Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 hawley088 @ 12/07/14 05:37 PM
So this is mlb 14 with nike gloves and shoes? Glad I get to keep my $60 next year. Need a graphics overhaul and new commentary for me to buy again

# 82 nemesis04 @ 12/07/14 05:43 PM
Some of you are unconscienable. It's one thing to be disappointed but the way some approach things with limited knowledge is mind blowing.

# 83 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 05:50 PM
If you love baseball, you'll buy it. Some can be very dramatic!

# 84 nomo17k @ 12/07/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
The radio show for '15 was just leaked...

Spoiler
I miss Rex so much... certainly better than the Karros-Lyons combo (who can distinguish their voices anyways??).

Rex is a major reason why I get to enjoy The Show on Legend difficulty these days... by talking his harsh words to heart and try to improve my game. After a while his sadistic enthusiasm started to really vibrate with the masochistic side of me. Too bad so many gamers have such thin skin...

I'm totally fine with Rex doing radio thing in future!

# 85 redsox4evur @ 12/07/14 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
Year to year saves... yeah ok not that excited about that, Id rather be able to share rosters from mlb 14 to 15. that the OSFM don't have to create everyone again would have been easier to export all the players and move them to a new rostesr for 15. but oh well. another month of work for them.

be interesting if A-Rod is in the game seeing he missed all of last year
You realize that is being able to share rosters from MLB 14 to 15, would be a year to year save, right?

# 86 ch46647 @ 12/07/14 06:57 PM
That was my question.. I am in year 4 of my franchise using the hybrid OSFM roster set.. Can I transfer my franchise file if I use a custome roster...?

# 87 redsox4evur @ 12/07/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
That was my question.. I am in year 4 of my franchise using the hybrid OSFM roster set.. Can I transfer my franchise file if I use a custome roster...?
Yea you should be able to do that, I would have to guess. And if not that is complete BS.

# 88 MauerMorneau09 @ 12/07/14 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I miss Rex so much... certainly better than the Karros-Lyons combo (who can distinguish their voices anyways??).

Rex is a major reason why I get to enjoy The Show on Legend difficulty these days... by talking his harsh words to heart and try to improve my game. After a while his sadistic enthusiasm started to really vibrate with the masochistic side of me. Too bad so many gamers have such thin skin...

I'm totally fine with Rex doing radio thing in future!
Totally agree, having either Karros or Lyons might be fine, but both are stale and I can't tell the two apart, which is a problem. I want at least some personality in the commentary, something to keep me from falling asleep.

# 89 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 07:47 PM
Lol, I can tell them apart, but most likely because I have a good ear for voices.

# 90 Bobhead @ 12/07/14 08:07 PM
The coolest thing about this whole transfer thing is that I'll be able to transfer my PS3 save to a PS4.

# 91 Bobhead @ 12/07/14 08:33 PM
Quote:
You could do that last year it's not really new.

I think franchise year to year saves are new
That's obviously what I was talking about. I'll be able to transfer my MLB '14 PS3 franchise file to MLB 15 for the PS4. It's really nice. The convenience and ingenuity of this whole transfer system can't be overstated.

# 92 RookieMiztake @ 12/07/14 09:21 PM
I am curious on how the new feature of transferring a franchise from MLB 14 to MLB 15 is going to work with all of the off-season moves that could occur in the game that is different from actual off-season moves. For example what if in MLB 14 Pablo Sandoval re-signs with the Giants. Is he now going to be a member of the Giants or is he going to be a Red Sox. Also what happens if a player retires in the game but does not retire in real life.

# 93 Heroesandvillains @ 12/07/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
That's obviously what I was talking about. I'll be able to transfer my MLB '14 PS3 franchise file to MLB 15 for the PS4. It's really nice. The convenience and ingenuity of this whole transfer system can't be overstated.
Agreed.

I still have a lot of questions on how this will work, though. We're essentially treading uncharted territory here so what exactly can and can't be done really doesn't have a precident to look back on (to my knowledge).

My most basic question will be whether or not mid-season files can transfer. Especially ones from the 2014 calendar year.

I can't wait to find out more! My 2015 Yankees are ready!

# 94 ShowTyme15 @ 12/07/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMiztake
I am curious on how the new feature of transferring a franchise from MLB 14 to MLB 15 is going to work with all of the off-season moves that could occur in the game that is different from actual off-season moves. For example what if in MLB 14 Pablo Sandoval re-signs with the Giants. Is he now going to be a member of the Giants or is he going to be a Red Sox. Also what happens if a player retires in the game but does not retire in real life.
Pretty sure when you transfer your franchise file whatever moves you or the CPU make during the franchise would transfer over with the file and you pick up where you left off.

# 95 redsox4evur @ 12/07/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Incorrect year to year save is Franchise files NOT roster files...

the problem with franchise files year to year is its pretty much out of date next year already, you do that Tanaka is gonna be a rookie everytime.

I would prefer year to year saves ROSTER files not Franchise
If you read the op then you would realize that he wanted to be able to share rosters between mlb 14 to mlb 15? So that wouldn't that be considered a year to year save? I think it would. Because you use the same file from year to year. I never said we had the ability to do so.

Also how would tanaka be a rookie every time, when you carry it over it will most likely be you picking the file from where you left off. So let's say I'm in year 2030, Tanaka will not be in my file.

# 96 redsox4evur @ 12/07/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
I thought you were meaning start a franchise on MLB 14. then just starting year 1 on MLB 15. thats why I thought Tanaka for example would always be a rookie.

I am almost 100% certain the year to year thing is only for Fracnhise files. I really hope I am wrong. because I am sure if I am the OSFM rosters wouldn't take a month work this time would just export about 85% of the work in MLB 15 default rosters.

No Doubt A -Rod will have to be a CAP as he didn't play a game last year
Yea I think it will be too.

# 97 ShowTyme15 @ 12/07/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
I thought you were meaning start a franchise on MLB 14. then just starting year 1 on MLB 15. thats why I thought Tanaka for example would always be a rookie.

I am almost 100% certain the year to year thing is only for Fracnhise files. I really hope I am wrong. because I am sure if I am the OSFM rosters wouldn't take a month work this time would just export about 85% of the work in MLB 15 default rosters.

No Doubt A -Rod will have to be a CAP as he didn't play a game last year
Arod was on the restricted list, but still on the Yankees 40 man roster the entire season. He should be in MLB 15. Also if you didn't import over him in MLB 14 and transfer your franchise file he'll be there. (As long as he didn't retire in your chise)

# 98 hitstreak13 @ 12/07/14 11:12 PM
Man, I hope pitch framing made it in this year.

# 99 Sco291 @ 12/07/14 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The Radio show, Directional hitting, Improved load times, and Licensed Equipment sound good. I'm a little disappointed though that they mention Diamond Dynasty before Franchise mode.
I still have hope. However, imo franchise should be more important than DD. But maybe they have built onto DD like re-location, stadium buolder etc. who knows yet

# 100 rays1118 @ 12/08/14 02:22 AM
Will online be playable next year???!!! or will i hit a flyball and on my screen its a double and im running home but in reality he caught the ball and its a double play

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.