Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC has released another free content update for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just over 1.1 GB. As mentioned previously, it includes Holly Holm, Rafael dos Anjos, Eddie Alvarez and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson. A few other fixes have been added as well, check them out in the image above.

Quote:
UPDATE: This will mark the last major update for the game as we’ll now begin shifting focus towards the future.

Get in a few fights and post your thoughts!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fishingtime @ 01/25/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
"Complete" is a highly subjective criteria as well. Not trying to make excuses or anything, but it's true. How can you objectively define when EA Sports UFC is complete or not?

Like aholbert said, it's not like we promised feature X and then left it out. That would certainly be considered an incomplete game.

It may have been incomplete when compared to expectations, and I think that's where a lot of the frustration came from, especially at launch. But again, that's highly subjective as everyone's expectations are different.

I'm just happy we were given the opportunity to make the game better than it was at launch.
Unfortunately people cry about it not being the same game they bought, but it is so much better than at launch. Especially now. Not perfect, but still a great game.

# 42 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/25/15 06:01 PM
I consider this game good but not great. My standards for a great game is pretty high. A lot of things I see in this game that I play daily I don't like, but I simply overlook for now. But when the sequel comes out, most of these problems I see in game play better be fixed for a game that comes out every other year.

Some problems I don't like.

1. If you stand still and don't move, the CPU will do the same and sometimes 20 seconds will go by with both guys just standing. I would like to see the CPU attack more.

2. I would like to see fighter specific moves. For some reason EA thinks every fighter throws a front kick. I would say way too many fighters in this game have a front kick. So I would like to see fighter specific strikes and fighter specific throws and take downs.

3. Leg kicks need to MEAN SOMETHING. This aspect of MMA no company who ever made a MMA game ever got correct. Leg kicks look pretty but THEY DO NOTHING. Leg kicks should severely limit a fighter's speed of movement and effect their chances on take downs, take down defense and even throwing a kick or a punch. Leg kick TKO need to happen as well.

4. Knee strikes are way too weak. You can knee a guy in the face 25 times in a row before he actually gets KO'ed most of the time. And knee strikes to the body don't do enough damage. Hell body strikes in general don't do enough damage.

5. I don't like how easily the CPU pushes your arms away when you go for a muay thai clinch in the center of the ring. It seems like they automatically block it. Shouldn't be that way. Also don't like how the CPU don't dirty box in the single collar tie.

6. I don't like how fast the CPU moves going backwards when you are going forward trying to finish the fight off when you got him hurt.

7. I don't like that there is no USER control over wanting to throw a leg kick when you want to throw it.

8. I would prefer to see way more variety in take downs and throws. Some double legs, some driving double legs, double leg side scoop slams, some lifting single legs, more variety in judo throws and leg trips.

9. I would prefer the submission game to be much simpler and easier on a person's control sticks without a screen interface playing some stupid mini game just to get a sub. IMO the success of a person slapping on a submission move should be based on their sub offensive rating and the opponents sub defensive rating. No mini game should be involved at all.

Having to play mini game just kills all the immersion and quickly reminds you of yes, you are indeed playing a video game.

10. More submission moves added, standing submissions, back submissions.

Once EA UFC has all those things, I would consider this a great game. Until then it is just a good game.

# 43 tc020791 @ 01/26/15 02:23 AM
Two things that come straight to mind for me would being allowed to watch the other fights on your card and also being able to look at every result you've had in your career and who it was against.

With that being said I still love this game, big ups to EA, I can't wait for the next one.

# 44 Flightwhite24 @ 01/26/15 11:28 AM
For those still interested in buying this game you can pick it up at Best Buy pre-owned for $19.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 timmg @ 01/27/15 01:44 AM
Im on xb1 does this update automatically, i cnt find it

# 46 DaveDQ @ 01/27/15 12:45 PM
It's 10 bucks this week for xbox gold members.

# 47 woody2goody @ 01/29/15 09:46 AM
Great additions, the roster is now outstanding so well done EA for that.

I still think there are two main things to fix - there is still not as much penalty for being hit in the head with power shots as there should be.

The beauty of UFC3 is that you really do not want to take head damage.

Spinning techniques are too easy to land by both the human and CPU opponent, especially during hectic exchanges.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.