AI defense and teammate cpu AI defense. Teammates on defense are for the first time in a FIFA game useful! I guess some devs there at EA played PES 15 and decided to fix this problem after 6 years.
Lobbed through passes are also fixed.
Some more gameplay observations:
- GKs have even better positioning and their reaction is improved.
- I saw cpu backpassing in vanilla 1.04. I still prefer to play with the ini adjustments though.

My biggest problem right now is that I have 2 great football games...

# 3 Qb @ 11/25/14 09:27 AM
Yeah, I wonder if that means positioning in general and something like an adjustment to thru ball spin/trajectory, or positioning when defending lob through balls. With the new ball physics, this year feels like the first time longer aerial passes will realistically check up to be run onto. I wouldn't want to see that sacrificed to prevent assisted thru ball spam, as that would spill over to manual controls.

The kit clashing improvements are welcome; the other night we played with yellow tops/navy shorts against navy tops/yellow shorts. Something like that pops up now & again.

And career mode stability fixes are always good, as are more real faces. Is the Match Day Live update on Friday?

# 4 Steve_OS @ 11/25/14 09:41 AM
FYI, just added a link to the OP, showing a list of players with updated head scans.

# 5 DBMcGee3 @ 11/25/14 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
PC user here. I can confirm that this patch dramatically improved cpu AI defense and teammate cpu AI defense. Teammates on defense are for the first time in a FIFA game useful! I guess some devs there at EA played PES 15 and decided to fix this problem after 6 years.
- I saw cpu backpassing in vanilla 1.04. I still prefer to play with the ini adjustments though.

How much back passing would you say you saw? Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with the game. The CPU dribbles too much and never plays the right pass. I'm quite anxious to try this out, I still really like this game, even though I purchased PES as well. They're just 2 totally different games and I enjoy the back and forth.

# 6 Resurrection403 @ 11/25/14 10:42 AM
Still no fix for hand balls?? Cmon man.

# 7 Gnemi @ 11/25/14 10:44 AM
Lobbed through passes are "fixed"? So vague. What exactly did they fix and in what way was it broken before they fixed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 11/25/14 11:10 AM
Quote:

Agreed with everything you noted. I also noted that player models are way toned down in regards to the over muscled player models. I like these a lot better. My first game was at St. James and they did something with the cameras. It looked absolutely HUGE. Like being in a real stadium would feel. My only gripe so far, is that guys with any sort of ball handling can shread the new D with skill moves. I almost think they gave them too good of a touch now. Going to boost myself a skill level and see if that helps. Graphics flow perfectly on my rig now. I think they also toned the super white lighting down a tad, too. I like this update a bunch. Bring on my Moddingway patch, and I'm seeing a lot of wasted time!

# 9 fearwhatnow @ 11/25/14 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Lobbed through passes are "fixed"? So vague. What exactly did they fix and in what way was it broken before they fixed it?

Before the patch, in some instances, when a lobbed through pass was played,
there was a "coding halt" in which either the defender or the attacker stopped their runs to the ball. This is fixed now. Also, in pc sometimes when a lobbed through pass was played there was a small stutter because of bad coding. Again this is fixed by this title update.
In vanilla 1.04 I saw backpassing and I also saw cpu passing the ball without the need to pressure them first.

# 10 NightmareBooster @ 11/25/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Before the patch, in some instances, when a lobbed through pass was played,
there was a "coding halt" in which either the defender or the attacker stopped their runs to the ball. This is fixed now. Also, in pc sometimes when a lobbed through pass was played there was a small stutter because of bad coding. Again this is fixed by this title update.
In vanilla 1.04 I saw backpassing and I also saw cpu passing the ball without the need to pressure them first.
I'm on PC and my career saves are corrupted after the update. For any of you PC guys that have made edits to your db did you have this happen to you?

# 11 Gnemi @ 11/25/14 11:35 AM
Welp. 2 minutes into my first match post-patch and the differences are remarkable. Defenders...defend. 'Nuff said.

# 12 fearwhatnow @ 11/25/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Agreed with everything you noted. I also noted that player models are way toned down in regards to the over muscled player models. I like these a lot better. My first game was at St. James and they did something with the cameras. It looked absolutely HUGE. Like being in a real stadium would feel. My only gripe so far, is that guys with any sort of ball handling can shread the new D with skill moves. I almost think they gave them too good of a touch now. Going to boost myself a skill level and see if that helps. Graphics flow perfectly on my rig now. I think they also toned the super white lighting down a tad, too. I like this update a bunch. Bring on my Moddingway patch, and I'm seeing a lot of wasted time!
They have implemented new camera angles in most licensed stadiums.
The player models have been revisited too indeed.

# 13 DaImmaculateONe @ 11/25/14 11:41 AM
still no pratice mode?

# 14 BrianFifaFan @ 11/25/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I'm on PC and my career saves are corrupted after the update. For any of you PC guys that have made edits to your db did you have this happen to you?
Sounds like the update killed everyone who had the Moddingway patch or Matrix db. Probably had to do with the added teams.

# 15 fearwhatnow @ 11/25/14 11:44 AM
Quote:
Welp. 2 minutes into my first match post-patch and the differences are remarkable. Defenders...defend. 'Nuff said.

A teammate won the ball with a sliding tackle without me controlling him. 'Nuff said (twice).

# 16 JHedges2 @ 11/25/14 11:44 AM
Quote:

Which system...?

# 17 bosoxfan1 @ 11/25/14 11:51 AM
Will the title update work on previously started CM? PS4 user here... Can't wait to try it! Also, what about sliders? Thanks

# 18 ncaafootball14markus @ 11/25/14 11:52 AM
i just want to confirm that they DID INDEED FIX DEFENSE. wingbacks no longer start cutting, leaving the outside fields open...they still true to their positions!!

damn, why it took EA so long to fix this krap is beyond me, but they did it...lol maybe that first poster is right..they copied PES 15

# 19 BrianFifaFan @ 11/25/14 11:52 AM
Quote:

I'm really impressed with the CPU Defensive AI. They keep shape so much better now. And I've had more than one defender sprint back on a breakaway and dive in on me to knock the ball away. I even had a CB come in and slide the ball over the end line right as I was getting ready to cross. And it's really helping me that my guys are really in a lot better position before I take control of them. That was my big thing with not wanting to venture into the upper skill levels. The dang D, not controlled by me was just plain bad. Much better now.

# 20 Gnemi @ 11/25/14 12:09 PM
Granted, I picked a great fixture to try the game after the patch - a cup clash in the round of 16 - but you will see no higher praise from me than this:

-I removed Fidel's mod, probably for good.
-I lost 0-2 with 5 shots apiece, and loved virtually every moment of it
-Possession was split 51/49 and Sunderland (my opponent) kept their shape defensively the entire time
-OMG, my OWN team kept its defensive shape!
-ADD is gone, vaminos muchachos...not only that, but my defenders were actually tracking back, they were tackling, they were getting stuck in where appropriate, and they were acting like proper jerks when the CPU was attacking in our box...YES, MATT, THEY DEFENDED WITH PRIDE!

OMFG. The day is here.

/hyperbole

But really, we are going to need just the slightest of touches with sliders now. Matt, you will definitely want to revisit from nearly scratch though. Everything we did to counteract ADD etc. is no longer necessary. We'll still wanna fine tune this thing, mind you (of course we will, we have nothing better to do), but we'll no longer be putting lipstick on a pig, but rather an attractive sheep.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.