Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show will feature licensed equipment this year. Check out the trailer here. The trailer also mentions legends coming this year, so you guys can talk about that.

The game ships on March 31, 2015 for PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Below are a few key features that were announced.

The 10th edition of the franchise, MLB 15 The Show is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before with substantial improvements to both gameplay and graphics.

Licensed Equipment – For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.

Year-to-Year Saves – Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!

Universal Rewards – Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MauerMorneau09 @ 12/06/14 01:41 PM
Awesome news! Anyone know if it extends past batting gloves, bands and cleats? Are mitts, elbow/shin guards involved? I tried to zoom in on the picture of the on deck hitter with the shin guard. May or may not have seen an evo-shield logo.

# 2 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 01:43 PM
I'm sure people will be happy with licensed equipment.

Side note: Dodger Stadium is still incorrect (I submitted all the info months ago at the show nation) they got the LF bullpen overlook correct, but they still have the retired numbers under the shade roofs in the OF when in real life they were moved to the 2nd deck in LF.

# 3 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 01:44 PM
Looks like they added more flags this year.

# 4 seanjeezy @ 12/06/14 01:45 PM
March 15? You're slippin steve

# 5 Steve_OS @ 12/06/14 01:52 PM
Just added the trailer to the OP, for those that missed it.

# 6 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 01:52 PM
The trailer mentioned Legends.............wonder what that could be............

# 7 bp4baseball @ 12/06/14 01:54 PM
A small observation.... bat boy near the on-deck circle

# 8 Knight165 @ 12/06/14 01:55 PM
Legends?
I wonder if they are back!?

I'm out of the loop and I don't like it!!!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 9 merchant1874 @ 12/06/14 01:56 PM
Ok so it may not be the game we will see but.....

Visually it hasn't moved on. Player models still the same, uniforms the same and (yes ill say it) grass still same washed out carpet.

Pretty dissapointed with that snippet.

# 10 bp4baseball @ 12/06/14 01:57 PM
Can Derek Jeter be considered a legend

# 11 Factzzz @ 12/06/14 02:02 PM
Good to see licensed equipment in the game.

Terrible to see the player models still look the same, seems like graphics didn't improve at all, hopefully just because it was an early trailer, but i doubt it.

Edit: Puig lost a glove rounding the bases.

# 12 brianski71 @ 12/06/14 02:04 PM
I'm not trying to be a tool here...but why is everyone praising Sony so much for including licensed equipment? I'm not a fanboy of any company. I just want good games, I don't care who makes them. EA, 2k, heck everyone else, has had this for over a decade now. To me, it was inexcusable not to have it. Especially when they've had the Nike undershirts for 2 years now. They've obviosuly had the license, just been too lazy to implement the gear into the game. I'm glad this is coming. It looked so strange having tv-quality graphics with all generic gear. But, you all know if the roles were reversed and this was EA, everyone would be mocking them for not putting it in the game YEARS earlier.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 12/06/14 02:07 PM
Just added a few feature notes to the OP.

# 14 Knight165 @ 12/06/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
I'm not trying to be a tool here...but why is everyone praising Sony so much for including licensed equipment? I'm not a fanboy of any company. I just want good games, I don't care who makes them. EA, 2k, heck everyone else, has had this for over a decade now. To me, it was inexcusable not to have it. Especially when they've had the Nike undershirts for 2 years now. They've obviosuly had the license, just been too lazy to implement the gear into the game. I'm glad this is coming. It looked so strange having tv-quality graphics with all generic gear. But, you all know if the roles were reversed and this was EA, everyone would be mocking them for not putting it in the game YEARS earlier.
Having one Nike equipment license did not give them access to all Nike equipment.

M.K.
Knight165

# 15 Factzzz @ 12/06/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Universal Rewards – Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards
So we have to use our stubs to get licensed equipment....?

# 16 cherman24 @ 12/06/14 02:11 PM
I'm glad they add realistic things like this, but I personally would rather have alternate uniforms that have been left out and fix the lighting in the ballparks like PNC. How often are you going to actually see the logo on a sneaker or batting glove?

# 17 baseballboy13 @ 12/06/14 02:12 PM
Anyone know if they wil have manager challanges?

# 18 chaz526 @ 12/06/14 02:14 PM
Are we all missing the dugout celebration? Looked pretty cool to me.

# 19 HozAndMoose @ 12/06/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
So we have to use our stubs to get licensed equipment....?
I doubt we do for Franchise. Maybe in RTTS we do.

# 20 markus48 @ 12/06/14 02:17 PM
Did anyone else notice Puig had the generic cleats and batting gloves when he was rounding the base?

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.