Home
NHL 15 News Post

Electronic Arts has released a new roster update for NHL 15 to reflect recent player injuries, line changes, and team transactions. Five NHL rookies have also received slight ratings increases:

Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary) -- 76 overall to 81 overall
Victor Rask (Carolina) -- 69 overall to 74 overall
Aaron Ekblad (Florida) -- 75 overall to 81 overall
Filip Forsberg (Nashville) -- 77 overall to 81 overall
Jori Lehterä (St. Louis) -- 77 overall to 80 overall

EA's twitter account also states that there were "big changes to CHL rosters."

Read More - New NHL 15 Roster Update Raises Rookie Ratings, Improves CHL

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 teebee @ 12/11/14 10:28 AM
So they updated and you are still complaining? TIRED ACT

# 2 TheKid40 @ 12/11/14 10:39 AM
Really wish if you updated the rosters that the rosters would be downloaded to your current GM Mode. What a bother.

# 3 snc237 @ 12/11/14 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
So they updated and you are still complaining? TIRED ACT
Well it was a pretty piss poor update considering this has been the only ratings changes this far and the rosters themselfs only get update once a month. Every other sports game has an update at least every week and they are pretty detailed. In NHLs case it's like they draw straws at the last minute and who ever loses gets the burden of updating the rosters. However we should have seen this coming, the NHL series has always been like this for roster update so I don't know why we are complaining. It's nothing new until they say otherwise.

# 4 AdamJones113 @ 12/11/14 11:10 AM
Well written. It seems as if this was an update for the sake of being able to say an update was released, rather than an update for the sake of an update. Would EA like to tell us what, in fact, they changed in the CHL? If anyone on OS can chime in with the CHL updates I'd appreciate that very much.

The ability to edit players would have made this game a lot different, and perhaps more importantly, would have affected the way it is publicly treated by customers and EA. Or, why not add a Revamped guy or two and get solid, consistent roster updates?

# 5 desperado462 @ 12/11/14 11:10 AM
Why won't they just allow roster sharing? AND, more importantly, ALLOW us to edit player attributes DURING a season in progress..what is the big deal? Then we can keep our current GM game updated...MLB The Show allows this..I don't get why EA is so anti-roster editing

# 6 Moose24x @ 12/11/14 12:05 PM
It's welcome for some guys to receive the boost but a ton of young players were ignored still and, worse in my opinion, since the young players will at least improve in a season or two, is that guys like Rene Bourque and Brendan Morrow and Olli Jokinen are still drastically overrated. Guys who are declining/flat out sucking need to receive ratings adjustments. Don't just raise the handful of popular 'name' rookies to appease the masses who aren't concerned with the less known players. Do an actual update to the ratings.

# 7 jyoung @ 12/11/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid40
Really wish if you updated the rosters that the rosters would be downloaded to your current GM Mode. What a bother.
Yep, I like the way that Konami does it in their Pro Yakyuu Spirits series:

After downloading a new roster in PYS, the game will ask you if you want to apply that roster to your existing season/franchise files or if you just want to leave your files alone and keep them as they were.

# 8 MizzouRah @ 12/11/14 04:38 PM
Quote:
Agreed... this should be standard by now.

# 9 DBj386 @ 12/11/14 04:46 PM
These rosters continue to be thrown together once a month with zero care or attention detail. They updated a few rookies. But players like Brodie, lecavalier, and countless others stay at the same rating despite deserving increases/drops. They have removed Pens top prospect Derrick Pouliot from the game for some reason despite playing in the AHL all year. He was a 75 ovr with elite potential and had been in the game since launch.

# 10 Moose24x @ 12/11/14 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBj386
These rosters continue to be thrown together once a month with zero care or attention detail. They updated a few rookies. But players like Brodie, lecavalier, and countless others stay at the same rating despite deserving increases/drops. They have removed Pens top prospect Derrick Pouliot from the game for some reason despite playing in the AHL all year. He was a 75 ovr with elite potential and had been in the game since launch.

Exactly. It's great they increased the few hot names that everyone has been clamoring for but they didn't actually improve the overall rosters at all otherwise. So many guys like LeCavalier and Jokinen are insanely overrated for this point in their careers. And plenty of lesser known players are still deserving of upgrades.

# 11 ericromain @ 12/11/14 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Agreed... this should be standard by now.
This has been my main barrier that keeps me out of GM or season modes. I just want the rosters to reflect the real life current rosters.

Also, i wish EA would let the rosters be managed by the community. I understand they aren't resourced well enough to keep the day-to-day line up ready to go, but if reddit can post a game thread with the current line ups every game, surely the EA NHL fan community could. Just give us the ability.

# 12 TNKNGM @ 12/11/14 08:12 PM
Is David Pastrnak in the game yet?

# 13 canucksss @ 12/12/14 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado462
I don't get why EA is so anti-roster editing
Several reasons I can think of:

1. No matter what numbers the put, ALL PLAYERS PLAY THE SAME WAY (line 4 Forwards/D3 Defense plays the same like L1 F and D1 Dmen.

2. Exposes their lack of attention to details - OS members are far better in creating rosters than EA.

3. Gameplay will not show you the difference even if they a higher attribute or not.

I am very sure many can still add their reasons why EA is not allowing us to edit rosters. Its already 2014 and we have now powerful consoles, still shocking why EA is not allowing this. There is/are reason/s whey they are not allowing us to have a complete control of the game we already bought.

# 14 jyoung @ 12/12/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Is David Pastrnak in the game yet?
He is not listed on Boston's roster.

# 15 gator3guy @ 12/12/14 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
He is not listed on Boston's roster.
He's on Providence.

# 16 tabulaRasa @ 12/13/14 06:06 AM
Top 20 player in nhl, leader of +\- by far, junior Word Champion star, top draft pic, in nhl 15 upgraded to 81. Wow, 81!

# 17 tabulaRasa @ 12/13/14 06:07 AM
World that is, stupid autocorrect

# 18 tabulaRasa @ 12/13/14 06:13 AM
Forsberg is Way better. Nashville wouldnt trade him for top elite players. Washington were morons trading him, everyone WHO watched juniors knew that.

# 19 headzapp @ 12/13/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
I've always wanted that in every sports game. Have an option to have your franchise mode to update and match the real rosters. Also I wish, especially in NHL we could have our own set lines for online play. Even calling up players from the AHL. I glitched the system once a few years where Reaves from the Blues was in the AHL and I somehow got him on the NHL roster for online. I could never figure it out again.

# 20 stevendah @ 12/14/14 12:44 AM
Captains and player equipment is still wrong.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.