Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 LastActionHero @ 12/08/14 06:14 AM
I'm intrigued by the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows but I thought shadows were already different during the start of a game depending on the time of the year when playing a franchise/season..?

I was really hoping for changing weater/cloud patterns where the sun could peak through and then later disappear again to maybe even go to full overcast.

# 102 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 06:16 AM
Well, I don't know if power really is the issue, I mean, look at nfl 2k5 for ps2! That had highlight shows that we've never seen since on these new systems.

# 103 andrewochs615 @ 12/08/14 08:50 AM
How about a complete overhaul of franchise mode?

# 104 teebee @ 12/08/14 11:06 AM
The real question: SOUNDS OF THE SHOW?? Back? Still another year with nada? Ruined last year's experience for me after being spoiled with OS's great music packs for a few years

# 105 Knight165 @ 12/08/14 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
How about a complete overhaul of franchise mode?
Franchise mode does NOT need a "complete overhaul"(God....this phrase and "stale" have to be the most overused and incorrect phrases on O.S.)

M.K.
Knight165

# 106 Turbojugend @ 12/08/14 11:21 AM
I can't believe I'd ever get excited about improved load times, but I am. I'd actually gotten accustomed to the lengthy load times in 14/PS4 until I went back and played 13/PS3, man what a difference.

I'm looking forward to good news about SotS, hopefully they've done some cutscene optimization as well. In general, they don't need to reinvent the wheel as much as make an already great game even greater.

# 107 RunN1st @ 12/08/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Radio Show you say...hmmm...interested in hearing more about this new addition.
Man, I really hope it's not like NB2K TV... "Hey, guys!"

# 108 Knight165 @ 12/08/14 12:30 PM
Oh yeah...forgot "broken".....
I can't believe that since that is the MOST overused incorrect statement on the internet regarding games!

Honorable mention: "The sliders must be reversed".

I'm sure that when the fact sheet is released....there will be more to talk about.
I'll be honest...the radio show has me most intrigued. I REALLY hope it's franchise related.
I'll temper my expectations though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 109 ShowTyme15 @ 12/08/14 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I can't believe that since that is the MOST overused incorrect statement on the internet regarding games!

I'm sure that when the fact sheet is released....there will be more to talk about.
I'll be honest...the radio show has me most intrigued. I REALLY hope it's franchise related.

M.K.
Knight165
Ever notice it's the same people every year that use these phrases...........

# 110 Ghost Of The Year @ 12/08/14 12:44 PM
I know a lot of people miss the newspaper part of the show but radio show has potential to be a hundred times better imo

# 111 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 12:52 PM
Oh believe me, radio show will be 100 times better than the newspaper... I have a small problem reading small print! Lol, I can take close pitches, but I can't read small print!

# 112 RoyceDa59 @ 12/08/14 01:06 PM
I am stilling get a game every now and then with my RTTS guy and currently in the year 2018 I believe with the Rockies (Also just started a pitcher). I would love to have some customization in the RTTS and edit some of those random generated players because they still look odd to me and shaped weird. At least they aren't as bad as MLB 13's random players.

# 113 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 01:17 PM
Ah, now we're talking!! I can't stop laughing! One funny story for all my show friends on here... Once, I had a substitute Spanish teacher, and when I had a question, I raised my hand and said, "excuse me, Mrs. Gomez?" Turns out it was a guy! Oops!

# 114 shaunjuan2000 @ 12/08/14 02:01 PM
With the update to the lighting, hopefully they will update game time temps. Playing end of May in Cleveland and it's 59 at game time. Hopefully rain delays will also be added. MVP had it, so why not the Show??

# 115 Sip_16 @ 12/08/14 02:20 PM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Not to mention in the last couple of years "port"

# 116 ShowTyme15 @ 12/08/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
Not to mention in the last couple of years "port"
This x a million

# 117 Qb @ 12/08/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Yeah, for me, fact sheet day is when the hype train leaves the station. Like many others, I hope the radio stuff plays while in the menus of franchise/RTTS. Scores, standings, transactions, etc would be a reasonable start, but maybe they have a rabbit in their hat.

# 118 aguero90 @ 12/08/14 02:49 PM
I hope there's a new radio show after each game, like the newspapers had.

# 119 Turbojugend @ 12/08/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
They really need more hair types for creating your RTTS dude, seems even long hair is short in the game, more customization please .
There was a poll for hair types, so I'm assuming we'll get a wider variety this year. And by gum there had BETTER be handlebar mustaches this year! I'm talking the Rollie Fingers type, not those half-goatee aberrations they're calling handlebars these days.

# 120 Mgbleu1986 @ 12/08/14 03:23 PM
I hope I'm wrong but when reducing load times are part of the first emerging details, there's not much hope for anything else.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.