Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

To commemorate MLB 15 The Show and 10 years on PlayStation platforms for the franchise, San Diego Studio just revealed details of their MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition. Users that purchase this edition for $69.99, will receive $130 in added bonus content.
  • Exclusive MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Wood Grain SteelBook and Exclusive Cover
  • 12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)
  • 15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)
  • All 30 MLB Team Dynamic Themes ($ 3.49 each retail)
  • Official MLB 15 Dynamic Theme ($3.49 retail)
Quote:
The physical 10th Anniversary Edition will be available to pre-order today at your preferred US retailer (not available in-store in Canada), including Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart. We’re also excited to announce that on 2/10, a digital version (all the same digital goodies) will be available to pre-order on PlayStation Store. Don’t forget that pre-ordering on PS Store means you’ll be able to pre-load the game onto your PS4 system two days before it launches so you’re ready to play just after midnight.
Quote:
By pre-ordering MLB 15 The Show digitally on PlayStation Store or at various retailers, you will receive a free voucher for a DualShock 4 Skin for the MLB team of your choice from Skinit. Additionally, if you pre-order at GameStop — or EB Games, for those of you in Canada — you will receive the Skinit skin and six additional Bonus Item Packs for use in game. (See an image here.)

Russell Martin of the Toronto Blue Jays has been announced as the cover athlete in Canada. (See an image here.)

Also, don't forget to watch the very first gameplay stream of MLB 15 The Show later today at 2:00 PM PST, on their Twitch channel. Just in case you missed it, check out the full fact sheet here.

MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 15 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 countryboy @ 02/08/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Ya I saw that now. Do you know if we get the skin right on Tuesday or March 31st
I would think you get the skin on release day or a few days after. I pre-ordered the game in store and didn't receive anything as of yet. My guess is that it comes inside the case for hard copies and then you'll get a voucher via email on the 31st if you buy it digitally.

# 82 garyjr33 @ 02/08/15 04:42 PM
+ Ramone Russell on February 5th, 2015 at 12:35 pm said:
Packs have 8 total items, 6 MLB Player cards and 2 items that can be Equipment, Ritual Items, Franchise Sponsorships, or Stadiums.

Found this gem on the playstation blog comments about the announcement of the anniversary edition. There is a lot of value in those 10 extra dollars. Geez. Kudos to SCEA SDS.

I may actually have to give DD a try this year. Didn't care for it in the past.

# 83 Cowboy008 @ 02/08/15 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Packs have 8 total items, 6 MLB Player cards and 2 items that can be Equipment, Ritual Items, Franchise Sponsorships, or Stadiums.

Found this gem on the playstation blog comments about the announcement of the anniversary edition. There is a lot of value in those 10 extra dollars. Geez. Kudos to SCEA SDS.

So you can only get Sponsors for your Franchise team through packs?

# 84 nemesis04 @ 02/08/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
So you can only get Sponsors for your Franchise team through packs?
In franchise mode it is different. I am sure they will go over it when the time comes.

# 85 CubFan23 @ 02/08/15 09:45 PM
Just pre ordered the anniversary edition from Best Buy, with GCU and my reward certificates my total came to $28.39! C'mon March 31st!

# 86 Shakedowncapo @ 02/08/15 11:21 PM
Quote:

If this is the direction Diamond Dynasty is going(more towards UT in FIFA and MT in NBA2k) then I'm on board. I hope they really embrace the idea of using these card packs to unlock awesome players...I mean ****, baseball was the first to do this!

But this can all go down the drain if playing online is like playing a totally different game. Its not acceptable anymore, AT ALL.

# 87 nbacoventry @ 02/09/15 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbacoventry
Anyone know where I could pre-order the 10th Anniversary Edition if I'm from the UK?

Ordered MLB in the past from videogameplus where I wasn't hit with any customs charges so I would want to avoid that too when ordering.
Anyone know?

# 88 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/09/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbacoventry
Anyone know?
Might have better luck getting a reply here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...thread-95.html

# 89 garyjr33 @ 02/09/15 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
If this is the direction Diamond Dynasty is going(more towards UT in FIFA and MT in NBA2k) then I'm on board. I hope they really embrace the idea of using these card packs to unlock awesome players...I mean ****, baseball was the first to do this!

But this can all go down the drain if playing online is like playing a totally different game. Its not acceptable anymore, AT ALL.
I just hope if it does go in the direction of UT that they allow you to play the computer in unique tournaments and challenges. I don't want to have to always play another human being in this kind of mode. NHL 15 did away with the offline tournaments, and you can only play single games against the CPU. Madden and NBA allow you to play mini tournaments with themes and challenges.

# 90 HustlinOwl @ 02/09/15 06:52 PM
Quote:
I just hope if it does go in the direction of UT that they allow you to play the computer in unique tournaments and challenges. I don't want to have to always play another human being in this kind of mode. NHL 15 did away with the offline tournaments, and you can only play single games against the CPU. Madden and NBA allow you to play mini tournaments with themes and challenges.

Extra Innings mode in 14 allows you to play vs AI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 91 ajblithe20 @ 02/10/15 02:56 PM
For anyone wondering, this is now available for Pre-Order in the PSN Store

# 92 HozAndMoose @ 02/10/15 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
That's what I was saying to my dad the other day... I was like.... What are we going to do on Sunday afternoons now? Footballs gone, and Baseballs not quite here. lol
You can watch people drive around in circles in a few weeks.

# 93 Keirik @ 02/10/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burjeffton
Done and done! Stoked about this version!

My only gripe: Can I get a copy with WORLD CHAMPIONS on it? The Giants win 3 in 5 years, have the most dominating pitcher ever seen in a postseason... and we get a clownshow on the cover? C'mon man!

/juvenile rant over
Damn, when did the Giants get Bob Gibson?

# 94 Keirik @ 02/10/15 05:40 PM
Anyone know if there ever are any PS4 bundles that will have MBL involved? Amazon has a good one with LAst of Us and Shadows of Mordor included for 399 but honestly, I want the ps4 for the show so that makes more sense for me

# 95 MrOldboy @ 02/10/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Anyone know if there ever are any PS4 bundles that will have MBL involved? Amazon has a good one with LAst of Us and Shadows of Mordor included for 399 but honestly, I want the ps4 for the show so that makes more sense for me
The Show has never been a huge series for Sony. The two games you mentioned for example sold between 4-5 times that of The Show on PS4. It would be cool to see a PS4 themed for The Show, white with laces or something, but The Show just isn't the type of franchise that pushes a large mass of people to buy a console.

It sells better if you consider it a yearly franchise though and compare say three years of The Show sales vs 1 year of a game that took three years to make. I hope Sony looks at it that way revenue wise. In terms of selling a console to new customers though, The Show is likely a poor choice since many of those sales are from repeat customers already.

# 96 nemesis04 @ 02/11/15 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
The Show has never been a huge series for Sony. The two games you mentioned for example sold between 4-5 times that of The Show on PS4. It would be cool to see a PS4 themed for The Show, white with laces or something, but The Show just isn't the type of franchise that pushes a large mass of people to buy a console.

It sells better if you consider it a yearly franchise though and compare say three years of The Show sales vs 1 year of a game that took three years to make. I hope Sony looks at it that way revenue wise. In terms of selling a console to new customers though, The Show is likely a poor choice since many of those sales are from repeat customers already.
While The Show does not do the numbers of the other games that were mentioned, I do think The Show puts PS4 consoles in peoples homes. I don't necessarily think the other ones quite do that. It could be more impactful than just looking at how many game units The Show sold.

# 97 jm2054 @ 02/11/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
While The Show does not do the numbers of the other games that were mentioned, I do think The Show puts PS4 consoles in peoples homes. I don't necessarily think the other ones quite do that. It could be more impactful than just looking at how many game units The Show sold.
Yup show is the only reason I have a PS4 I buy all other games on my X1

# 98 MetsFan16 @ 02/15/15 06:50 PM
I pre-ordered this and now Im wondering what these aditional goodies are. Will the "15 Bonus Items" then be these Cards we saw in the streams?

# 99 BravesBoy @ 02/15/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Yep, flat out the only reason I owned a PS3 and now a PS4 is because of The Show..

# 100 MrOldboy @ 02/16/15 12:33 AM
Quote:
I think it does as well, but at a fairly low number compared to larger AAA games that also receive more advertisement compared to The Show. Looking at sales year-to-year The Show's numbers are fairly steady and I'm sure Sony knows about how many people playing year 20XX of The Show also bought the previous year. To those fans the game simply existing is enough to upgrade to a PS4. They probably also know how many people played 2013 on PS3 and how many moved to PS4 as well.

Using vgchartz so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

2012: 0.88M PS3
2013: 0.64M PS3
2014: 0.32M PS3, 0.52M PS4

So it looks like a large chunk of people went from PS3 to PS4 just because they wanted the latest version of the game. That will likely be skewed even more in 2015 if I had to guess. I just don't think The Show reaches the types of customers you think it does. It reaches customers, but many of them are already fans, like us.

If Sony thought that The Show would bring in new customers to the Sony ecosystem they would advertise it harder and/or make a bundle for it. Sony also has way more info that we will ever have on the sales trends of their games and make decisions accordingly.

I hope Sony takes a risk one day and does release a bundle. Maybe the next PS4 Slim, matte white with red stitches and a matching controller.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.