Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video and blog with more details on universal rewards, licensed equipment and 30 Legends. At the end of the video, the team reveals 30 Legend cards included in the game.

Quote:
In the last couple years, we’ve added something we call your Universal Profile, which tracks your playstyle tendencies and passively rewards you with XP and Stubs while you play. This year, in addition to XP and Stubs, you’ll earn new Items usable throughout different game modes.

Road to the Show is a mode focused on one player’s path to the majors and beyond. As you play, you’ll find different qualities of licensed equipment that can enhance your player’s attributes. Once you find them, you’ll equip them to your player for an instant boost to his skill. Your player has slots for a Bat, Batting Gloves, Fielding Glove, Cleats, and echoing the traditions of our sport, a Ritual item.

Franchise is a mode focused on managing baseball organizations on every level. Periodically, you’ll find Brand Sponsorship contracts. Once you have the contract in hand, you can choose at any time to partner your Franchise team with the Brand. Doing so will add some Brand flavor to your interface during game broadcasts. The Sponsorship also earns your team budget incentives based on how you performance in a certain statistic.

Diamond Dynasty is a fantasy baseball card mode where you build a custom team and assemble players you find into a squad. Diamond Dynasty is DRASTICALLY changed this year so keep an eye out for a more focused blog about it. MLB Player Cards and Stadiums Cards will be rewarded as you play. While playing ANY mode, you’ll be passively building a fantasy squad of MLB pros.

Collect an entire MLB team or get REALLY lucky with a pack, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from one of 30 MLB teams.

We’re very excited this year that we’ve partnered with nine iconic baseball brands to bring items from their product catalog directly into the game. We are lucky to have such amazing partners. Check out this list of awesomeness:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®

UPDATE: Here is the list of 30 legends.
  • Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
  • Harmon Killebrew - Minnesota Twins
  • George Brett - Kansas City Royals
  • Fred McGriff - Tampa Bay Rays
  • Nolan Ryan - Texas Rangers
  • Jack McDowell - Chicago White Sox
  • Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
  • Joe Carter - Toronto Blue Jays
  • Orel Hershiser - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Will Clark - San Francisco Giants
  • Dave Winfield - San Diego Padres
  • Dennis Eckersley - Oakland Athletics
  • Ernie Banks - Chicago Cubs
  • Jeff Bagwell - Houston Astros
  • Rod Carew - California Angels
  • Tom Seaver - New York Mets
  • Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
  • Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
  • Mike Schmidt - Philadelpha Phillies
  • Robin Yount - Milwaukee Brewers
  • Ralph Kiner - Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Yogi Berra - New York Yankees
  • Andre Dawson - Washington Nationals
  • Ozzie Smith - St. Louis Cardinals
  • Kenny Lofton - Cleveland Indians
  • Edgar Martinez - Seattle Mariners
  • Dante Bichette - Colorado Rockies
  • Steve Finley - Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Cliff Floyd - Miami Marlins
  • Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ShowTyme15 @ 02/10/15 06:46 PM
Nice. Looks good. One thing I didn't like is it looks like cleats are still locked for certain teams (unless it's fixed now). Love the sponsorship ideas. Plenty of options to choose from. Licensed equipment and brand sponsors will add a lot to this game, especially presentation aspects.

Oral Hershiser as the Dodgers legend. I can live with that.

# 2 bcruise @ 02/10/15 06:51 PM
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but will the CPU teams in a franchise utilize the sponsorships for budget incentives? I'm assuming no.

Glad to see Mr. Cub announced as the North Siders' representative.

# 3 Tengo Juego @ 02/10/15 06:57 PM
It's hard to scrub the video precisely on mobile, but it looks like Edgar Martinez over Griffey Jr. Surprising!

Edit: Yup, confirmation:

# 4 gillz107 @ 02/10/15 07:01 PM
That's RIGHT!! The Ted Williams baseball card gets the respect it deserves as the very last card to be shown.

And I'll be playing the hell outta this game to get that card ASAP!!

# 5 Turbojugend @ 02/10/15 07:06 PM
Will Clark on the Giants! Love it!

Looks like the Yankees got Yogi Berra.

# 6 pirates1fan @ 02/10/15 07:07 PM
I love this video, and I love the way they have implemented the equipment to make it more than a fashion thing, but to really add to your Road to the Show and Franchise in other ways too.

Also, I didn't know what to expect with the legends, but as a Bucco fan, I am pretty happy about Ralph Kiner being the choice. I didn't expect that. I figured a Honus Wagner, Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clemente, or Willie Stargell. I wonder if there will be different ones next year... But I like the selection of legends this year.

# 7 ShowTyme15 @ 02/10/15 07:10 PM
Can we unlock the baseball cards while playing in all modes or is this strictly with DD?

# 8 headzapp @ 02/10/15 07:15 PM
I love the real brands, and real sponsors. I hope one day a deal could be struck to partner with MLB TV or something to make The Show even deeper like NHL 15 did with NBC Sports.
That small clip in the video at 1:59 looks nice!

# 9 RLebron12 @ 02/10/15 07:27 PM
Awesome! Perfect brands and love the franchise sponsorship!

Was hoping for Bonds or Mays but you can't be mad getting Will "The Thrill" Clark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 SoxFan01605 @ 02/10/15 07:29 PM
I love the fact that you can place sponsors in-game! Even though it's a relatively small change on-screen, it's a nice way to freshen up the presentation as franchise progresses.

Also, while I generally am somewhat neutral on licensed equipment, I have to admit that seeing my Rawlings HOH glove in the video got me excited for my in-game player getting geared up properly!

# 11 tnixen @ 02/10/15 07:29 PM
Those Stat Overlays are just beautiful just so beautiful!

# 12 Jimmydm90 @ 02/10/15 07:35 PM
Will Clark over Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, Willie Mccovey, Juan Marichal, Orlando Cepeda, Gaylord Perry... Maaaan 😔

# 13 RLebron12 @ 02/10/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Those Stat Overlays are just beautiful just so beautiful!

Buster Poseys equipment looks so much better and actually fits his body!

# 14 legacyme3 @ 02/10/15 07:39 PM
I wonder how old the Legends will be if you choose to use them in Franchise mode...? (I'm assuming by opting into using them outside of DD lets us use them in franchise)

Because, not gonna lie, I totally want Ted Williams to rake alongside David Ortiz, Mookie Betts, and Dustin Pedroia.

# 15 SoxFan01605 @ 02/10/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Will Clark over Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, Willie Mccovey, Juan Marichal, Orlando Cepeda, Gaylord Perry... Maaaan 😔
I have a feeling that such decisions are more about access/availability than ranking or significance.

# 16 Perfect Zero @ 02/10/15 07:42 PM
I hope we don't have to do the season sponsorships or we won't be punished by not using them. I see enough commercials on television and at the Ballpark, I really don't care to see them in this game.

I am glad they did get some real gear in, but boosts for career modes and commercials in game? Come on, this is the stuff we criticize Madden and 2k for all of the time.

# 17 Cowboy008 @ 02/10/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Buster Poseys equipment looks so much better and actually fits his body!

That's one of the first things that stood out to me. I like that they added new equipment this year.

# 18 thaSLAB @ 02/10/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Can we unlock the baseball cards while playing in all modes or is this strictly with DD?
Yes, you unlock things in all modes. The cards/gear themselves have icons on them that tell you where they can be used.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 19 ShowTyme15 @ 02/10/15 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yes, you unlock things in all modes. The cards/gear themselves have icons on them that tell you where they can be used.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Cool. Thanks SLAB.

# 20 Jimmydm90 @ 02/10/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I have a feeling that such decisions are more about access/availability than ranking or significance.

Well obviously vs all of those hall of famers and record holders haha. It's not a big deal. Will Clark was a great player. Maybe next year.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.