Home
PES 2015 News Post

The great Dutch footballer and former Barcelona manager Johan Cruyff once said "Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple." It's in this vein that we'll explore the intricacies of PES' latest rendition as it relates to attacking and defending. In this first installment we'll take a look at the attacking side of the game because, let's be honest, strikers get the glory.

In order to set your side up for a successful attack in PES 2015 you'll need to take a few minutes to understand how PES 2015 is set up. The first area we'll take a look at is...

Read More - Pro Evolution Soccer 2015: Offensive Tactics Guide

Game: PES 2015Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
PES 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 richgrisham @ 01/09/15 10:11 AM
This is fantastic. Looking forward to really implementing these strategies as I have just recently started my Master League.

# 2 ijac @ 01/09/15 11:00 AM
This is great stuff. Thanks!

I'm seeing a problem with tactics in Master League. Anyone else seeing this?

Before you start a Master League go to Edit. Select a team (Real Madrid, for example). Select Game Plan and check out the default strategy. Make a note of what you see.

Now start a Master League with Real Madrid. In your Master League check out the Game Plan. What I see is that the game plan has completely changed from the default. Every other team has also changed.

Anyone else seeing this? Does this seem odd to anyone else? Shouldn't the default Game Plan carry over into Master League?

# 3 xicpanad @ 01/09/15 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijac

Before you start a Master League go to Edit. Select a team (Real Madrid, for example). Select Game Plan and check out the default strategy. Make a note of what you see.

Now start a Master League with Real Madrid. In your Master League check out the Game Plan. What I see is that the game plan has completely changed from the default. Every other team has also changed.

Anyone else seeing this? Does this seem odd to anyone else? Shouldn't the default Game Plan carry over into Master League?
It must be something hardcoded.
I remember PES 5 was similar. no matter how you set CPU teams, they would change the starting line up and sometimes formation in Master League Mode. Canīt recall about other versions as I never wasted too much time in editing formations again.

# 4 KG @ 01/09/15 02:26 PM
Quote:

Hmm, I'll take a look at this tonight. Maybe the CPU manager changed it on the fly during the match depending on the results?

I'm glad you enjoyed the article too btw

# 5 ijac @ 01/09/15 05:32 PM
This is before playing any matches. The Game Plan's "reset" or something. Just about every team changes to a 4-2-3-1 formation or something like that. Check the Game Plan of your first opponent before the match in Master League. Go back into Edit and see if that teams Game Plan has been changed from default too. I tried this with Arsenal as well, btw.

If you start a new Champions League or Become a Legend the Game Plans do not change from default.

BTW, I'm not changing any of the teams tactics in Edit Mode. Just sticking with the default settings.

# 6 RoyceDa59 @ 01/09/15 05:55 PM
Nice article haven't been playing much in the last few weeks but I am waiting for the next update to jump back in.

# 7 LingeringRegime @ 01/09/15 07:56 PM
Great stuff Kevin!

# 8 ijac @ 01/13/15 10:06 AM
Hey KG. Did you get a chance to test tactics in Master League?

# 9 dcherry @ 01/16/15 01:57 PM
I miss the days when you could easily change the 5 levels of aggressiveness during the game.

I know you can change it during a game now as well, but it requires a lot of set up and isn't intuitive.

# 10 fugazi @ 01/22/15 01:16 PM
wait...you can't adjust attack-mindedness and defense-mindedness on the fly anymore?

# 11 KG @ 01/22/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
wait...you can't adjust attack-mindedness and defense-mindedness on the fly anymore?
Not like you used to BUT you can adjust them within your "on-the-fly" formations, ie Offensive, Defensive, and Custom.

# 12 KG @ 01/23/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Hey KG. Did you get a chance to test tactics in Master League?
Yeah, I just tested by switching my next opponent, Flamengo in edit mode. Went to play them and they were stuck with their default formation, ugh.

# 13 ijac @ 01/26/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah, I just tested by switching my next opponent, Flamengo in edit mode. Went to play them and they were stuck with their default formation, ugh.
Thanks for testing, KG. This seems like a rather big bug. I contacted Konami customer service to report this bug and they told me this was done by design. I don't believe that at all.

I love how the team tactics work in this game. But the fact that team tactics are broken in Master League kills the Master League, in my opinion.

KG, do you have Konami's ear? Can you report this bug to them? Can they fix this in a patch?

# 14 KG @ 01/26/15 02:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks for testing, KG. This seems like a rather big bug. I contacted Konami customer service to report this bug and they told me this was done by design. I don't believe that at all.

I love how the team tactics work in this game. But the fact that team tactics are broken in Master League kills the Master League, in my opinion.

KG, do you have Konami's ear? Can you report this bug to them? Can they fix this in a patch?
ijac,

yeah it seems odd that it worked in the past but not in 2015. I'm working on getting a contact over there so if I do, I will definitely pass along this issue as well as others.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.