03:56 PM - February 5, 2015 by Steve_OS
The MLB 15 The Show gameplay stream is starting in a few minutes. You can click the "Spoiler Show" button below to watch it here at OS, or open a new browser and watch it. For those of you that miss out, we'll update this post with the archive when it is available on Twitch.
Some bullet points (Thanks jyoung!)
- Dynamic shadows in each stadium that will change over the course of the season
- Colors will also change based on the amount of sun exposure
- Grass and dirt colors are more accurate for each stadium
- There are way more skin tones (they used to only have 13), which means you'll get much more realistic skin on dark-toned players
- Directional hitting lets you influence where the ball will go, even in "timing only" mode
- Dynamic pitch breaks make each pitch type easier to recognize and closer to how the ball acts in real life
- Quick counts will start you in the middle of an at-bat more frequently. Pitchers will always start on a 1-1 count
- Manual cutoffs are triggered by the L1 button and will help keep singles with a runner in scoring position from turning into cheap doubles
- Outfielders have more curved, indirect routes, and will no longer just take straight paths to the ball. This should help reduce the number of undeserved doubles and triples
- Infielders will follow the ball better and cover bases more realistically
- There were no changes to umpires
- The new MLB challenge system is in place for close plays at bases
- Lots of new catching, tagging, and throwing animations were captured; they are unique to each base
- Baserunners will slow up now and dynamically change their run speed based on where the ball is hit
- There is more of a separation this year between fast and and slow runners
- Expect less warping and no more sudden, unrealistic speed boosts in all fielding animations
- You can use analog swings with timing hitting now
- Meter pitching is more sensitive and has more risk/reward. Missing your mark has more of a penalty, hitting your mark has more of a benefit
- Fielding and throwing sliders are now separated into different slider categories for infield/outfield
In the future: More twitch broadcasts are coming. A "presentation" stream will be next.
UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here or click the "Spoiler Show" button below.
As gameplay is being shown, let us know what you think!