Home
DriveClub News Post

After quite a few hiccups along the way, Driveclub continues to improve the game with updates. Game update 1.08 has arrived today, weighing in at 1.4 GB, bringing extreme weather for both online and offline play, along with two new tracks. Check out some in-game video footage here.

Currently, you can grab Driveclub for $34.99 (not sure how long the sale will last.)

Check out the full details below.

New Features
  • Adds weather to the game, for online and offline play.
  • Adds two new tracks, both including reverse variants: Atlanterhavsvegen in Norway and Sinclair Pass in Canada.
Improvements
  • Adds the option to configure Throttle/Brake controls onto Up/Down on Right Stick.
  • Adds the ability to access Club Cars when offline.
  • Adds the ability to access Club Paint Jobs when offline.
  • Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.
  • Adds player statistics to various panels within Single Event and Challenges.
  • Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
Add-ons (coming later in December)
  • Adds support for the Mazzanti Evantra, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a free download later in December.
  • Adds support for the Redline Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium download later in December. This Expansion Pack includes the Redline Car Pack and Redline Tour Pack.
  • The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
  • The Redline Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for the Elements Tour Pack, coming to PlayStationŽStore as a premium download later in December.
  • The Elements Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.

Game: DriveClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 4 - View All
DriveClub Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JMD @ 12/13/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore99
Do you guys use the single events to help up your level? Or just only do the tour events to level up?
I did a bit of each but most of my ranking up was from the single events mode.

# 62 Richzilla @ 12/13/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Agreed.

The best thing to do when you want to level up quickly is to also look at the goals for driving in certain cars/tracks/modes/etc. those bonus points add up quick.

# 63 cfiore99 @ 12/13/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm not sure if I just suck (probably), but it seems like some events in the tour I need a better car but I am not a high enough level to have unlocked it yet, so I have found myself doing single events to level up a little bit. I am absolutely horrible at drifting!!!

# 64 erickonasis @ 12/14/14 02:56 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure if I just suck (probably), but it seems like some events in the tour I need a better car but I am not a high enough level to have unlocked it yet, so I have found myself doing single events to level up a little bit. I am absolutely horrible at drifting!!!
Ive played mostly tour but you are not alone on the drifiting part..seems i can only do it when i dont want to lol

# 65 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/14/14 04:27 PM
The Simheads logo trips me out. We look like a street tough baseball team lol.

# 66 42 @ 12/14/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Do you guys use the single events to help up your level? Or just only do the tour events to level up?

Mainly tour events and replaying them to get every star.

# 67 LingeringRegime @ 12/14/14 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The Simheads logo trips me out. We look like a street tough baseball team lol.
Once we hit Level 25, we get more logos to play with.

I am going to try to match the color scheme of OS/Georgetown University this time. I wish we could create colors though.

# 68 bcruise @ 12/15/14 01:13 AM
This is insanity. The vid's not going to do it justice because of the pixelization from having THIS much crap on the screen:

(That's a really bad lap btw)

# 69 DickDalewood @ 12/15/14 06:15 AM
42 can attest to this, but I've gone from essentially hating this game at launch to now feeling this may be the best racing game I've ever played, the Forzas and GTs of the world be damn. The graphics, the handling, now the weather... The game is simply stunning and can all at once be both surreal and terrifying to play depending on the track and conditions.

# 70 Thadeus @ 12/15/14 10:42 AM
I like the game, but the developers made it a little too difficult than it needs to be imo. Also, it takes too long to unlock the cars. Talk about a grind.

# 71 half-fast @ 12/15/14 11:11 AM
I respect your opinion, but disagree. I find most games, especially sports games are too easy imo. I imagine it would be hard to drive a card that fast around tight turns in RL.

I agree with you about unlocking, however, if you join an active club, the club unlocks cars for you when people play online.

# 72 DickDalewood @ 12/15/14 02:26 PM
What I like about the difficulty is the fact that it requires you to learn the track/map. I've had several times where I want to shut the game off or throw my controller, but I give it one more go, get better at a few more corners, and suddenly instead of 7th place I find myself in 1st or 2nd.

The game truly requires a level of track memorization and skill, which is great.

# 73 Openroad_7 @ 12/15/14 02:36 PM
Question about Multiplayer; are there race rooms to join, or is everything through the Events? I tried playing online but entered an event that I didn't have a car for. It gave me a car to race but I didn't get any points because I didn't own a car for that race. How can I tell which event is for cars I have unlocked?

# 74 Zboogie @ 12/16/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
Question about Multiplayer; are there race rooms to join, or is everything through the Events? I tried playing online but entered an event that I didn't have a car for. It gave me a car to race but I didn't get any points because I didn't own a car for that race. How can I tell which event is for cars I have unlocked?
If you a good driver and race clean? I will let you join my club it's at level 32 and all the club cars are unlock.

# 75 erickonasis @ 12/16/14 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
I respect your opinion, but disagree. I find most games, especially sports games are too easy imo. I imagine it would be hard to drive a card that fast around tight turns in RL.

I agree with you about unlocking, however, if you join an active club, the club unlocks cars for you when people play online.

Yes it can be frustrating at times (i still HATE the drift challenges) but theres no better feeling after playing a track 10 times finally getting that winning time or finishing in the top 3

# 76 Zboogie @ 12/16/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
What I like about the difficulty is the fact that it requires you to learn the track/map. I've had several times where I want to shut the game off or throw my controller, but I give it one more go, get better at a few more corners, and suddenly instead of 7th place I find myself in 1st or 2nd.

The game truly requires a level of track memorization and skill, which is great.
Ain't that the truth! that's the only way you can master the turns and braking when you memorize the track. I plus 1 this! because the more you know the track and the cars you drive the more deadlier you become in driveclub. I am now also a Top 3 guy online when it comes to multiplayer races. That's all credit for knowing the tracks and cars.

# 77 Zboogie @ 12/16/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
I like the game, but the developers made it a little too difficult than it needs to be imo. Also, it takes too long to unlock the cars. Talk about a grind.
The grind help you become better at driving! It's like DriveClub Miyagi us! we hate how long it takes. But we don't know at the end when we finish unlocking everything how great of a driver we become. Because some of those tour challenging! You dang near need to drive perfect to win i.e. those time trials lol.

# 78 Zboogie @ 12/16/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Yes it can be frustrating at times (i still HATE the drift challenges) but theres no better feeling after playing a track 10 times finally getting that winning time or finishing in the top 3
I just stated this! it's the best feeling.

# 79 Openroad_7 @ 12/16/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboogie
If you a good driver and race clean? I will let you join my club it's at level 32 and all the club cars are unlock.

Still in the learning stages his game, improving now that I moved the acceleration to the Right Analog. I try to race clean, but tend to bump AI Cars when they stop short in front of me.

Does joining a club that already has the cars unlocked take away from the experience of unlocking them? Also would I be able to use the cars offline as well?

Otherwise I am down to join. PSN ROADKING17

# 80 Zboogie @ 12/16/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
Still in the learning stages his game, improving now that I moved the acceleration to the Right Analog. I try to race clean, but tend to bump AI Cars when they stop short in front of me.

Does joining a club that already has the cars unlocked take away from the experience of unlocking them? Also would I be able to use the cars offline as well?

Otherwise I am down to join. PSN ROADKING17
Actually it wouldn't you need to join a club anyways to unlock club cars. Because it's broke up in 2 sections, you have drivers cars and club cars. Yes you will be able to use them offline as well. I'll add you brah!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.