Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video and blog with more details on universal rewards, licensed equipment and 30 Legends. At the end of the video, the team reveals 30 Legend cards included in the game.

Quote:
In the last couple years, we’ve added something we call your Universal Profile, which tracks your playstyle tendencies and passively rewards you with XP and Stubs while you play. This year, in addition to XP and Stubs, you’ll earn new Items usable throughout different game modes.

Road to the Show is a mode focused on one player’s path to the majors and beyond. As you play, you’ll find different qualities of licensed equipment that can enhance your player’s attributes. Once you find them, you’ll equip them to your player for an instant boost to his skill. Your player has slots for a Bat, Batting Gloves, Fielding Glove, Cleats, and echoing the traditions of our sport, a Ritual item.

Franchise is a mode focused on managing baseball organizations on every level. Periodically, you’ll find Brand Sponsorship contracts. Once you have the contract in hand, you can choose at any time to partner your Franchise team with the Brand. Doing so will add some Brand flavor to your interface during game broadcasts. The Sponsorship also earns your team budget incentives based on how you performance in a certain statistic.

Diamond Dynasty is a fantasy baseball card mode where you build a custom team and assemble players you find into a squad. Diamond Dynasty is DRASTICALLY changed this year so keep an eye out for a more focused blog about it. MLB Player Cards and Stadiums Cards will be rewarded as you play. While playing ANY mode, you’ll be passively building a fantasy squad of MLB pros.

Collect an entire MLB team or get REALLY lucky with a pack, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from one of 30 MLB teams.

We’re very excited this year that we’ve partnered with nine iconic baseball brands to bring items from their product catalog directly into the game. We are lucky to have such amazing partners. Check out this list of awesomeness:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®

UPDATE: Here is the list of 30 legends.
  • Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
  • Harmon Killebrew - Minnesota Twins
  • George Brett - Kansas City Royals
  • Fred McGriff - Tampa Bay Rays
  • Nolan Ryan - Texas Rangers
  • Jack McDowell - Chicago White Sox
  • Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
  • Joe Carter - Toronto Blue Jays
  • Orel Hershiser - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Will Clark - San Francisco Giants
  • Dave Winfield - San Diego Padres
  • Dennis Eckersley - Oakland Athletics
  • Ernie Banks - Chicago Cubs
  • Jeff Bagwell - Houston Astros
  • Rod Carew - California Angels
  • Tom Seaver - New York Mets
  • Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
  • Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
  • Mike Schmidt - Philadelpha Phillies
  • Robin Yount - Milwaukee Brewers
  • Ralph Kiner - Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Yogi Berra - New York Yankees
  • Andre Dawson - Washington Nationals
  • Ozzie Smith - St. Louis Cardinals
  • Kenny Lofton - Cleveland Indians
  • Edgar Martinez - Seattle Mariners
  • Dante Bichette - Colorado Rockies
  • Steve Finley - Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Cliff Floyd - Miami Marlins
  • Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/15 12:11 AM
An impressive selection of brands. SCEA got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Will Clark on the Giants! Love it!

Looks like the Yankees got Yogi Berra.
LOL, Will Clark? He is THE WORST!

Mays, McCovey, Marichal (that leg kick would be nasty to pitch with), Bonds, Matt Williams...heck even Kevin Mitchell, Brett Butler, or Robby Thomson. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan97
I absolutely hate the fact they tied boosts to the equipment in RTTS.
RTTS is not my mode anyway, but I agree this makes it feel a bit RPG-ish or more arcade-y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Cliff Floyd??? Cliff Floyd????

Sheffield!!!! I would even take Mr. Marlin Jeff Conine over....Cliff Floyd???

Other than that a super strong list of players. Glad to see the Crime Dog made it in for the Rays.
Luis Castillo would've made sense for the Fish. Couldn't go wrong with Craig Counsell either, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I am the farthest thing from being a White Sox fan but they got hosed with Jack McDowell. So many great Sox players and they pick him?
Oddly, I don't mind this one so much even though there are clearly better choices in Frank Thomas and Nellie Fox. Black Jack is one of the Sox I liked the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Really liked what i saw. More the most part anyway. That 78 OVR Wade Davis better just be for DD though.
Anything less than a 90 for Wade Davis is pretty glaring. Stuff like this is why the Hybrid roster is an actual thing.

# 62 Russell_SCEA @ 02/11/15 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Looks better with colors rather than the cleats just being black huh?

Anyways man idk according to the video cleats still look to be locked. Check out the video when they show the UA cleats in the player editor.

Yes you can still edit the colors on the cleats nothing has changed in the player edit area. Just more options have been added to the fold.

# 63 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/15 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes you can still edit the colors on the cleats nothing has changed int he player edit area. Just more options have been added to the fold.
So the blocked cleat colors for the Dodgers, Blue Jays, Royals, Athletics, Phillies, & Cubs is now gone? Last year they were locked for these teams.

# 64 Cowboy008 @ 02/11/15 12:19 AM
The boosts that come with the equipment is that just tied into RTTS?

# 65 Russell_SCEA @ 02/11/15 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
So the blocked cleat colors for the Dodgers, Blue Jays, Royals, Athletics, Phillies, & Cubs is now gone? Last year they were locked for these teams.
I did not say that.

# 66 ajblithe20 @ 02/11/15 12:23 AM
I'm always very excited for The Show each year, but I'm beyond excited for it this go around. Everything in this video is really cool and looks great. I cannot wait to play this game.
Oh, and they showed the back of Adam Jones, but I still can't tell if he has that giant beard... what a tease lol

# 67 Russell_SCEA @ 02/11/15 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The boosts that come with the equipment is that just tied into RTTS?

Ask Nick during the stream on Thursday

# 68 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/15 12:25 AM
Quote:
I did not say that.
Judging by this answer I'm going to assume they are still locked for these teams then.

# 69 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/15 12:28 AM
Pardon me for going off topic for a bit, but just a general comment on the video that came out today...I am liking what SCEA did with the clean screen feel. They made the scorebug smaller and streamlined some of the fonts. It's a lot cleaner looking and I don't think I am imagining that. It has me looking forward to the presentation twitch.

# 70 ajblithe20 @ 02/11/15 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Pardon me for going off topic for a bit, but just a general comment on the video that came out today...I am liking what SCEA did with the clean screen feel. They made the scorebug smaller and streamlined some of the fonts. It's a lot cleaner looking and I don't think I am imagining that. It has me looking forward to the presentation twitch.
I don't mean to keep this off topic for too long either but I totally agree with you. NBA 2k has always had a clean feel to it too in this way and I've always wished other sports games would go that route

# 71 Shakedowncapo @ 02/11/15 12:33 AM
Quote:
Any chance of them answering the types of cards we can look forward too this year? like throwback versions of current players?

DD sounds totally revamped, can't wait to hear about it in full.

# 72 Cowboy008 @ 02/11/15 12:37 AM
Quote:
I may not be able to watch the stream live. Will you guys be doing a Q&A afterwards?

# 73 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/15 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I may not be able to watch the stream live. Will you guys be doing a Q&A afterwards?
They do it during the stream, but afterwards I'm sure the CD guys will start a Q&A thread.

# 74 Factzzz @ 02/11/15 12:40 AM
Quote:
I did not say that.
Well they really need to be unblocked, so hopefully if it isn't yet, something can be done about it.

# 75 ARMORALLL @ 02/11/15 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Well they really need to be unblocked, so hopefully if it isn't yet, something can be done about it.
You can't have it all. Some weird rules around the uniforms and apparently colors.

# 76 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/15 01:00 AM
Since we are in equipment maybe a CD guy can answer this. If not I'll ask again after the stream.

Can we edit cap brims this year? In 14 is was locked for default players, but editable for created players. Just wanted to know if we can edit everyone this year and not just created players.

Example: couldn't edit Max Scherzer's hat in 14, but we could edit George Springer's hat.

# 77 seanjeezy @ 02/11/15 01:13 AM
Is every style included for each brand? So for example, will Nike have the lunar vapor trout, lunar vapor pro, air max mvp elite, air mvp pro, etc?

# 78 Ronstr @ 02/11/15 01:15 AM
Will there be updates during the season if new equipment is introduced?

# 79 Factzzz @ 02/11/15 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
You can't have it all. Some weird rules around the uniforms and apparently colors.
I understand teams have specific shoe colors they have to wear, but editing the color of the shoes for those teams in MLB 13 wasn't blocked and every aspect of the shoe's color was able to be changed.

But idk what happened last year, if they "have" to block some parts from being editable, then they need to choose better parts of the shoes because it didn't even make sense most of the times.

But we'll see how it works out this year.

# 80 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/11/15 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I am the farthest thing from being a White Sox fan but they got hosed with Jack McDowell. So many great Sox players and they pick him?
I hope there is a good reason for them not to pick Frank Thomas.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.