Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video and blog with more details on universal rewards, licensed equipment and 30 Legends. At the end of the video, the team reveals 30 Legend cards included in the game.

Quote:
In the last couple years, we’ve added something we call your Universal Profile, which tracks your playstyle tendencies and passively rewards you with XP and Stubs while you play. This year, in addition to XP and Stubs, you’ll earn new Items usable throughout different game modes.

Road to the Show is a mode focused on one player’s path to the majors and beyond. As you play, you’ll find different qualities of licensed equipment that can enhance your player’s attributes. Once you find them, you’ll equip them to your player for an instant boost to his skill. Your player has slots for a Bat, Batting Gloves, Fielding Glove, Cleats, and echoing the traditions of our sport, a Ritual item.

Franchise is a mode focused on managing baseball organizations on every level. Periodically, you’ll find Brand Sponsorship contracts. Once you have the contract in hand, you can choose at any time to partner your Franchise team with the Brand. Doing so will add some Brand flavor to your interface during game broadcasts. The Sponsorship also earns your team budget incentives based on how you performance in a certain statistic.

Diamond Dynasty is a fantasy baseball card mode where you build a custom team and assemble players you find into a squad. Diamond Dynasty is DRASTICALLY changed this year so keep an eye out for a more focused blog about it. MLB Player Cards and Stadiums Cards will be rewarded as you play. While playing ANY mode, you’ll be passively building a fantasy squad of MLB pros.

Collect an entire MLB team or get REALLY lucky with a pack, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from one of 30 MLB teams.

We’re very excited this year that we’ve partnered with nine iconic baseball brands to bring items from their product catalog directly into the game. We are lucky to have such amazing partners. Check out this list of awesomeness:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®

UPDATE: Here is the list of 30 legends.
  • Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
  • Harmon Killebrew - Minnesota Twins
  • George Brett - Kansas City Royals
  • Fred McGriff - Tampa Bay Rays
  • Nolan Ryan - Texas Rangers
  • Jack McDowell - Chicago White Sox
  • Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
  • Joe Carter - Toronto Blue Jays
  • Orel Hershiser - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Will Clark - San Francisco Giants
  • Dave Winfield - San Diego Padres
  • Dennis Eckersley - Oakland Athletics
  • Ernie Banks - Chicago Cubs
  • Jeff Bagwell - Houston Astros
  • Rod Carew - California Angels
  • Tom Seaver - New York Mets
  • Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
  • Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
  • Mike Schmidt - Philadelpha Phillies
  • Robin Yount - Milwaukee Brewers
  • Ralph Kiner - Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Yogi Berra - New York Yankees
  • Andre Dawson - Washington Nationals
  • Ozzie Smith - St. Louis Cardinals
  • Kenny Lofton - Cleveland Indians
  • Edgar Martinez - Seattle Mariners
  • Dante Bichette - Colorado Rockies
  • Steve Finley - Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Cliff Floyd - Miami Marlins
  • Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Jason_19 @ 02/12/15 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Which part are you taking note of? Just the ritual items in general?
Yeah.

The first thing I noticed were the words "golden thong".

I got a kick out of that - something that's a common reference to actually wearing a female thong under your baseball pants - and how that was visually represented by a golden thong slipper.

When I rewound the video to pause the screen to see what else was listed/shown, I noticed the others and couldn't believe what I was seeing with "sleeping companion" and "minute man".

The references should be obvious, but appear innocent because they're represented by items that cover the sexual innuendos.

# 162 redsox4evur @ 02/12/15 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3maddenjunkie
so why do u think they couldn't go with mantle? I remember mantle being in 2k6 and in MVP baseball I think it was 2k6 or 2k7 one of the 2.
They may not have asked his relatives/kids or they were asking for too much money.

# 163 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/12/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero

"I say f*** you Jobu, I do it myself"
-Pedro Cerrano

# 164 Sip_16 @ 02/12/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
"Jesus, I like him very much but he no help with curveball"

"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

# 165 rjackson @ 02/12/15 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Cannot believe people are complaining about this, LMAO, it is a sim and sponsors are a big part of a franchise as are finances, and this ties directly into it. Welcome addition, and adds another layer to franchise. People whine over everything, Jesus.
He said that he knows he's in the minority so give some benefit of the doubt. I understand how exhausting it is and feel inundated by ads.

My concerns are a bit more big picture, though. It probably took a lot for them to get these sponsorships in and that glimpse of the video does make them look like ads. "lightweight with superior construction" et al. You know that there were executives and lawyers involved with demands like "our materials must be depicted as always clean, never even a smudge of dirt, and we need to see substantive boosts to attributes", stuff like that. I just hope that there is no silly lawsuits because Nike signed Player X to always wear Nike gear but he is wearing non-Nike brand gloves in the game so we are suing.

I didn't find anything wrong with the generic stuff, I concentrate on pitches and not on gloves, shoes, etc, so I am already a bit bias. However, I must admit that they listened to the demands of the consumer.

# 166 bluclws22 @ 02/12/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathrowback
Sighhhhhhh...no bonds..
I have a feeling all of the Big-Time legends everyone wants will come in a DLC pack later
Yes, it will be the special edition PED user players pack

# 167 Turbojugend @ 02/12/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Can't say enough how pumped i am for will clark. A lot of people questioning that here probably dont realize how loved this guy is by Giants fans, hes up there probably top 5 all time beloved Giants. Sounds nuts but after mays and bonds, will clark is up there, probably on the same level as mccovey as far as fan favorites go.
Totally agreed. Will Clark never put up the numbers and will never reach the stature of Mays, Bonds, McCovey, etc. but he was from my era of Giants, when I first became a really big fan. And he was far and away my favorite player at that time. Glad to see him make it.

# 168 redsox4evur @ 02/12/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Yeah... a few features from that pack are

Cardinals- McGwire
Cubs- Sosa
Yankees- Rodriguez
Athletics- Canseco
Giants- Bonds
Red Sox- Ortiz/Manny/Pedro?

This is coming from a Red Sox fan. And now nothing ever came of it, but google Angel Presnal, he was one of Pedro's trainers so the suspicion could be there. Manny has been suspended 2 times for PEDs. And Ortiz failed a PED test in 2003.

# 169 Shakedowncapo @ 02/12/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluclws22
Yes, it will be the special edition PED user players pack
And I guarantee it'll be the most bought pack.

# 170 RLebron12 @ 02/12/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

Any pack with Bonds in it would be a great seller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 171 Shakedowncapo @ 02/12/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Any pack with Bonds in it would be a great seller!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We'll never see it though. Even if SCEA got an agreement from each player, the MLB would shut that **** down, which is unfortunate.

# 172 Jimmydm90 @ 02/12/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
We'll never see it though. Even if SCEA got an agreement from each player, the MLB would shut that **** down, which is unfortunate.

Just don't call it the PED pack! Slip it past 'em haha.

Buy the "New Legendary Power Pack. Enhanced edition." Or go the Goldeneye route and call it "Big Head Mode."

# 173 HozAndMoose @ 02/12/15 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Just don't call it the PED pack! Slip it past 'em haha.

Buy the "New Legendary Power Pack. Enhanced edition." Or go the Goldeneye route and call it "Big Head Mode."
I like "Little Ball Pack" better

# 174 MrOldboy @ 02/12/15 03:52 PM
I was jut wondering, do you think they made custom batting/pitching motions for these players? If so I hope that they didn't count them in the fact sheet numbers of new stances/motions. I'd rather have those 30 stances for current players.

# 175 redsox4evur @ 02/12/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I was jut wondering, do you think they made custom batting/pitching motions for these players? If so I hope that they didn't count them in the fact sheet numbers of new stances/motions. I'd rather have those 30 stances for current players.
Some of these guys already have stances in the game, I think. The list of all the stances can be found here.

Guys that already have one are
Kaline
Killebrew
Brett
Ryan
Brooks Robinson
Eckersley
Banks
Bagwell
Carew
Seaver
Niekro
Bench
Berra
Schmidt
Yount
Kiner
Dawson
Smith
Lofton
Edgar Martinez
Steve Finley
and
Floyd
So that's 22 out of the 30 legends that already have stances/motions in the game.

# 176 bluclws22 @ 02/12/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd def purchase that pack regardless lol

# 177 bluclws22 @ 02/12/15 04:40 PM
Does anyone know when the video stream is going to be today?

# 178 tnixen @ 02/12/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
In 16 Minutes

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/profile

# 179 ShowTyme15 @ 02/12/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
In 15 minutes

# 180 bluclws22 @ 02/12/15 04:48 PM
Excellent!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.