Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

More MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed by Target. They also have a special pre-order price of $39.99 for PlayStation 4 gamers, but many are getting errors when trying to get it at that price, (thanks for the heads up Gleebo)!

Some of the new details that have been revealed on their product page include a new New Human IK Engine, new Tag System, revamped commentary, overhauled Franchise mode and more.

For the first time, partnerships with real-world equipment brands will bring MLB-accurate bats, gloves, shoes, and batting gloves to the game. Customize your Road to The Show player in the best gear from the sport’s best brands.

It’s not just the gear that’s more authentic this year. Players and teams also have more unique personalities and styles plus a wide array of emotional reactions to all the heartbreak and triumph on the field.

And that field will be more action-packed with new animations, a new tag system, and completely new Human IK engine. In 2015, playing the field will be as exciting as stepping up to the plate.

MLB 15 The Show also features major graphical improvements. Enhanced stadium lighting, Improved gloss and specular, resulting in more natural lighting on players. Seasonal day/night transitions have also been added into the world of The Show.

And the improvements aren’t all animations and graphics. The game itself has gotten deeper with more ways to play, earn rewards, and put together a Hall of Fame career.

Best of all, Universal rewards will mean that all of that gameplay earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards. We’re introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.

Make yourself a legend and never start your career or season over again. With Year-to-Year saves, users will be able to continue their Road to The Show players and Franchises from MLB 14 The Show into MLB 15 The show, and into future releases.“

All of that is only scratching the surface of how MLB 15 The Show is ready to prove that Baseball Is Better. Revamped commentary, improved load times, and an overhauled franchise mode are also on-deck to help make the 10th edition of The Show the best one yet.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 countryboy @ 01/06/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Could classic stadiums return this year?

Sent From My Galaxy S7
I would be surprised if classic stadiums returned this year. Given what I've read in the amount of time it takes to build a stadium coupled with the fact this is a shorter development cycle due to later release last year, I would be extremely, although pleasantly, surprised.

# 162 ShowTyme15 @ 01/06/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
what new stadiums ?
They added more Spring Training and Minor League Stadiums

# 163 ShowTyme15 @ 01/06/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
We know we're getting some new stadiums in '15, but historic ballparks seem unlikely based on previous comments from the devs. It will probably end up being more MiLB/ST stadiums.
Ramone liked this post. Pretty much gives people the answer on classic stadiums.

# 164 RyanLaFalce @ 01/06/15 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Ramone liked this post. Pretty much gives people the answer on classic stadiums.
Of course. Lol

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 165 kehlis @ 01/06/15 07:11 PM
I don't believe we will ever again see classic stadiums.

# 166 Ghost Of The Year @ 01/06/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What, they're taking out Fenway & Wrigley?
J/K, sort of

# 167 Jimmydm90 @ 01/06/15 09:14 PM
Quote:

"Due to time constraints for 2014, Classic Stadiums & Possibly Fictitious stadiums should be back for MLB'15" - hittersaurusrex (moderator on The Show Nation forums)

I don't think we'll see classic stadiums in 15 but I would be very surprised if, down the line, we don't see the return of at least a few of the classic stadiums that are on PS3. Baseball, probably more than any other sport, is about history and legacy. I doubt MLB:TS will abandon the classics all together. They're putting in legends this year. Who's to say we won't get legendary stadiums next year or the year after?

Or at least create stadium so we can recreate our favorites.

# 168 kehlis @ 01/06/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
"Due to time constraints for 2014, Classic Stadiums & Possibly Fictitious stadiums should be back for MLB'15" - hittersaurusrex (moderator on The Show Nation forums)

I don't think we'll see classic stadiums in 15 but I would be very surprised if, down the line, we don't see the return of at least a few of the classic stadiums that are on PS3. Baseball, probably more than any other sport, is about history and legacy. I doubt MLB:TS will abandon the classics all together. They're putting in legends this year. Who's to say we won't get legendary stadiums next year or the year after?

Or at least create stadium so we can recreate our favorites.
No one, that's why I didn't state it as fact but as my personal belief.

I get the history of the stadiums and don't get me wrong, I am not at all against having them in regardless of the "resources" they use. They have such a storied history I would be fine sacrificing elsewhere (if that's what it takes) to get the stadiums.

I do however believe that the actual demand for classic stadiums is far more limited than what a site like OS or the Show nation would indicate.

I also believe it's been stated that their is a hefty cost to have those stadiums (a cost that has likely gone up since those stadiums were in previously).

Given just those two factors when you look at it from the other side (the business side), it would cost them quite a bit whether it be monetary or opportunity cost and wouldn't really benefit them at all.

I've heard a lot of people claim they wouldn't buy the game for a lot of silly silly things but I've NEVER heard someone say they wouldn't buy it because of a lack of classic stadiums.

Basically, everyone here who buys the game is going to buy it with or without classics and I don't see much of an increase in sales solely for adding them.

I think the way to go, and again, I haven't even heard this mentioned or suggested would be that they are offered as DLC. That way they are still getting a return for their cost.

Of course all this comes with the caveat that the dev team we are talking about is vastly different than anything we are accustomed to and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't care about any of the above.

# 169 Godgers12 @ 01/07/15 01:06 PM
On the classic stadium front. The Show can have their cake and eat it too. All they have to do is add create a stadium along with a stadium share feature. Then they get classic stadiums in the game at no extra monatary cost to them.

# 170 dalger21 @ 01/07/15 02:44 PM
Quote:

I do however believe that the actual demand for classic stadiums is far more limited than what a site like OS or the Show nation would indicate.

I also believe it's been stated that their is a hefty cost to have those stadiums (a cost that has likely gone up since those stadiums were in previously).

Given just those two factors when you look at it from the other side (the business side), it would cost them quite a bit whether it be monetary or opportunity cost and wouldn't really benefit them at all.
This should be stickied for each person that always ask why classic/legendary stadiums aren't in "The Show" on the PS4.

# 171 Godgers12 @ 01/07/15 11:59 PM
I'm wondering how they will be able to add an in depth create a stadium feature without running out of disk space or creating frame rate issues. I honestly think if they were to add something that big it would likely have to be a server based or online feature. Where you have to create the stadium online then upload it to the game. Hope I'm wrong and the power of the PS4 can handle it.

# 172 Eman5805 @ 01/08/15 01:35 PM
This new animation system is a potential game changer.

And it might even allow for create-a-batting/pitching animation. I can see how the retargeting thing is something they really can't wait to implement. Players had to have a certain arm length before because the model would probably do nothing but collide with itself to make someone who is 5'9" do the animation of a 6'4" model. Shorter arms and such. With this, it almost solves the problem. Makes everything more fluid most likely.

And we might also finally see the end to those impossible wrist bends during batting animations where the bat swings almost parallel with the batters forearms.

If this works as it should, we should see an instant recognizable difference from the first bit of gameplay.

So...when's that trailer coming out?

# 173 aguero90 @ 01/08/15 04:47 PM
Every time I play the show, I think to myself that the sound of bat on ball really needs an upgrade! It just doesn't sound solid enough, not like a real bat on ball makes. I especially can tell the difference, because my hearing is unbelievable, (that saying about other senses being better when you lack one is true!) As it stands now, the sound is very "crcked bat sounding." not, "solid wood sound." Listen to a real life sound, then hear the show, and you'll see what I mean.

# 174 MauerMorneau09 @ 01/08/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
This new animation system is a potential game changer.

And it might even allow for create-a-batting/pitching animation. I can see how the retargeting thing is something they really can't wait to implement. Players had to have a certain arm length before because the model would probably do nothing but collide with itself to make someone who is 5'9" do the animation of a 6'4" model. Shorter arms and such. With this, it almost solves the problem. Makes everything more fluid most likely.

And we might also finally see the end to those impossible wrist bends during batting animations where the bat swings almost parallel with the batters forearms.

If this works as it should, we should see an instant recognizable difference from the first bit of gameplay.

So...when's that trailer coming out?
The create a batting stance/pitching motion feature has always been something that's flown under the radar and I personally would love to see it in the game eventually. I've wondered if the PS4 camera could/would be implemented with it as well.

# 175 kmoser @ 01/08/15 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Every time I play the show, I think to myself that the sound of bat on ball really needs an upgrade! It just doesn't sound solid enough, not like a real bat on ball makes. I especially can tell the difference, because my hearing is unbelievable, (that saying about other senses being better when you lack one is true!) As it stands now, the sound is very "crcked bat sounding." not, "solid wood sound." Listen to a real life sound, then hear the show, and you'll see what I mean.

I have thought this for a while. They need to get more real life bat-ball contact recordings or something. It doesn't sound like what you would hear when you are either at the game or even watching it on tv. There needs to be more variety.

# 176 aguero90 @ 01/08/15 06:03 PM
Exactly! Listen to ASB05, sounds just like tv and real life! Also MVP was good, but that one sounded more like aluminum.

# 177 nemesis04 @ 01/09/15 07:18 AM
They have recorded actual on field sound a few years back for this type stuff.

# 178 RyanLaFalce @ 01/09/15 07:41 AM
When do you guys think this will be available on the PS Store for pre-order? I want to get that over with!

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 179 Blzer @ 01/09/15 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They have recorded actual on field sound a few years back for this type stuff.
They did, which makes this all the more unfortunate (because normally that means they won't be addressed again for a while). But sometimes things don't translate right. Maybe it's a different mic, maybe it's on a sound stage instead of on a field, maybe they used a different bat, maybe they hit it off a tee, maybe it was hit by a developer and not a pro, maybe they didn't account for all hit types. For the most part, you really only hear just a few sounds, and the bat can have millions of different sounds. Even some players have a different kind of "explosion" when they hit it.

A bit off-topic, but it's like when I hear a player goes in and does his own mo-cap, say Buster Posey in 2011 or whatever year. Just because he went in and did it doesn't mean his stance was actually accurate. I watch him bat like 500 times a year, I'm not going to be placebo'd by the fact that somebody tells me who did what. Low and behold, it was bettered the next year. Apparently he just didn't do his own stance right, lol.

# 180 aguero90 @ 01/09/15 08:23 AM
Sometimes when I go to a Yanks game, I bring a digital recorder, and it picks up all the baseball sounds. I just played it back now, and bat on ball sounds just like ASB series did. So I don't know what they did back then, but they nailed it!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.