Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

A user on Steam, by the name of lima, has posted this tutorial on how to get around the shoe glitch in NBA 2K15.

Quote:
1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)

If you would rather watch a video explaining the process, check out this video from Nykefaller.

If you aren't interested in the workaround, 2K is offering refunds. It doesn't look like a patch is coming to fix the issue, but Ronnie did leave the door open.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 xfhxdty @ 02/08/15 10:30 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 82 SmooveBeast @ 02/08/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
Yes I did this and got my Signature Shoe a few days later. Only problem is that My Signature Shoes are being worn for all my Players.
I got my signature shoe this morning. You just have to go back and redo the method again.

# 83 Bigbodc @ 02/08/15 02:04 PM
I had to do it. KD 7 Bad Apple. I know that they don't go with my Wizards uni but I can only play 2k15 with shoes that I actually ball in in real life!!!

Wonder if I am the only one that does this.....lol

Attachment 91775

# 84 TrustedDegree4 @ 02/08/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
I got my signature shoe this morning. You just have to go back and redo the method again.
Aight going to do it sometime.

# 85 SmooveBeast @ 02/08/15 04:43 PM

# 86 Bigbodc @ 02/08/15 04:45 PM
that's a good look smooth beast. The work around is a beautiful thing.

# 87 SmooveBeast @ 02/08/15 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbodc
that's a good look smooth beast. The work around is a beautiful thing.
Thanks man. Yea, I'm glad it was discovered

# 88 zdfhzxh @ 02/09/15 12:49 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 89 Magnus1959 @ 02/09/15 01:09 PM

# 90 Magnus1959 @ 02/09/15 01:34 PM

# 91 msufanatic @ 02/10/15 10:13 AM
Tried this multiple time yesterday with a variety of shoes following every step. Did not work.... Has anyone tried this recently? Is it still working?

# 92 redsox4evur @ 02/10/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msufanatic
Tried this multiple time yesterday with a variety of shoes following every step. Did not work.... Has anyone tried this recently? Is it still working?
I did it over the weekend either Friday or Saturday. I could only get home shoes done which is fine for me. I followed a video that was posted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLm47qnZ4f4 Here it is for you.

# 93 Magnus1959 @ 02/10/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msufanatic
I did just yesterday and it worked just fine. Did you watch the video also?

# 94 msufanatic @ 02/10/15 11:12 AM
Yup did everything exactly as was showcased on PS4.

# 95 hxgh @ 02/10/15 12:50 PM

# 96 24ct @ 02/10/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxgh
Bruh. U can just make them the same colors as the shoes already in the game. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

It does suck this doesn't work for MyPark...

Some guys did mention if you watch your shoe commercial you get to where them but I still have to buy my shoe multiple times for myPark and that needs to be fixed...

# 97 MasterTMar @ 02/11/15 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Bruh. U can just make them the same colors as the shoes already in the game. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Some guys did mention if you watch your shoe commercial you get to where them but I still have to buy my shoe multiple times for myPark and that needs to be fixed...
They are trolling w/ that(those) post

# 98 Magnus1959 @ 02/13/15 12:08 PM

# 99 redsox4evur @ 02/13/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTMar
They are trolling w/ that(those) post
It's a bot account. Not a real person.

# 100 zccfgxzg @ 02/14/15 10:47 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.