Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show gameplay stream is starting in a few minutes, detailing licensed equipment, universal rewards and Diamond Dynasty. You can click the "Spoiler Show" button below to watch it here at OS, or open a new browser and watch it. For those of you that miss out, we'll update this post with the archive when it is available on Twitch.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here or click the "Spoiler Show" button below (it starts at roughly the 1:45 mark).

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 og236 @ 02/13/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
If you look real close, the header on that column is "H," which is the side he hits from. Kirby Yates hits from the left side, so this is correct. What's not correct (and is a bug) is that we show the pitcher's batting side instead of throwing hand. This will be updated to show the pitcher's throwing hand. Yates does throw from the right side in the game.

Gotcha Lorne, thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 162 ajblithe20 @ 02/13/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I may have missed it somewhere along the way, but is the regular timing hitting still in? As it has been in years past, or has it changed.
It is, just not as timing. It's Directional Hitting now. If you want to use Timing, just use Directional hitting but don't move the left stick.

# 163 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/13/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
It is, just not as timing. It's Directional Hitting now. If you want to use Timing, just use Directional hitting but don't move the left stick.
Ok. I got a little worried because I saw in the stream he was using directional, but he was having to flick the analog stick upward to bat. I prefer the button mashing method. Has it been verified that the button can still be used.

# 164 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Ok. I got a little worried because I saw in the stream he was using directional, but he was having to flick the analog stick upward to bat. I prefer the button mashing method. Has it been verified that the button can still be used.
Yes, buttons can still be used.

# 165 aguero90 @ 02/13/15 03:24 PM
Yes, you can still use buttons, what makes timing turn into directional, is if you use left stick.

# 166 tnixen @ 02/13/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Probably not enough for a stream.
Sadly I bet your right.

I mean to be totally honest the in game presentations really have not changed much at all especially when in comes to the Stat overlay presentations which in my opinion need major overhaul. There are some key things that could be done to the stat overlay presentations to make the game look a lot more like a real TV baseball broadcast. I hope for this year after year and every year short of some minor tweaks it pretty much looks and acts the same. Now i am not saying it's bad in it's current state It's just gotten a tad stale if you know what I mean. A lot of the needed improvements to the in game presentations for MLB The Show have already been done in that other now discontinued baseball game.

# 167 Madden's Jowels @ 02/13/15 04:11 PM
So no word on what next week's blog/stream will be?

Ramone, can you at least tell us, will there be another Cathedrals video or a blog/stream about stadium improvements/

# 168 SmoothyRogers @ 02/13/15 09:19 PM
I love everyone here!

# 169 Russell_SCEA @ 02/13/15 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
So no word on what next week's blog/stream will be?

Ramone, can you at least tell us, will there be another Cathedrals video or a blog/stream about stadium improvements/
Yeah we will most likely do one on the stadiums and graphics.

# 170 Knight165 @ 02/13/15 10:28 PM
Whoa!
Ed Brady gone?!.....Kirby in his place?

Ed is great....love the guy...but Kirby is the man!

That's great news...and congratulations(I think ) Kirby!

You get my support just for your camera changes in Manage only Mode. I love them......

M.K.
Knight165

# 171 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/15 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Whoa!
Ed Brady gone?!.....Kirby in his place?

Ed is great....love the guy...but Kirby is the man!

That's great news...and congratulations(I think ) Kirby!

You get my support just for your camera changes in Manage only Mode. I love them......

M.K.
Knight165
According to his LinkedIn profile. He now works for EA Sports. Producer on Madden.

# 172 BuckeyeBoyd @ 02/14/15 04:15 AM
Maybe he can fix that mess.

# 173 Battman @ 02/14/15 08:23 AM
1. Any chance for European MLB: The Show addicts to preorder the digital version with all the bonuses you offer for US pre-orders?

2. Are you aware that online gaming for European players is especially bad (totally unplayable)? Any special efforts for european online gamers this year?

# 174 Cowboy008 @ 02/14/15 11:44 AM
Has there been any word on if the CPU teams will also use the brand sponsors?

# 175 Knight165 @ 02/14/15 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Has there been any word on if the CPU teams will also use the brand sponsors?
They will for me....!...regardless....(30 team control)

M.K.
Knight165

# 176 HozAndMoose @ 02/14/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
They will for me....!...regardless....(30 team control)

M.K.
Knight165
Will it matter though? Wont the sponsor spots just show whoever the sponsor is for the team you are controlling during a game?

Or would it show your sponsor for your players at bat overlay and then the CPU's sponsor for their at bats?

# 177 tree3five @ 02/14/15 12:35 PM
Here is a list of all the accessories for edit player, for those like me that like to keep track of editing

ACCESSORIES
Glove Brand
Glove Style
Glove Back Color
Glove Web Style
Glove Web Color
Glove Laces Color
Glove Palm Color
Glove Trim Color
Glove Binding Color
Glove Welting Color
Glove Finger Out
B. Glove Under Glove
Bat Brand
Bat Style
Bat Barrel Color
Bat Handle Color
Bat Tape Style
Bat Tape Color
Pine Tar on Bat
Barrel Ring
Batting Gloves
Batting Glove Brand
Batting Glove Style
B. Glove Main Color
B. Glove Leather Color
B. Glove Wrist Color
B. Glove Knuckle Color
Elbow Guard
Elbow Guard Main Color
Elbow Guard 2nd Color
Shin Guard
Shin Guard Main Color
Shin Guard Back Color
Helmet Style
Tar on Helmet
Helmet Flaps
Cap Brim Style
Glasses
Glasses Use
Glasses on Cap
Glasses Frame Color
Glasses Lens Color
Eye Black
Turtleneck
Necklace
Necklace Color
NIKE PRO COMBAT
Left Sleeve
L. Compression Sleeve
L. Comp. Sleeve Color
Left Wrist Tape
Wrist Tape Color
Left Wrist Band
Left Wrist Band Color
Left Wrist Band #
Left Wrist Brace
Left Wrist Brace Color
Left Arm Band
Left Arm Band Color
Left Arm Band #
Right Sleeve
R. Compression Sleeve
R. Comp. Sleeve Color
Right Wrist Tape
Wrist Tape Color
Right Wrist Band
Right Wrist Band Color
Right Wrist Band #
Right Wrist Brace
Right Wrist Brace Color
Right Arm Band
Right Arm Band Color
Right Arm Band #
Baserunner Wrist Guard
Wrist Guard Color
Gloves in Pocket
Pants Style
Cleats Brand
Cleats Style
Cleats Graphic Color 1
Cleats Graphic Color 2
Cleats Main Body Color
Cleats 2nd Body Color
Cleats Tongue Color
Cleats Laces Color
Cleats Sole Color
Cleats Heel Color
Catcher Mask Style
Knee Savers
Knee Savers Color
Protector Main Color
Protector 2nd Color
Protector Trim Color
Protector Strap Color
Leg Guard Main Color
Leg Guard Trim Color
Leg Guard Strap Color

# 178 Knight165 @ 02/14/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Will it matter though? Wont the sponsor spots just show whoever the sponsor is for the team you are controlling during a game?

Or would it show your sponsor for your players at bat overlay and then the CPU's sponsor for their at bats?
I'm guessing for each team that it's assigned/activated for.
So while I have everything to AUTO for the 29 teams....I'll still hopefully get the packs and upgrades and be able to use them by just going to that section and assigning it.
Time will tell(or maybe Ramone will! )

M.K.
Knight165

# 179 OffensiveIndifferenc @ 02/14/15 01:45 PM
How is it that baserunners en route to first who are out well before approaching the bag still don't always step down on the bag?? They VERY often step over the bag which not on player actually does, everyone still touches down on the bag even while jogging it out.

This last video has provided me with more hope than I had, but how can a bunch of baseball fans who are making a game overlook this two years in a row? It's the little things, right SCEA?

# 180 HozAndMoose @ 02/14/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffensiveIndifferenc
How is it that baserunners en route to first who are out well before approaching the bag still don't always step down on the bag?? They VERY often step over the bag which not on player actually does, everyone still touches down on the bag even while jogging it out.

This last video has provided me with more hope than I had, but how can a bunch of baseball fans who are making a game overlook this two years in a row? It's the little things, right SCEA?

Because it really doesnt matter.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.