Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 23 @ 12/02/14 03:08 AM
Hope y'all don't expect the entire game to be rewritten in 30 days that's all. That's not THAT much time.

# 102 JYoung28 @ 12/02/14 03:26 AM
Very excited for this patch. They definitely have to fix the headband issue, stat overlays, shot fatigue and etc.

I am also nervous as well. Usually with 2K patches comes other issues and I am just hoping it doesn't make the game worse.

# 103 ingey1968 @ 12/02/14 03:37 AM
It's patch 3 because there was a small patch on launch day

# 104 Smirkin Dirk @ 12/02/14 04:04 AM
Now that Ive done my roster, Im really happy with how the game's playing. The game is amazing.

Im seeing much less of those stupid fadeaways from bigs. I really only need to see 4 things.

1. That stat overlay thing fixed.

2. More CPU 3s.

3. Slightly more fouls.

4. PGs more aggressive in driving to the hoop. It seems hardcoded that they dont always look to score, and too many pull up Js when they should get to the hoop.

# 105 RAELpogi @ 12/02/14 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Patch #3 is going to be a great one. Will try to provide more details but full patch notes will arrive with the patch within, hopefully, 10-14 days.

To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.
Did the Cpu substituions been fixed?? Cpu doesnt make realistic substitutions. They mostly do platoon subs, which breaks the game. Hopefully this gets addressed. Thanks

# 106 Oldhead80 @ 12/02/14 04:30 AM
I've read a couple posts talking about already knowing/seeing one player with an updated face scan...who is this player that y'all are talking about?

# 107 ricardo.13 @ 12/02/14 06:30 AM
So many things to fix, i think will be a new game a true NBA 2k15.

# 108 PaR@bLe @ 12/02/14 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingey1968
It's patch 3 because there was a small patch on launch day
Now that makes sense, and patch #2 was the court updates. If that was patch #2. They had mentioned a patch submitted a while back.....and I don't recall that one being released though.

# 109 ryie @ 12/02/14 06:42 AM
great news

# 110 Blackhail92 @ 12/02/14 07:08 AM
I hope the threes correlate with free throws in this new update. People who spam threes should not have over 5 free throws a game

# 111 Goffs @ 12/02/14 07:42 AM
I'm kinda sad and happy at the same time that defense has to be patched. For once I WISH 2k would go all out defense upgrade for next years version. After 2k11 everything has been nothing but offensive heavy.....

# 112 coolcras7 @ 12/02/14 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhead80
I've read a couple posts talking about already knowing/seeing one player with an updated face scan...who is this player that y'all are talking about?
I am not sure about an updated face scan but Deandre Jordan got a hair update, someone create a thread and posted a photo taken from an episode of NBA 2KTV.

# 113 DBMcGee3 @ 12/02/14 09:20 AM
Please, for the love of God, tell me they're fixing the post-game highlights. As an offline player, it is by far my biggest gripe. I'm really happy to see them doing face scan and hair style updates this year though, seems like that has been lacking for awhile now.

# 114 scottyp180 @ 12/02/14 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Whenever I shoot a three from where the arc becomes linear near the sideline and they automatically attempt to bank it, the ball goes over the backboard. I hope that gets fixed.
What are you shot settings? Is it camera relative or absolute. With camera relative you will attempt to bank shots if you aim the stick towards the rim in relation to where your player is on the court. With absolute you will attempt a bank shot if you are aiming the dtick up while taking a shot.

# 115 scottyp180 @ 12/02/14 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Some people's expectations need to be tempered about what this PATCH will do. This is still 2k15 not another game and second it's going to fix things yes but we should all know by now something else will end up messed up. It's how this stuff works. I'm just happy the art team is actually adding facescans DURING the season. Because I had completely lost hope
Good point. I think some people get a bit too excited over these patches as if they will be suddenly playing a new game after the patch releases.

# 116 Bootzilla @ 12/02/14 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Whenever I shoot a three from where the arc becomes linear near the sideline and they automatically attempt to bank it, the ball goes over the backboard. I hope that gets fixed.
You have to pull back on the shot stick from that angle or use the button. You are "shooting" a bank shot so that's why you're getting that result.

# 117 sooperb @ 12/02/14 09:47 AM
I'd normally hope this patch fixes everything but I kind of learned my lesson. Im very pessimistic about this one. I have no trust in 2K anymore. Is this flaming or trolling?

# 118 deejay2 @ 12/02/14 09:50 AM
They should fix online LAG!!!!!!! This is the first thing they need to fix! Normal matches are unplayable because of lag!

# 119 Ezekielil @ 12/02/14 10:25 AM
I wouldn't mind redoing it if it's improved.

# 120 jeebs9 @ 12/02/14 10:29 AM
Wow.... I didn't know they could do that during the season. I remember hearing about this in 2k 12 I think. But it never happen.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.