Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has announced a holiday edition of Madden NFL 15, which is a digital only exclusive. It includes 10 Pro Packs for Madden Ultimate Team, as well as a special Ghosts of Madden Past Pack featuring Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith and Ray Lewis.

UPDATE: To clarify, all 3 players will be included in the Ghosts of Madden Past Pack.

UPDATE #2: The Holiday Edition content is exclusive to new purchases.

This holiday edition of Madden NFL 15 will only be available until January 12, 2015. It costs $59.99 ($53.99 if you are an EA Access subscriber.

Read the full press release below.

GHOSTS OF MADDEN PAST HAUNT NEW HOLIDAY EDITION OF MADDEN NFL 15

Fans Receive Exclusive Legends and Bonus Ultimate Team Packs

Today EA SPORTS™ revealed a new Holiday Edition of Madden NFL 15, featuring over $20 worth of Ultimate Team content. This digital-only edition of the game is available today through January 12, 2015 on Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft and PlayStation Network*. Fans who download the game will receive not only the full version of Madden NFL 15, but will also get 10 Pro Packs for Madden Ultimate Team, as well as a special Ghosts of Madden Past Pack featuring Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith and Ray Lewis.

With Marino at the helm of the offense and Smith running the ball out of the backfield you’ll be well-equipped to pound the ball and set up the big play over the top. Ray Lewis is an intimidating figure on the other side of the ball, and with the defensive enhancements in Madden NFL 15 he’s more dangerous and disruptive than ever. Combine that with 10 Pro Packs with the potential to contain some of the best players in Madden Ultimate Team and fans can quickly find themselves with a dominant squad.

This season, Madden NFL 15 allowed players to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new NFL Films inspired presentation and it’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

MADDEN NFL 15 HOLIDAY EDITION IS AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA ON PLAYSTATION NETWORK FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 AND PLAYSTATION 4 CONSOLES, AND WORLDWIDE ON XBOX LIVE FOR THE XBOX ONE CONSOLE. HOLIDAY EDITION CONTENT AVAILABLE ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES AND EXPIRES JANUARY 31, 2015.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cardot @ 12/02/14 10:10 AM
$60 to download a sports game that has been out for 3 months? I can't imagine many people would be interested in this. For the MUT fans, I would think they would have bought the game back in August.

# 2 DGuinta1 @ 12/02/14 11:19 AM
MUT is a blast but I don't pay for players I earn them.

# 3 Vermin @ 12/02/14 11:28 AM
Consider this: People who purchased EA Access got Madden NFL 25 as part of the vault. These players were less likely to run out and buy Madden 15 with a fully playable game already at their fingertips. By now they have likely played the 6-hour trial version of Madden 15 and might be considering an update.

Including the MUT packs in a sense discounts the game if you look at the MUT content as something you would have purchased anyways. It also helps newcomers get a little more competitive against players who have been building MUT teams since launch. There is merit to the decision; not everything is corporate conspiracy theory. (The same logic could apply to the FIFA 15 Holiday Edition.)

# 4 CMadatMe @ 12/02/14 12:26 PM
Too many unknowns here for the consumer to make the right decision. For one - What are the ratings on the Marino, Smith and Lewis? For an existing MUT Player providing those cards have coin value then it's cheaper to purchase this then a 60 Bundle so it does have value. I wouldn't purchase this unless I knew the ratings on those cards.

# 5 BadAssHskr @ 12/02/14 01:19 PM
i couldn't even sit down and explain what mut actually is.

# 6 Steve_OS @ 12/02/14 01:22 PM
OP updated w/ responses from EA.

UPDATE: To clarify, all 3 players will be included in the Ghosts of Madden Past Pack.

UPDATE #2: The Holiday Edition content is exclusive to new purchases.

# 7 CMadatMe @ 12/02/14 02:02 PM
The questions still are. What OVR are those Ghost players? What does exclusive to new purchases mean? If I buy it isn't that a new purchase?

# 8 JayD @ 12/02/14 02:13 PM
OH they are still pushing Madden even though a lot of people are trading it in by now.

# 9 Steve_OS @ 12/02/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadatMe
The questions still are. What OVR are those Ghost players? What does exclusive to new purchases mean? If I buy it isn't that a new purchase?
Guessing the ratings will leak out from people that actually purchase it. Exclusive to purchase means, you buy Madden NFL 15 Holiday Edition and you get all the content that comes with it.

# 10 Fist Of Kings @ 12/02/14 11:05 PM
That's a tough sell, even if I liked mut. Unless I read it wrong, they want people to spend another $60 just to get these 3 players?

# 11 kehlis @ 12/02/14 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
That's a tough sell, even if I liked mut. Unless I read it wrong, they want people to spend another $60 just to get these 3 players?
Their likely audience isn't people who've already bought the game but those that haven't yet.

Anyone who's already bought that game that buys an extra copy is an added bonus.

It costs them nearly nothing to put this out so it's a pretty low risk high reward offer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.