Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The official MLB The Show Twitter account has announced Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder, Yasiel Puig as the cover athlete for MLB 15 The Show. Check out the full PlayStation 4 cover here.

UPDATE: As mentioned by a few OSers in this thread, Puig is shown on the cover with Nike gloves and Nike bands on his forearms. Could Nike finally make an appearance this year? It definitely looks like a good possibility.

This marks the 10 year anniversary of the franchise and SCEA plans to reveal some more news this weekend, at the PlayStation Experience.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 giantsharks @ 12/06/14 05:07 AM
I don't think people care that much. This is the only information out on the game and people, for the most part, dont like him. This is a thread about the cover of the game so people are talking about the cover of the game

# 62 BSUFAN @ 12/06/14 05:55 AM
Not a fan but then again I play what's on the inside is what counts for me.

# 63 geisterhome @ 12/06/14 05:59 AM
just asking since it's been mentioned so many times here now, what's the point of custom covers?

# 64 baseballmad @ 12/06/14 06:19 AM
Hell I can live with Puig on the cover no problem.....just as long as the game isn't a P(u)ig to play .........

# 65 Cubfan @ 12/06/14 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemurOnion
Uhhhhh.... if you have a decent printer.... and you have a physical copy.... you don't have to stare at this horrid cover?

Just a guess....

But yer an MVP here so either you are drunk or just not using common sense.

When I buy physical these days it is only for a game with a decent cover. Like the Infamous cover for PS4. Looked nice. This one.... no reason in hell for me to get physical. In fact,

I AM PRETTY SURE THEY DID THIS TO MAKE YOU BUY DIGITAL SO YOU SEND THE MONEY DIRECTLY TO SONY.

To confirm this next year's cover will be Jose Canseco.

Well played Sony.
Only buying a game for a decent cover um shouldn't it be about the gameplay? That is after all why we all buy the game for in the first place.

# 66 andrewochs615 @ 12/06/14 08:31 AM
I will laugh so hard if Puig is traded this offseason.

# 67 nemesis04 @ 12/06/14 08:48 AM
Maybe they are introducing arguments in the Show this year!

# 68 Gilley @ 12/06/14 09:18 AM
I seriously can't believe people are this upset. It makes me like Puig just that much more.

# 69 JoeMimic @ 12/06/14 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Oh yeah?? Well I think it should've been Chris Coghlan or Brian Schlitter.
Yeah that's a close comparison lol...

# 70 Gamzilla @ 12/06/14 10:42 AM
I wouldn't care if they put Jose Canseco or ARoid on the cover. I'm buying this game every year.....simply because it's the BEST SPORTS GAME EVER MADE. SMH at not buying over cover

# 71 NewNapkin @ 12/06/14 10:46 AM
I was seriously hoping for Kershaw or Mad Bum. Not because I'm a fan, but because I want to see a pitcher on the cover... they are all starting to look the same.

Obviously I won't care on Day One when the game is in my hands.

# 72 jcas007 @ 12/06/14 10:54 AM
If u don't like the cover turn it inside out

# 73 AP 17 @ 12/06/14 11:16 AM
All this discussion over a cover athlete??? I wouldn't care if Ramone was on the cover. A second installment on next-gen should be enough optimism for everyone.

# 74 D13 @ 12/06/14 11:55 AM
Thank God for custom covers.

They picked the wrong Dodger and the wrong person to represent baseball period. He's a disgrace to the game and plays with disrespect to the game. Very disappointed in what has a been a great company for baseball gaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 75 Turbojugend @ 12/06/14 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I seriously can't believe people are this upset.
Upset? Not in the slightest. A Ferrari with a Hello Kitty hood ornament is still a Ferrari.

# 76 dbly32 @ 12/06/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Thank God for custom covers.

They picked the wrong Dodger and the wrong person to represent baseball period. He's a disgrace to the game and plays with disrespect to the game. Very disappointed in what has a been a great company for baseball gaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another excellent salty post, keep them up everybody!

# 77 Bobhead @ 12/06/14 12:14 PM
Gotta love all the covert racism and xenophobia in regards to this guy. I mean I don't really like the cover but it's still sad to see some of the responses.

# 78 jcmreds @ 12/06/14 12:15 PM
This truly makes me sick.

# 79 ty5oke @ 12/06/14 12:15 PM
Puig was the #5 jersey sold in the 2nd half of the season although Kershaw was #2, it's not like Puig isn't one of the most popular players in the league.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/dere...rk-yankees-mlb

# 80 Perfect Zero @ 12/06/14 12:23 PM
Wow, this thread...

It's just a cover people (although with all of the upset people with this, I'm inclined to like Puig more).

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.