Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It is really hard to imagine an Oakland Raiders team this bad may not be that far from turning into a winner. With team's pulling off major turnarounds in the last few years (think the '13 Chiefs), it's easy to wonder what the Raiders would have to do for a similar reversal. That said, here are three quick moves outside of drafting the next Andrew Luck that the Raiders can make to turn their fortunes around in a Madden 15 Connected Franchise, provided you are playing on a realistically challenging level of course:

1. Find a Playmaker: Let's forget for a second that Derek Carr is their starting quarterback. When James Jones is your best option to throw the ball to and Darren McFadden is getting the bulk of the carries in the run game, something is wrong.

Every Raider's owner in Madden 15 would be wise to go out and find a playmaker at a cheap price.

2. Get Younger on Defense: With one of the oldest defenses in the NFL, it might be time to shed some of that in return for whatever draft picks you can get. Go defense heavy in the 2015 draft.

3. Find a Game Manager: This doesn't necessarily need to be a quarterback. DeMarco Murray has become a game manager for the Cowboys, and Matt Forte one for the Bears. Consistent QB's are hard to find, but consistent football players are a little less rare. Go out and find the guy you are comfortable enough to give 20-30 touches a game, and let that improved defense win some games for you.

Up Next: The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Philadelphia 76ers

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JBH3 @ 01/05/15 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I hate trying to work with the Raiders offense. With no weapons, it's a real challenge, but Carr is pretty good.

It's challenging but I got 2 80+ skill players in my first draft:

WR Daryn Shipley 81 Ovr
TE Rodriguez McClam 83 Ovr

Carr has got a rocket arm but his touch is not there, but I look forward to working with this team.

# 22 Smythers51 @ 02/01/15 12:26 PM
The Raiders have been really fun to build up in my CFM. Just won the Super Bowl with them. Concentrated on improving the DL (3/4 have been drafted and are beasts). Also was able to draft starters at HB, S, and RT. FA and Trade additions of Frank Gore, Clay Matthews, Brandon Flowers, Andre Johnson, Jermichael Finley, Wes Welker and Greg Jennings were added for the Super Bowl team (moved Sio to MLB) this was year 3 of the CFM so even though the WRs were slow they can still be effective. For year 4 I let Darnell Dockett and Justin Tuck go but was able to sign Mario Williams and I traded for WR Jordy Nelson. Probably one of the most fun cycles I have had in Madden with building a team.

# 23 2w0 @ 02/03/15 03:16 PM
Oakland has to be the easiest franchise to build up. Khalil Mack starts as a 92 OVR with every single trait unlocked -- this makes him a nasty pass rusher right out the gate and you don't even need to waste any Game Prep on him for him to be a 99 OVR by Week 10. So you can focus all your Game Prep on Derek Carr and have him in the low 90s by the time the post season comes around. All you need is to pick up one decent over-the-hill WR from Free Agency to help out Streeter, and to move Latavius Murray to the top of the Depth Chart to take advantage of his rookie XP.

In the first off-season, you'll probably be signing a lot of older Free Agency talent to 1-year contracts to fill in any holes you couldn't take care of in the draft, but after that, you oughta have a nearly entire team full of young highly rated players with long contracts.

# 24 RogueHominid @ 02/11/15 12:29 PM
I have recently found lots of ways to get Reece the ball. In terms of finding your playmaker, he's the one.

I'm currently experimenting with the STL book, which has several direct plays in the running and passing game for the FB, including more downfield routes that swings and checkdowns, and which also has plenty of FB/HB sub packages or Jumbo Backfield packages that get Reece in at HB.

I make sure he gets 10-12 touches a game and he usually comes up with at least one big play per game due to his odd combination of speed and catching ability.

Also, I'd say to play those young corners. Cut Rogers and play McGill, Carrie, and Chekwa. Several young guys have great size and press ability to go with decent speed, so you only need to up AWR and maybe the coverage values slightly to turn them into great press man guys.

# 25 beastmode2013 @ 02/16/15 08:49 PM
First thing I do with Oakland is build up the secondary, then go DT. Signed Byron Maxwell in FA. Grabbed five rookies on defense in the first draft - CB, CB, S, DT(83ovr), DT. I noticed these positions are very deep! Season after next I should probably have the best D line and secondary in the league.

# 26 BradMc @ 02/24/15 03:24 PM
Raiders offense plus Rams playbook. That is all.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.